Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook  @actscelerate Google+ 

TOUGH QUESTIONS-If civil war again comes to this nation...

 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post TOUGH QUESTIONS-If civil war again comes to this nation... roughridercog
Would you take up arms and participate.
In our nations history believers had to make such a decision.
Would you participate?

Just go with your first knee jerk reaction in your answer.
_________________
Doctor of Bovinamodulation
Acts Mod
Posts: 24930
11/23/19 7:33 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Dave Dorsey
It seems to me that the only way a true civil war could occur is if a faction of people took up arms against the lawful government of the United States. The left/right conflict some envision occurring would otherwise just be factional war between civilians.

Anyway, in the case of a true civil war in which a party took up arms against the lawful government of the United States, no, I would not participate or give any aid or comfort to anyone who did. Given that I'm not a member of the armed services I would not expect to be asked to participate by the lawful government either, but I would be glad to do anything I could to uncover or expose anyone who was fighting on the opposing side.
Now 67% friendlier!
Posts: 12980
11/23/19 7:44 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Dave Dorsey
Have been thinking about this some more. It was a good question. Smile

I was originally thinking about this in terms of two factions warring to control the country, but it's interesting to think about in the context of the original American civil war as well.

What would happen if a state voted to secede? It's hard for me to imagine a process like that turning into a civil war today. I think it would look more like Brexit. I don't think the federal government could or would want to intervene militarily, but I think they would employ all possible non-violent means to try to pressure that state back under control.

If it did happen -- like, if Maryland voted to secede (LOL) -- I think I'd just move to Pennsylvania. Laughing
Now 67% friendlier!
Posts: 12980
11/24/19 5:03 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Cojak
My knee jerk answer is NO!

But then there was that thing called thinking.... It is according to the REASON!
Say if our elected officials would amend the constitution saying NO religious services or no religious freedom except that voted on by our politicians.

But then that could be taken care of in the next election.

Reviewing the dead and maimed in our ONE UNCIVIL war, I do not wish ever to see that again and I don't think I would participate...

Not saying that as a NEVER, but If I was shown a legitimate reason anything is possible. But right off the bat NO! Crying or Very sad
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 23039
11/24/19 5:07 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Have been thinking about this some more. It was a good question. Smile

I was originally thinking about this in terms of two factions warring to control the country, but it's interesting to think about in the context of the original American civil war as well.

What would happen if a state voted to secede? It's hard for me to imagine a process like that turning into a civil war today. I think it would look more like Brexit. I don't think the federal government could or would want to intervene militarily, but I think they would employ all possible non-violent means to try to pressure that state back under control.

If it did happen -- like, if Maryland voted to secede (LOL) -- I think I'd just move to Pennsylvania. Laughing


I would not support the secession of any state not employed by a special convention of delegates chosen by the people or by direct referendum. If a state legislature tried to remove a state from the Union, I would consider that act to be invalid.
_________________
"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves UPCI
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7958
11/24/19 6:24 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I would not support the secession of any state not employed by a special convention of delegates chosen by the people or by direct referendum. If a state legislature tried to remove a state from the Union, I would consider that act to be invalid.

That sounds reasonable. If that happened I can't imagine the federal government's position toward unilateral secession would change, but it's hard to envision any kind of military force being deployed on either side today.

It's an incredibly sobering thought for sure. Confused
Now 67% friendlier!
Posts: 12980
11/24/19 6:52 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I would not support the secession of any state not employed by a special convention of delegates chosen by the people or by direct referendum. If a state legislature tried to remove a state from the Union, I would consider that act to be invalid.

That sounds reasonable. If that happened I can't imagine the federal government's position toward unilateral secession would change, but it's hard to envision any kind of military force being deployed on either side today.

It's an incredibly sobering thought for sure. :?


It is even hard to imagine a divided military, no matter how ingrained is the discipline in any of the branches. Oh yes, it is a sobering thought for sure. Shocked
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 23039
11/24/19 9:24 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Shared this idea with other friends roughridercog
They brought up an interesting fact.

The average American is committed enough to post outrage on social media, but not enough to pick up a gun and face the hardships of a civil war.

Your opinion?
_________________
Doctor of Bovinamodulation
Acts Mod
Posts: 24930
11/25/19 7:53 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shared this idea with other friends Dave Dorsey
roughridercog wrote:
The average American is committed enough to post outrage on social media, but not enough to pick up a gun and face the hardships of a civil war.

Your opinion?

That's true, and a very very good thing. It shows that even though our disagreements can be extremely intense, we all understand they do not come anywhere close to rising to the level of violent action.

It makes me think about groups like Antifa who do believe their disagreements rise to the level of violent action. I bet all of us here share the same perspective about Antifa.
Now 67% friendlier!
Posts: 12980
11/25/19 8:12 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shared this idea with other friends Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
...

It makes me think about groups like Antifa who do believe their disagreements rise to the level of violent action. I bet all of us here share the same perspective about Antifa.


True DAT! Cool
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 23039
11/25/19 11:12 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shared this idea with other friends Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
They brought up an interesting fact.

The average American is committed enough to post outrage on social media, but not enough to pick up a gun and face the hardships of a civil war.

Your opinion?


That is probably a very close to truth statement. I think more good than bad in that assumption. Cool
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 23039
11/25/19 11:15 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.