Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The Christmas Story - Death, mayhem, fear

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The Christmas Story - Death, mayhem, fear Nature Boy Florida
Quote:
Matthew 2:9 After this interview the wise men went their way. And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were filled with joy! 11 They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

12 When it was time to leave, they returned to their own country by another route, for God had warned them in a dream not to return to Herod.

The Escape to Egypt
13 After the wise men were gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up! Flee to Egypt with the child and his mother,” the angel said. “Stay there until I tell you to return, because Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.

14 That night Joseph left for Egypt with the child and Mary, his mother, 15 and they stayed there until Herod’s death. This fulfilled what the Lord had spoken through the prophet: “I called my Son out of Egypt.”[e]

16 Herod was furious when he realized that the wise men had outwitted him. He sent soldiers to kill all the boys in and around Bethlehem who were two years old and under, based on the wise men’s report of the star’s first appearance. 17 Herod’s brutal action fulfilled what God had spoken through the prophet Jeremiah:

18 “A cry was heard in Ramah—
weeping and great mourning.
Rachel weeps for her children,
refusing to be comforted,
for they are dead.”[f]

God came to bring Peace on Earth - and the direct result was a lot of babies under the age of two were murdered...Everybody running for their lives...

I don't see any peace...

Why?
12/13/15 2:03 pm

Post bonnie knox
the free will of the evil dictator Herod [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/13/15 2:08 pm

Post c6thplayer1
King James Bible
Mat 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/13/15 3:40 pm

Post Nick Park
Tonight I was in a Carol Service in an inner-city slum. Last week the same church was raided by a masked raider with a sawn-off shotgun who held the gun to the pastor's head, forced the people to lie on the floor, and robbed them. Many of the congregants were junkies and homeless people. Tonight the mayhem and violence in the Christmas story resonated powerfully with them, helping them see how Jesus was relevant to their own lives.

I find it interesting that Herod was an Edomite. His insane violence was a continuation of a grudge against the Israelites that went back to Jacob and Esau.

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
12/13/15 5:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic