Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is Perry Noble from a CoG Background?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is Perry Noble from a CoG Background? Quiet Wyatt
I seem to recall several years ago someone in this forum (possibly Mr. Noble himself) saying he had a CoG background. Can anyone here confirm this? Thanks.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 12/17/15 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/17/15 8:06 am

Post bonnie knox
I haven't heard that. I believe he attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and I only know of his Baptist background.

I once got the names Perry Noble and Perry Stone confused in my mind when I was reading something on Acts about Perry Noble.

Sorry I couldn't be more definitive.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/17/15 8:32 am

Post Perry Noble... Aaron Scott
Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong guy, but it seems there was some guy named "Noble" at Forward in Faith Studios some years ago. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/17/15 10:57 am

Post sheepdogandy
That seems right to me too.

Maybe his name was Jerry Noble.

He had a son who produced some stuff at Forward in Faith.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/17/15 1:23 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Listening to his testimony online just now, it would have most likely been in his childhood that he was CoG if he was. Some of the comments he made about his experiences in church growing up sounded very much like a Pentecostal church. Then when his mother died of cancer at age 12, he turned his back on God and hated God until he was converted at age 18 in a Southern Baptist Church.

What I'm not sure of yet (because I haven't heard him talk about it in the sermons I've heard or in blogs by or interviews of him) is whether he has always been Southern Baptist since his conversion in high school.

I did notice one article that sounded as if Noble's church had been disfellowshipped by the South Carolina Baptist Convention last January. So I guess Noble and his church are probably nondenominational now.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/17/15 1:58 pm

Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

I did notice one article that sounded as if Noble's church had been disfellowshipped by the South Carolina Baptist Convention last January. So I guess Noble and his church are probably nondenominational now.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/megachurch-pastor-perry-noble-rebuked-by-southern-baptists-for-calling-10-commandments-10-promises-132967/

He was rebuked for calling the 10 Commandments "the 10 promises"
http://www.christianpost.com/news/megachurch-pastor-perry-noble-rebuked-by-southern-baptists-for-calling-10-commandments-10-promises-132967/
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/18/15 8:19 am

Post Eduardo Nieves
QW,
This church is in my hometown. From what I understand is that he attended Anderson University, a SB affiliated school, and began his church on the campus of the school. I visited them when they were on the university campus to observe how they used volunteers. It was impressive to see how well organized they were.

Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Listening to his testimony online just now, it would have most likely been in his childhood that he was CoG if he was. Some of the comments he made about his experiences in church growing up sounded very much like a Pentecostal church. Then when his mother died of cancer at age 12, he turned his back on God and hated God until he was converted at age 18 in a Southern Baptist Church.

What I'm not sure of yet (because I haven't heard him talk about it in the sermons I've heard or in blogs by or interviews of him) is whether he has always been Southern Baptist since his conversion in high school.

Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/18/15 9:49 am

Post Jerry Noble John Hughes
worked with Carl Richardson and Forward in Faith. He was also an evangelist in his early ministry and also worked with Gary Sears in Cleveland.
12/19/15 10:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic