Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

You can't be a Christian and...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post You can't be a Christian and... Nature Boy Florida
Isn't it funny that the same people that think everyone was Pharisees for having prohibitions about drinking, dancing, filthy movies, etc...
are the first guys to question your Christianity about who you vote for in the Presidential election.

I guess that "liberty" that speak of when doing the things they want only applies to things they approve of.

Pathetic.

Twisted Evil
2/24/16 7:31 am

Post c6thplayer1
I have to laugh at some of those condeming a person for this. COG is bad about this. It's just something that they have to over come Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/24/16 9:31 am

Post Brandon Bohannon
Honest question: where are these threads that are condemning and Pharisee in nature? I've missed them somewhere.

Is this sarcasm? Trolling? Sincere question.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/24/16 9:53 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Brandon Bohannon wrote:
Honest question: where are these threads that are condemning and Pharisee in nature? I've missed them somewhere.

You aren't looking very hard then.
They are interspersed.
Folks are ashamed of Christians, embarrassed by Christians, how are Christians this dumb, how do they not care...and also check links provided where "This Christian could never vote for Trump...", we are under strong delusion, etc...
All because we might vote for a different guy than their selection.

And Facebook is a lot worse. At least most folks on this board have some intelligence...the Facebook stuff is over the top. There is a former poster of Acts who is only found on facebook now that posts over the top stuff every few hours and then argues with anyone that doesn't pat him on the back for how wise he is.
2/24/16 10:24 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
At least most folks on this board have some intelligence...

People can pretend to be someone they are not on the internet, so I have to wonder if it's artificial intelligence. Twisted Evil
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/24/16 11:03 am

Post UncleJD
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
At least most folks on this board have some intelligence...

People can pretend to be someone they are not on the internet, so I have to wonder if it's artificial intelligence. Twisted Evil

Any intelligence, natural or artificial, is better than what I usually see on the Internet
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/24/16 11:07 am

Post Brandon Bohannon
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Brandon Bohannon wrote:

You aren't looking very hard then.
They are interspersed.
Folks are ashamed of Christians, embarrassed by Christians, how are Christians this dumb, how do they not care...and also check links provided where "This Christian could never vote for Trump...", we are under strong delusion, etc...
All because we might vote for a different guy than their selection.

And Facebook is a lot worse. At least most folks on this board have some intelligence...the Facebook stuff is over the top. There is a former poster of Acts who is only found on facebook now that posts over the top stuff every few hours and then argues with anyone that doesn't pat him on the back for how wise he is.
Fair enough.

I do have some questions about why support X but not Y... stuff like that, but ultimately we all have the right to support whomever we want to.

I have always been a conservative and thus I've mainly voted Republican for 22 years. I remember that CR Spain's wife, Dorthy or Dorothy was a Democrat. As a young teen I was amazed and curious how a Christian could be a Democrat?! Smile

I served as a youth pastor in the Atlanta area from 2003 to 2010. Before that, I served as a youth pastor in New Jersey from 2002 to 2003 and volunteered before that. I met many Christians who identified as Democrats, again, my mind was blown!

Truthfully, I am a little surprised with how things are shaping up now, but I am not fearful or hysterical. God is still on His throne.

Just curious. While you are here: honest question and no campaign generalizations, I truly want to know. You live in Florida, correct? What are the real problems with Marco Rubio?

I live in Texas. My real issues with Ted Cruz are that 1) I think he is dishonest and 2) I think he will be a lame duck with congress. That withstanding, I'd vote for him if he were to win the nominee.

What are Rubio's real issues from a Florida point of view?
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/24/16 11:27 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
He ran as tea party. Said he was going to stop illegal immigration. Never attended votes. When he did...votes for amnesty with democrats. You can not believe a word he says. He is a child...easily led astray...the epitome of evryrhing wrong with the republican party.

Other than that.,.he is a great guy.

Last edited by Nature Boy Florida on 2/24/16 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
2/24/16 12:08 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
He ran as tea party. Said he was going to stop illegal immigration. Never attended votes. When he did...votes for amnesty with democrats. You can not believe a word he says. He is a child...easily led astray...the epitome of evryrhing wrong with the two. Party.

BINGO!!

When he defeated Charlie Crist in the GOP primary, that really ticked off the GOP establishment. Thus they had to reel him in.
2/24/16 12:37 pm

Post krista
Brandon Bohannon wrote:

I've been called a Pharisee many times on Acts.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
2/24/16 4:38 pm

Post c6thplayer1
krista wrote:
Brandon Bohannon wrote:

I've been called a Pharisee many times on Acts.

at times it might have worse than that Krista.. Laughing
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/24/16 5:34 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Resident Skeptic wrote:
He ran as tea party. Said he was going to stop illegal immigration. Never attended votes. When he did...votes for amnesty with democrats. You can not believe a word he says. He is a child...easily led astray...the epitome of evryrhing wrong with the two. Party.

BINGO!!

When he defeated Charlie Crist in the GOP primary, that really ticked off the GOP establishment. Thus they had to reel him in.

I don't think it ticked them off - Charlie had already lost all of us by his wishy-washedness.

However, Rubio is a Charlie clone - saying whatever to get elected.
2/24/16 5:58 pm

Post Cojak
I can remember when you could not be a Christian and vote for a Catholic. My wife was speaking to a lady once and my wife expressed her opinion, the next thing out of the ladies mouth was, "And you call yourself a Christian."

There are so many things that we look at someone and say (or think), 'How can you be a Christian and do that."

How can you be a Christian and get half naked on the beach?

How can you be a Christian and sell realestate?

How can you be a Christian and do business with a concern that sells liquor?

The list does not stop........ WE love lists.......

Yes, I know, I really do not understand! (If you think that, you might be right for both of us!)
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/24/16 11:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic