Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Yes, Jesus went to hell.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt... Aaron Scott
No, it would not be illogical to believe that Jesus experienced what we believe would have happened to US.

That is, we deserved death, so He died.

It is absolutely reasonable to believe that if we deserved Hell...then Jesus...well, you know.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it's reasonable. This is NOT out of thin air...there is some basis for a person seeing it this way, even if they are wrong.

And, please, why in the WORLD would this be thought of as more blasphemous than, say, that Jesus was NOT the Son of God. This is a difference of scriptural interpretation that, as with many such things, clearly means that the other side is hell-bound and of the devil. I don't see it that way, even though I don't agree with the Kenyon take on this.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/15/15 10:50 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Our spirits can't be killed, either.

1 Pet. 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison,

It is blasphemy to say that the Spirit of the living God, the very source of all LIFE, could die.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/15/15 1:44 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt... Aaron Scott
Then, if you are right, it is pretty much blasphemy--a word I think you are using too loosely--to hold ANY view that you think is contrary to the scripture.

That means that OSAS is blasphemy (at least for you and I).

It means that cessation is blasphemy, etc.

Let's just say that if someone believes that Jesus' spirit could die, but they hold it in good faith, believing in Jesus, that it's an ERROR, but it is NOT blasphemy. Blasphemy has to connotation of purposely saying something against God, etc.

Again, the question arises: If Jesus was to serve as a substitutionary death, but only died PHYSICALLY, does that mean that WE were ONLY going to die PHYSICALLY, and nothing more? I have always believed that there would be more to it if you died in sin.

I do NOT believe that Jesus' spirit died. But does that mean that He did not die spiritually? That is, a person's can still have a living spirit...but be DEAD spiritually, if you know what I mean. Did Jesus encounter that?

Further, as I mentioned before, if Jesus death saves us from dying for our sins...and by His stripes we are healed...is it possible there are other things that were done for us?

IN ANY CASE, it is NOT a heaven or hell issue. There are no doubt many folks who believe this in error...yet are saved. To assign it as blasphemy is to go well beyond what should be said of fellow brothers and sisters. To say it is ERROR is perfectly acceptable. To say that it is blasphemy is to read into it the assumed intentions of others.
12/15/15 2:45 pm

Post Poimen
If Jesus had to suffer in Hell then His sacrificial death on the cross was insufficient.

Furthermore, if Jesus had to suffer in Hell like us to save us then He would need to suffer eternally, and then the resurrection would also be invalidated.

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
12/15/15 6:38 pm

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Poimen... Aaron Scott
I can certainly agree with that. But the point, to me, is that that is not a completely outrageous claim to for the other side to make.

They could just as easily claim that "What He has not suffered, He has not saved."

And as for the thing about "having to suffer in hell eternally," I don't think that would follow. After all, the REST OF US, when we die, stay dead for more than three days, yet we don't hold that against Him. (SMILE)
12/15/15 9:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic