Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook  @actscelerate Google+ 

The abortion debate....

 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The abortion debate.... Eddie Robbins
With states adding laws restricting abortions, many hypothetical questions come up. Of course, most abortions are not these but what if it happens? Here’s one I just read. Someone’s 11 year old gets raped by a family member but she doesn’t tell because she’s afraid and really doesn’t understand what happened. 4 months later, the parents find out she’s pregnant and finds out it was with her brother. Are you willing to put her in prison for 30 years for having an abortion?

I know it’s hypothetical, but you have to make room for these cases.
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16229
5/15/19 2:21 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post FLRon
Sadly, there are probably far more of these situations actually happening than anyone wants to believe. Your hypothetical scenario is one that I imagine has happened many times.

What was the recourse before abortion was legalized? Was the woman/girl forced to carry and deliver the child? I can’t think of an alternative prior to Roe v. Wade. I have a distant cousin whose father was conceived via rape. In the 50’s and 60’s abortion wasn’t legal, so I assume the woman did what she had to do. Does that make it right? I cannot answer that.

The danger of permitting “exceptions” is that it’s still abortion, it’s still terminating the life of the unborn. How do we justify such a thing? Are there situations when two wrongs do make one right?

I do not know the answers. What I do know is that sin abounds, and because of it people are making choices that they were never intended to make. To answer your direct question, my conscious would not allow me to send a woman to prison for 30 years because she had an abortion. I would hope that mercy and compassion would be considered in such cases.
_________________
“No man is greater than his prayer life”.
Leonard Ravenhill
Friendly Face
Posts: 371
5/15/19 2:45 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: The abortion debate.... UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
With states adding laws restricting abortions, many hypothetical questions come up. Of course, most abortions are not these but what if it happens? Here’s one I just read. Someone’s 11 year old gets raped by a family member but she doesn’t tell because she’s afraid and really doesn’t understand what happened. 4 months later, the parents find out she’s pregnant and finds out it was with her brother. Are you willing to put her in prison for 30 years for having an abortion?

I know it’s hypothetical, but you have to make room for these cases.


Of course not, but I'm willing to put the abortionist to death for doing it. She's a juvenile so she wouldn't be punished even if there were such punishments for the woman. I'm really iffy on what the punishment should be for the woman, and I think her age would certainly be a mitigating factor. Now if carrying a baby to term would be lethal for an 11 year old (I'm not sure on that), then it would fall under the "life of the mother" clause. Otherwise, say it was a 14 year old, then the abortionist and if the parents were complicit, then I think both should be charged.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2505
5/15/19 3:10 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: The abortion debate.... Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
With states adding laws restricting abortions, many hypothetical questions come up. Of course, most abortions are not these but what if it happens? Here’s one I just read. Someone’s 11 year old gets raped by a family member but she doesn’t tell because she’s afraid and really doesn’t understand what happened. 4 months later, the parents find out she’s pregnant and finds out it was with her brother. Are you willing to put her in prison for 30 years for having an abortion?

I know it’s hypothetical, but you have to make room for these cases.


Does the law say 11 year olds go to prison for 30 years? I haven't seen that one.
_________________
Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today!
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16143
5/15/19 5:03 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: The abortion debate.... Eddie Robbins
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
With states adding laws restricting abortions, many hypothetical questions come up. Of course, most abortions are not these but what if it happens? Here’s one I just read. Someone’s 11 year old gets raped by a family member but she doesn’t tell because she’s afraid and really doesn’t understand what happened. 4 months later, the parents find out she’s pregnant and finds out it was with her brother. Are you willing to put her in prison for 30 years for having an abortion?

I know it’s hypothetical, but you have to make room for these cases.


Does the law say 11 year olds go to prison for 30 years? I haven't seen that one.


No, it was hypothetical. I guess it depends on what a judge says.
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16229
5/15/19 9:34 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: The abortion debate.... Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
With states adding laws restricting abortions, many hypothetical questions come up. Of course, most abortions are not these but what if it happens? Here’s one I just read. Someone’s 11 year old gets raped by a family member but she doesn’t tell because she’s afraid and really doesn’t understand what happened. 4 months later, the parents find out she’s pregnant and finds out it was with her brother. Are you willing to put her in prison for 30 years for having an abortion?

I know it’s hypothetical, but you have to make room for these cases.


Does the law say 11 year olds go to prison for 30 years? I haven't seen that one.


No, it was hypothetical. I guess it depends on what a judge says.


No, it will depend on what he law says.

It doesn't say that. The one I saw says it is a misdemeanor for the lady getting one. If she is 11, I am sure it will be less. Of course, somebody needs to be going to jail if an 11 year old is pregnant.

That said - that law should have had an exception for rape or incest...but with the morning after pill available for most rapes - I am not sure it would come into play very much anyway.
_________________
Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today!
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16143
5/16/19 7:01 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
I didn’t know that the law carried out sentences. I think it would be good if they did. Maybe Jim Bakker doesn’t get 30 years and a rapist 7. Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16229
5/16/19 7:19 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
https://www.newsweek.com/pat-robertson-alabama-abortion-bill-1426672 Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16229
5/16/19 7:23 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
https://www.newsweek.com/pat-robertson-alabama-abortion-bill-1426672 Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16229
5/16/19 7:24 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: The abortion debate.... UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:


That said - that law should have had an exception for rape or incest...but with the morning after pill available for most rapes - I am not sure it would come into play very much anyway.


I for one am glad to see consistency in the law. If you believe that a baby conceived in a crime is worthy of death, then you can't convince the other side that you really believe that all baby's lives are sacred.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2505
5/16/19 8:06 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
The governor of Alabama said:

No matter one’s personal view on abortion, we can all recognize that, at least for the short term, this bill may similarly be unenforceable. As citizens of this great country, we must always respect the authority of the U.S. Supreme Court even when we disagree with their decisions. Many Americans, myself included, disagreed when Roe v. Wade was handed down in 1973. The sponsors of this bill believe that it is time, once again, for the U.S. Supreme Court to revisit this important matter, and they believe this act may bring about the best opportunity for this to occur.


Now, we know the real motive behind the law. To bring it back to the Supreme Court. This is a waste of time and tax dollars. They will never overturn Roe v Wade.
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16229
5/16/19 8:15 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
The governor of Alabama said:

No matter one’s personal view on abortion, we can all recognize that, at least for the short term, this bill may similarly be unenforceable. As citizens of this great country, we must always respect the authority of the U.S. Supreme Court even when we disagree with their decisions. Many Americans, myself included, disagreed when Roe v. Wade was handed down in 1973. The sponsors of this bill believe that it is time, once again, for the U.S. Supreme Court to revisit this important matter, and they believe this act may bring about the best opportunity for this to occur.


Now, we know the real motive behind the law. To bring it back to the Supreme Court. This is a waste of time and tax dollars. They will never overturn Roe v Wade.


I hope you're wrong Eddie, but you're probably right. I long for the day when a state legislature agrees to nullify and ignore the courts. Murder is a state law in every single state, its a known and provable fact and we need to see the day when the states take back their rights from an overreaching court system, especially in something as important as the sanctity of life.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2505
5/16/19 8:23 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Resident Skeptic
Eddie Robbins wrote:
The governor of Alabama said:

No matter one’s personal view on abortion, we can all recognize that, at least for the short term, this bill may similarly be unenforceable. As citizens of this great country, we must always respect the authority of the U.S. Supreme Court even when we disagree with their decisions. Many Americans, myself included, disagreed when Roe v. Wade was handed down in 1973. The sponsors of this bill believe that it is time, once again, for the U.S. Supreme Court to revisit this important matter, and they believe this act may bring about the best opportunity for this to occur.


Now, we know the real motive behind the law. To bring it back to the Supreme Court. This is a waste of time and tax dollars. They will never overturn Roe v Wade.


Why didn't the states call a convention back then to overturn this unconstitutional SCOTUS decree? The states are asleep. Bu at least some are fighting back.
_________________
"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves UPCI
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7732
5/16/19 8:45 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I didn’t know that the law carried out sentences. I think it would be good if they did. Maybe Jim Bakker doesn’t get 30 years and a rapist 7.


The law is what sentences are based on. It isn't in there to put women in prison for 30 years for having an abortion. All I asked was that you show me where it says that.

All you got was Pat (The storm came here because of gays) Robertson.

Perhaps someone can get you to Ocasio-Cortez's website so you can get some more material.
_________________
Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today!
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16143
5/16/19 8:54 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
...
Now, we know the real motive behind the law. To bring it back to the Supreme Court. This is a waste of time and tax dollars. They will never overturn Roe v Wade.


I agree with you here. It will never happen. Crying or Very sad
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 22555
5/16/19 8:53 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post If it goes to the SCOTUS, it will be 5-4 to keep abortion caseyleejones
in place and interpreted like gay marriage as a constitutional right.....thought the constitution does not address it.... Acts-perienced Poster
Posts: 11382
5/19/19 10:17 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post diakoneo
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I didn’t know that the law carried out sentences. I think it would be good if they did. Maybe Jim Bakker doesn’t get 30 years and a rapist 7.


The law is what sentences are based on. It isn't in there to put women in prison for 30 years for having an abortion. All I asked was that you show me where it says that.

All you got was Pat (The storm came here because of gays) Robertson.

Perhaps someone can get you to Ocasio-Cortez's website so you can get some more material.


Only the abortionist gets jail time.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
Posts: 3271
5/19/19 10:26 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Question, is it safe to say the legality of abortion is based off technology and caseyleejones
Knowledge almost 50 years ago? That is my understanding. Help? Acts-perienced Poster
Posts: 11382
5/19/19 11:11 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Question, is it safe to say the legality of abortion is based off technology and Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
Knowledge almost 50 years ago? That is my understanding. Help?

That's correct. The point of viability (which was dramatically later in pregnancy than it is now, due to advances in medical care) was a big part of both Casey and Roe.
Now 67% friendlier!
Posts: 12434
5/19/19 12:26 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.