Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Questions about the Paulks....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Questions about the Paulks.... Aaron Scott
From the accounts I have heard, Earl Paulk's father was a good man. But so much confusion and sin have come from his sons, grandsons, etc., that I have wondered if something happened that ultimately led to such problems.

Maybe it started with Earl, but for it to hit so many of those related to him, makes me wonder.

Again, I don't want to implicate Bro. Paulk, but I have wondered if a wound somewhere might have created some sort of problem that later took full bloom.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/5/16 11:04 am

Post Cojak
Earl Paulk SR in my opinion was a true man of God. EARL Jr. was a very good preacher. I listened to him many Sunday Nights on Forward in Faith.

Jr. was the 'victim, product' of the good old boy network (intentional or unintentional), in my opinion. He was so 'high profile' it was just more obvious.

Dad was a good friend of Earl Sr. I will never forget hearing dad and another preacher talking about how hard that whole episode was on Bro. Paulk.

And another time I was fishing with a close friend who had been in COG administration, and his own son lost his position and church because of a moral failure. He confided in me, "Now I know how Earl felt."

Too many times the 'name' puts even the mediocre minister higher than his peers. Many times the 'inside track' ain't bad, but the times there is a failure it hurts.

Earl Jr. created his own 'hell', in spite of a good family. The good old boy network makes mistakes at times, IMHO. this was one of them.

Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/5/16 1:14 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic