Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Spiritual leaders meet with Trump (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Da Sheik
The comments at the bottom of all the photos were hilarious. All the African-American posters were disgusted that their brethren had met with Trump. Terrified that a Democrat wouldn't be re-elected I suppose.

My takeaway from the article is this. I'm ashamed of Dr. Jeremiah for keeping such bad company! Twisted Evil Razz Embarassed
Acts Enthusiast
10/1/15 2:43 pm

Post renewal
I am talking about praying for this man..Not anything else....

What is wrong with praying for him? That seems to be the issue here..

If, he asked you to pray for him, would you?

Sure you would and that would be the correct thing to do..

Don't we want him to go to heaven?

What is the gospel about?

Amazing as it seems some are lashing out because others are praying for him..

What spirit are you of?
Acts Enthusiast
10/1/15 4:48 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
renewal wrote:
What if he walked into your church this Sunday and asked for prayer what would you do?

I would pray and ask God to touch his life, confirm his salvation, and pray for God's will in the upcoming election.

I would preface that prayer by asking that great measure of wisdom be given to Mr.T. Then once it was given , one would be able to measure his wisdom. Until then it remains several notches below pitiful.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/1/15 5:02 pm

Post bonnie knox
renewal, I don't have an issue with someone praying for Trump. That's not the issue I have with what is happening here. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/1/15 5:03 pm

Post renewal
Bonnie, what was happening?

I saw them praying...Did you see something else?
Acts Enthusiast
10/1/15 6:02 pm

Post bonnie knox
renewal wrote:
Bonnie, what was happening?

I saw them praying...Did you see something else?

Yes, I saw something else. I saw a pastor posting a picture of himself with a presidential candidate on his facebook page, giving the impression that he might be endorsing him.
And as far as I know, Paula White is not setting up a prayer meeting for other candidates, so this appears to be a promotion of her friend Donald.
I saw some people hamming for the camera as if they were thrilled to have their picture made with Trump.
I also saw renewal being a bit naïve.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/1/15 6:48 pm

Post renewal
Bonnie, you make me lol...

You are telling me that not one person in that room was really praying?

That all of them were in the room just to be with him?

Is that what you are saying?

How do you know?
Acts Enthusiast
10/3/15 12:43 pm

Post bonnie knox
I never said that no one was praying. Where did I indicate that no one prayed? Where did I ever hint that no one prayed?
But if for one minute you think that because they prayed for Trump, that makes everything else about the situation alright, I might have underestimated your naïveté.
Oh, and I got a pretty good eye roll out of the guy who claimed that the US and Israel were the only nations "in a relationship with God."
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/15 12:52 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Ben Carson is supposed to be at Jentezen's church soon...this month, I think. Is he endorsing him, too?
10/3/15 1:50 pm

Post bonnie knox
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Ben Carson is supposed to be at Jentezen's church soon...this month, I think. Is he endorsing him, too?

I haven't heard Jentezen say who he is endorsing (if anyone), but my contention is that if you are a high profile minister, you have to know that putting a picture of yourself on your Facebook page with a candidate will appear to some as an endorsement.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/3/15 2:23 pm

Post btw, I have a sincere question brotherjames
Glenn Beck (whom I have SERIOUS issues with personally) whom I listen to infrequently but heard on Thursday by chance, seemed to indicate in not so subtle terms that many of these ministers were receiving "donations" from the Donald (Beck's word was bribes). Now, that wouldn't surprise me because of some of the people involved but has ANYONE else heard that and if so from where? I haven't seen it posted anywhere by anyone except the Becker (a modern day cassandra if there ever was one). I had a former youth pastor who left me to go work for Paula White in Orlando and he called me after 6 months (I tried to warn him) and told me some extremely sad stuff that was going on there (he quit over it). SO, IF Paula got a donation I wouldn't be a bit surprised as I said but I'd like to know if this is true. Otherwise, I intend to call Mr Beck about it. Beck hates Trump so much he'll say or do anything to discredit him. I'm certainly not endorsing Trump but there were some pastors there that I respect and would be surprised about if it were true and I don't want them disparaged unnecessarily. Acts-celerater
10/3/15 6:15 pm

Post Re: btw, I have a sincere question Carolyn Smith
brotherjames wrote:
Glenn Beck (whom I have SERIOUS issues with personally) whom I listen to infrequently but heard on Thursday by chance, seemed to indicate in not so subtle terms that many of these ministers were receiving "donations" from the Donald (Beck's word was bribes). Now, that wouldn't surprise me because of some of the people involved but has ANYONE else heard that and if so from where? I haven't seen it posted anywhere by anyone except the Becker (a modern day cassandra if there ever was one). I had a former youth pastor who left me to go work for Paula White in Orlando and he called me after 6 months (I tried to warn him) and told me some extremely sad stuff that was going on there (he quit over it). SO, IF Paula got a donation I wouldn't be a bit surprised as I said but I'd like to know if this is true. Otherwise, I intend to call Mr Beck about it. Beck hates Trump so much he'll say or do anything to discredit him. I'm certainly not endorsing Trump but there were some pastors there that I respect and would be surprised about if it were true and I don't want them disparaged unnecessarily.

So if Trump tried to give you a donation for your church, you wouldn't take it?

I've read that Trump has given to pretty much all of the other presidential candidates, including Hillary. I don't imagine churches would be much different to him. If he isn't buying votes, the money is still green & spendable & would help a good cause.
10/3/15 7:43 pm

Post My point was brotherjames
IF (and that's the issue) these ministers only went there in the hope of getting a donation that's wrong. IF they went there truly just to have an audience with Trump and to express their views and ideas and pray for the man and THEN he decided to bless their ministries, THAT would be ok. Was it the former or latter? OR were there even ANY donations given? If he was bribing them for an endorsement as Beck claims that would be a serious breach of ethics and a total lack of integrity (and a couple of these ministers give evidence of being less than men/women of integrity). If Beck was wrong, and I hope he is, I'd like to see the record set straight, wouldn't you? Acts-celerater
10/3/15 9:35 pm

Post renewal
Bonnie, who were you referring to with the statement about the only two nations?

Would you have prayed for him?

Because some may have had the wrong motive, but we cannot know any persons heart, why can 't this be taken at face value?
Acts Enthusiast
10/3/15 9:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic