Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Your thoughts: Was there death in the Garden of Eden before Adam and Even sinned?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Your thoughts: Was there death in the Garden of Eden before Adam and Even sinned? Aaron Scott
The Sunday School teacher this past Sunday said that there must have been death...otherwise why have a tree of life? People were only designed to live to, it seems, around 900 or so years, the teacher claimed, and would have to have eaten of the Tree of Life. He is speaking physical death here.

Also, he claims that Adam/Eve lived in the Garden about a 100 years, since they had kids after the Garden, and that was when they were over 100.

Thoughts?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/7/15 8:55 pm

Post Cojak
I like a person with an imagination. Since it really doesn't make much difference, it doesn't hurt to speculate I guess. To quote Ms HIllary, What difference does it make now?

But personally I do not think it fits that there would have been human death before Adam, and I sorta like to think Adam & Eve would have had no limit on their life.
Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/7/15 9:08 pm

Post Poimen
Romans 5:12 -- Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
12/8/15 12:05 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Poimen/Tom... Aaron Scott
That's the verse I used when I questioned it.

But the teacher seemed to think of that as a spiritual death. And again, WHY have a Tree of Life in the Garden if you already live forever?
12/8/15 7:52 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
See BlessedINMSTN version of what the Tree of Life ACTUALLY was.

Guarantee that will shake things up.
12/8/15 8:00 am

Post Specualtion JLarry
I have been guilty of teaching speculation. But the truth is we should stick to the facts of the Word.

Nothing wrong with discussing one's thought as long as we let folks know these are our thoughts and not necessarily fact.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/8/15 10:14 am

Post UncleJD
Poimen wrote:
Romans 5:12 -- Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/8/15 11:08 am

Post Uncle JD... Aaron Scott
I think the point could be better clarified by saying that the teacher believed that a person/animal was designed to EVENTUALLY die unless, apparently, they ate of the Tree of Life.

That is, his argument would not be so much that animals had already died...but that they would have eventually, had they not eaten of the tree...hence the reason for the tree.

What say you?
12/8/15 11:15 am

Post Re: Uncle JD... UncleJD
Aaron Scott wrote:
I think the point could be better clarified by saying that the teacher believed that a person/animal was designed to EVENTUALLY die unless, apparently, they ate of the Tree of Life.

That is, his argument would not be so much that animals had already died...but that they would have eventually, had they not eaten of the tree...hence the reason for the tree.

What say you?

I find that theory much easier to swallow (pun intended), than the idea that God had to re-create and reclassify the animal kingdom into carnivore, herbivore and omnivore all of the sudden. Otherwise I'm not sure what purpose the Tree of Life served. Sin entering into the world and death as the consequence is not lessened by the removal of the Tree of Life, it is still just as valid and meaningful, Adam sinned and as a result HE (man) was no longer eligible to live eternally in the natural world.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/8/15 11:25 am

Post Gen 3:22 may provide a clue Mark Ledbetter
Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take from the tree of life, and live forever" --

From this passage we might surmise the Tree of Life perpetuated life. In Revelations 22:2 we find "the leaves of the tree of life were for the healing of the nations."

I have heard it said and read God restricted the fallen couple's access to the tol so they would not perpetually live in their fallen state, and if so such action could be viewed as an expression of God's mercy and grace.

Unless one subscribes to the "GapTheory" (Genesis 1:2), since Adam and Eve were the first humans there could be no death prior unless it occurred in the animal and/or plant kingdom.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
12/8/15 3:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic