Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Rod Parsley Should Never Have Spoken at General Assembly

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Rod Parsley Should Never Have Spoken at General Assembly Old Time Country Preacher
The year he spoke, word was, one a the five committee members invited him to speak. The other four wasn't in favor of it, but so the one committee member who had invited Parsley would not be embarrassed, Parsley was allowed to preach.

Course, the ole timer was not on the executive committee at that time an cannot validate the word on the street. But, all I can do is what I can do. But I can shore nuff guarantee ya he would not preach at OTCT (Old Time Country Tabernacle). Nope, no woffie would preach at OTCT. No COG woffie. No AG woffie. No indy woffie. Even a repentant woffie would have to have 5 years of clean livin, right preachin, an pure doctrine for the ole timer would even consider the feller.
Acts-pert Poster
12/16/15 5:54 pm

Post Were you there JLarry
If so why?

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/16/15 6:11 pm

Post JLarry
BTW, I was there. Don't remember much about the sermon.

As I remember it was a typical Camp Meeting style sermon.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/16/15 6:13 pm

Post hmmmm wayne
Not sure why our COG leadership would allow someone like this to speak at any of our conferences. Acts Enthusiast
12/17/15 11:18 am

Post Re: hmmmm bigdubbz
wayne wrote:
Not sure why our COG leadership would allow someone like this to speak at any of our conferences.

You're right - why would the COG leadership want the GA to hear from any other Kingdom leader outside of the CoG...what a ridiculous notion
Friendly Face
12/17/15 12:01 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
In the 1990s, Rod Parsley was definitely a rising star in the Pentecostal firmament. I'd say Rod was bigger than Jakes before Jakes got real big. The CoG also had Jakes scheduled to speak at the General Assembly in the late 1990s. The attraction to these big-name independent preachers is interesting, to say the least.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 12/17/15 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/17/15 12:12 pm

Post Re: hmmmm wayne
bigdubbz wrote:
wayne wrote:
Not sure why our COG leadership would allow someone like this to speak at any of our conferences.

You're right - why would the COG leadership want the GA to hear from any other Kingdom leader outside of the CoG...what a ridiculous notion

bigbubbz,
Not sure the intent of your response but the intent of my response is not directed at "any other kingdom leader outside the CoG", it's simply directed at any person whose main message is money, money, money, name it and claim it and pay for your healings. This type of preaching is false and in no way does it line up with the teachings of Christ.

I at one time liked to hear Rod preach but then something changed.
Acts Enthusiast
12/17/15 12:28 pm

Post Re: hmmmm Old Time Country Preacher
bigdubbz wrote:
why would the COG leadership want the GA to hear from any other Kingdom leader outside of the CoG...what a ridiculous notion

I understand your sarcasm, Dubbz, as a matter a fact, hey, the ole timer uses is quite often. My question here, is if when you say "Kingdom leader," which kingdom are ya referencing?

If you mean a "kingdom leader in men's kingdoms of god on earth," well, then I understand why ya would use at descriptive in relation to Rod.

If you mean a "Kingdom leader in the Kingdom of God," what has at got to do with Rod?
Acts-pert Poster
12/17/15 2:38 pm

Post Re: hmmmm Old Time Country Preacher
wayne wrote:
bigbubbz,
Not sure the intent of your response but the intent of my response is not directed at "any other kingdom leader outside the CoG", it's simply directed at any person whose main message is money, money, money, name it and claim it and pay for your healings. This type of preaching is false and in no way does it line up with the teachings of Christ.

Yep...
Acts-pert Poster
12/17/15 2:40 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I enjoyed Ravi Zacharias. I didn't enjoy Rod Parsley or Franklin Graham. It's a moot point though. It's my opinion that we don't need outsiders. I get the the idea of drawing a crowd from the locals to help fund the assembly.

Just invite COG guys to preach.
Acts-pert Poster
12/17/15 2:54 pm

Post Re: hmmmm bradfreeman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
bigdubbz wrote:
why would the COG leadership want the GA to hear from any other Kingdom leader outside of the CoG...what a ridiculous notion

I understand your sarcasm, Dubbz, as a matter a fact, hey, the ole timer uses is quite often. My question here, is if when you say "Kingdom leader," which kingdom are ya referencing?

If you mean a "kingdom leader in men's kingdoms of god on earth," well, then I understand why ya would use at descriptive in relation to Rod.

If you mean a "Kingdom leader in the Kingdom of God," what has at got to do with Rod?

What is the purpose of this post?

Are you just criticizing the decision, about decade after the fact, to learn more about who made those decisions?

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

...every single one.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
12/18/15 6:55 am

Post Carolyn Smith
This happened almost 20 years ago. Why in the world post about it now?

I was there in the service & it was a good service, as I recall. I haven't watched Rod Parsley in years, but he did then identify more as a Pentecostal than a Charismatic preacher. His ministry has also seen many, many miraculous healings take place in an era where few have.

That said, I don't understand their bringing in people outside the COG. They have more than enough qualified men with name recognition and many more who do not that are excellent.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/18/15 8:05 am

Post RE: Wayne/OTCP bigdubbz
The reason for my sarcasm is that this entire post seems to, for some reason want to disparage Rod Parsely, for no reason, except you disagree with one small aspect of his preaching...

This is just my opinion, but Parsely is not in the same class as far as WoF theology like Copeland, Dollar, etc...

I don't listen to him often anymore, and I don't necessarily care for many of the cheesy pleas for money, but then again, I don't have the light bill, or mortgage payment he does on his ministry either...If I did, I'd prob get more comfortable asking for donations real quick - and you probably would too...

Like Carolyn said, the man has seen many verified miracles over his time in ministry, and he's been in the public spotlight for decades without any real major scandals, has watched God heal hundreds of people in meetings while going home to an autistic son and has never backed down from boldly declaring Christ is our healer, despite the natural circumstances and ease it would've been to change God's Word to line up with his circumstance, and the attitude that he's not qualified to speak at a CoG assembly is really asinine...

BTW - he uses the same scriptures about giving that nearly every other CoG preacher/state overseer/general official uses to take up the offering and the methods are no different than any other state/int'l offering plea...
Friendly Face
12/18/15 10:47 am

Post wayne
bigdubbz:

I pastor a church and have a big light bill and other expenses, maybe not to the degree as Rod but none the less. We rely on the members to support the church and never do we beg for money - my philosophy is, if God wants it He will tell me or someone else and then He will move or move on people to make it happen. I have a deep dislike for preachers who are always begging for money - even if they are CoG preachers or leaders(I have been very vocal about some of our leaders and their incessant plea for money).

I think my strong feelings on this topic is because I have watched my family be taken in by people like this. I have watched my family classify all churches and preachers in the same category as people like this and as a result turn their backs completely on God and the church. I know it is their decision to leave but these preachers do have blood on their hands.

In regards to miracles, most pastors have witnessed numerous miracles as a result of the ministry God has given them the only difference is, they don't exploit it and take credit for what God has done.

I have no animosity toward you or anyone but when I read this post - my thoughts got the best of me(good job provoking OTCP).

Blessings and Merry Christmas!
Acts Enthusiast
12/18/15 12:26 pm

Post Rod Parsley John Hughes
Preached well and the folks at the Assembly responded well. Rod also gave a considerable amount of money to COG missions that night as I recall. Just recently Rod has had a bout with throat Cancer and is now cancer free. I'm not sure why Rod is being discussed in a negative light but there are not many who have had the impact of Rod Parsley for good and the Kingdom of God. Now I know some will doubt that he is in the Kingdom of God because of their Church of God is right belief system but I'll let the Good Lord sort that out.
12/19/15 10:41 pm

Post COG Leadership Change Agent
COG leadership invites Parsley and others so that they will get invited to gatherings that they host. COG Leadership does not view getting invited to a WOF gathering the same as OTCP. COG Leadership is hospitable. One of our recent GO stated he was encouraging pastors to accept invitations outside the COG camp. Rejecting invitations outside the camp of COG may get you called an occult.

Not often I take up for COG leadership. Laughing
Acts Enthusiast
12/21/15 7:45 pm

Post Re: COG Leadership Carolyn Smith
Change Agent wrote:
COG leadership invites Parsley and others so that they will get invited to gatherings that they host. COG Leadership does not view getting invited to a WOF gathering the same as OTCP. COG Leadership is hospitable. One of our recent GO stated he was encouraging pastors to accept invitations outside the COG camp. Rejecting invitations outside the camp of COG may get you called an occult.

Not often I take up for COG leadership. Laughing

Perhaps they also invite them to get COG preachers to actually attend the services rather than see the sites in whatever town the GA is. Some ministers don't miss a service, while others try to balance vacation/family time with church responsibilities.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/21/15 11:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic