Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

OTCP - DOCTOR MLK - was it legit (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post OTCP - DOCTOR MLK - was it legit (L) Nature Boy Florida
I haven't seen you pontificate on his worthiness yet...
1/19/16 3:26 pm

Post Re: OTCP - DOCTOR MLK - was it legit (L) Old Time Country Preacher
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I haven't seen you pontificate on his worthiness yet...

If "worthiness" is what you've been looking for in my posts regarding docterates, you done been lookin fer the wrong thing. The ole timer is not lookin fer worthiness in anybody. As a Christian, a fellers "worthiness" comes from Christ.

I can tell ya what constitutes a legitimately earned docterate, an what smacks of a worthless millish speepskin.

Now in the case of MLKJr, he earned a docterate. And while I haven't researched it personally, from everything I've read, it was discovered post-mortem, that he had heavily plagiarized his dissertation. This is unethical, and often results in revoking the degree. However, MLKJr was already dead when it was discovered. Nevertheless, there are many within academic circles who believe the docterate should have been revoked post-mortem, and that the only reason it wasn't is because of the status he had attained as a civil rights martyr.

Was his docterate legit?

Is a plagiarized dissertation considered legit?

Now, I don't know this to be the case, but if you're asking the ole timer "Did MLKJr deserve a docterate just for his civil rights activity?" --- Absolutely Not!!!!!!

As I said, I did not research his dissertation myself, but if it was indeed plagiarized, his own unethical activity of plagiarism would forfeit the docterate.

BTW, thanks fer askin...........
Acts-pert Poster
1/19/16 4:43 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Where did he get his doctorate?

Was the school accredited when he received it?
If it wasn't - does plagiarism even matter?

Also...Surely all doctoral research from 50+ years ago could be researched easily for plagiarism now - I wonder why they are not?
Did they only research the plagiarism because he was black - just as they only bugged his hotel room because he was black?
1/19/16 5:38 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Where did he get his doctorate?

Was the school accredited when he received it?
If it wasn't - does plagiarism even matter?

Also...Surely all doctoral research from 50+ years ago could be researched easily for plagiarism now - I wonder why they are not?
Did they only research the plagiarism because he was black - just as they only bugged his hotel room because he was black?

Why are all the files and tapes on him sealed?
1/19/16 9:03 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/11/us/boston-u-panel-finds-plagiarism-by-dr-king.html
1/19/16 9:04 pm

Post I watched the movie Selma last night: Mark Ledbetter
and I found it disturbing.

I am sure some artistic license was employed in the portrayal of LBJ and George Wallace and others, but nevertheless, the senseless brutality made me fume. How can anyone be so cruel?

Excerpts from MLK's speeches were remarkable. He certainly had command of a vocabulary and a persuasive style.

He, nor his wife, were portrayed as saints or martyrs.

Did he earn his doctorate? Doesn't matter to me and it won't amount to a hill of beans to any of us 100 years from now.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
1/20/16 8:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic