Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Can we see a spirit?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Can we see a spirit? Eddie Robbins
Are we capable of seeing a spirit? I know we can see the evidence of a spirit but is it possible to see a spirit?

Have you ever seen a spirit?
Acts-pert Poster
1/3/16 8:02 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I would say no if they remain in their present state. Our Eyes do not reach out to an object but rather receive reflected light. That reflected light is interpreted in our brains as objects.

A spirit has no mass as we define it and therefore light has nothing to reflect from. The dimension in which spirits exist are not subject to the same laws of physics in which we exist. At least that's the common consensus.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/3/16 10:02 pm

Post Link
For most of us, most of the time, no. But angels are spirits and people at times have been able to see angels. Elijah had a servant whose eyes were opened and he could see a great host he could not see before.
1/3/16 10:02 pm

Post yes wayne
From my experiences, the answer is yes. Acts Enthusiast
1/4/16 8:58 am

Post Cojak
Mama didn't splain it as well as c6th, but she said we would see thru a spirit. So I reckon it is the same. I vote NO, if we B votin! Very Happy
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/4/16 12:16 pm

Post Eddie...I think so Aaron Scott
Of course, we don't see them just because we want to, but only if the Lord allows us to. John on Patmos apparently had such an experience...

Quote:
Revelation 19:10_And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

If you've ever had a dream where someone you know says something of importance or blessing to you, that might be a spirit.

I trust you know that I am not making any sort of doctrine out of it. Experience tells us that, if it happens at all, it's rare.

W.A. Criswell, former pastor of 1st Baptist of Dallas, speaks of a dream he had about the then-pastor of the Dallas church telling him that he needed to go down and preach to the people. The pastor had died. Criswell had no designs on the church (had only been there once in his whole life). Didn't tell his wife. But then a phone call comes in.... Yep.

I also believe that sometimes God allows us to see someone (perhaps in a dream--which begs the question of whether that is really a spirit; or in some other way) to bring comfort to us. My best friend died in March of last year. Occasionally, I'll dream of him...and it will cheer my heart. Why wouldn't a loving Father do that for His children from time to time?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/4/16 2:15 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I know that we see the results of a spirit just like no one has seen the wind but the results. I discount Revelation because so much of it is metaphor and symbolism and we mix those up. Which brings up another point that I'll st about later.

I just figure that if we could see spirits, I would probably have seen one by now. Again, I don't mean when spirits take on a physical body, I mean a spirit.
Acts-pert Poster
1/4/16 3:35 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I would say no if they remain in their present state. Our Eyes do not reach out to an object but rather receive reflected light. That reflected light is interpreted in our brains as objects.

I don't know, C. First time I seen momma, that reflected light a the image I seen went straight to the ole timer's heart. I guess it coulda passed through the brain on the way to the heart. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
1/4/16 3:58 pm

Post bonnie knox
I think Ole Timer is writing romance novels on the side. Wink [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/4/16 4:02 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Once upon a time at a Shoney's a long time ago......... Acts-pert Poster
1/4/16 4:10 pm

Post revuriah
bonnie knox wrote:
I think Ole Timer is writing romance novels on the side. Wink

I 'member it like it wuz yesterday. Sitting in tha big booth, all padded on my backside, when tha waitress brought her out ta me. I couldn't tell to plain whether it wuz just tha light in that thar dimly lit Shoney's at shone on tha choco-latey corners an' creamy scoop a' vanilla sandwiched in between, or if'n it was really ma Hot Fudge Ice Cream cake. One thang was as certain as ol' Beulah's hair dragging on that thar floor, I found love at tha Shoney's!

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/5/16 7:42 am

Post bonnie knox
An at cherry settin right on top was a gleamin like a ruby in a shaft of sunlight.
My ticker was a speedin up an I felt my mouth go ta waterin. I licked ma lips an stammered, "Ma'am, I might need some extree napkins."
I noticed the chocolate an ice cream comin down two corners in little rivulets while Kenny and Dolly was a sangin over the radio "Islands in the Stream."
Right at that moment life was perfect.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/16 8:32 am

Post bonnie knox
Well, back to the OP before we get too carried away...
I believe that spirits can have physical manifestations, for example, the angel that released Peter from prison.
Also, it seems that it might be possible to see a spirit with spiritual vision rather than physical vision as in the case of Elisha's servant having his "eyes opened."
2 Kings 6:16-18
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/16 8:47 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic