Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook 

Dare you to try this

 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dare you to try this roughridercog
Next Sunday, don't use your usual praise and worship team. Use a baritone to lead in a lower key and sing all classic hymns. Use simple keyboard accompaniment with maybe a drummer.
Observe your congregation.
I'd be willing to bet that you will notice them actually singing and will actually be able to hear their voices. The reason I suggested a single baritone voice is one of the main reasons people aren't singing is because the newer songs are in higher keys and the people are overwhelmed often by the instruments. So they resign themselves to be spectators.

Try it as an experiment.
_________________
Doctor of Bovinamodulation
Acts Mod
Posts: 25221
4/5/21 12:41 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post FLRon
I was watching a Baptist service on YouTube recently that did what you are suggesting. How refreshing! And you're right, nearly everyone was singing along. I can see however that most churches would not want to do this for fear of being perceived as going backwards. I think far too many churches have succumbed to the performance mentality and don't even know it.
_________________
“No man is greater than his prayer life”.
Leonard Ravenhill
Belt Jerker
Posts: 524
4/7/21 6:43 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post roughridercog
FLRon wrote:
I was watching a Baptist service on YouTube recently that did what you are suggesting. How refreshing! And you're right, nearly everyone was singing along. I can see however that most churches would not want to do this for fear of being perceived as going backwards. I think far too many churches have succumbed to the performance mentality and don't even know it.


I hear you. That's why I made the suggestion. I bet there might even be a silver headed song leader out there who could help pull it off.

Drop it down a couple of keys. Use a singular lower voice. Use a piano or keyboard (minimum instrumentation) and watch what happens. Bet you'll see some people come alive.

Then turn the lights up so people can see to read their Bible! Ha ha
_________________
Doctor of Bovinamodulation
Acts Mod
Posts: 25221
4/7/21 6:49 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Dare you to try this Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
... The reason I suggested a single baritone voice is one of the main reasons people aren't singing is because the newer songs are in higher keys and the people are overwhelmed often by the instruments. So they resign themselves to be spectators.

Try it as an experiment.


True DAT! Cool
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 23696
4/9/21 10:25 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Dare you to try this roughridercog
Cojak wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
... The reason I suggested a single baritone voice is one of the main reasons people aren't singing is because the newer songs are in higher keys and the people are overwhelmed often by the instruments. So they resign themselves to be spectators.

Try it as an experiment.


True DAT! Cool


Many just turn off the hearing aides rather than deal with noise and distortion
_________________
Doctor of Bovinamodulation
Acts Mod
Posts: 25221
4/9/21 1:13 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post georgiapath
[quote="FLRon"]I was watching a Baptist service on YouTube recently that did what you are suggesting. How refreshing! And you're right, nearly everyone was singing along. I can see however that most churches would not want to do this for fear of being perceived as going backwards. I think far too many churches have succumbed to the performance mentality and don't even know it.[/quote

I think your right.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 7371
4/9/21 8:41 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post If someone tries this experiment, post the results roughridercog
It would make interesting reading
_________________
Doctor of Bovinamodulation
Acts Mod
Posts: 25221
Yesterday at 7:06 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Link
roughridercog wrote:
FLRon wrote:
I was watching a Baptist service on YouTube recently that did what you are suggesting. How refreshing! And you're right, nearly everyone was singing along. I can see however that most churches would not want to do this for fear of being perceived as going backwards. I think far too many churches have succumbed to the performance mentality and don't even know it.


I hear you. That's why I made the suggestion. I bet there might even be a silver headed song leader out there who could help pull it off.

Drop it down a couple of keys. Use a singular lower voice. Use a piano or keyboard (minimum instrumentation) and watch what happens. Bet you'll see some people come alive.

Then turn the lights up so people can see to read their Bible! Ha ha


But the smoke from the smog machine doesn't look as cool with the lights up. Smile
Acts-perienced Poster
Posts: 11623
Yesterday at 10:34 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.