Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is it OK to receive donations from illegal drug sources?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is it OK to receive donations from illegal drug sources? doyle
For decades, maybe still happening, the COG (and other Pentecostal groups), while preaching hell-hot against smoking, received tithes and offerings from people who raised tobacco. They could not smoke it, could not be a member of the church if they did, but they could grow it for others to smoke.

Which raises the question: Does that philosophy carry over to the drug trade? Some say nicotine is one of the strongest drugs of all. Both tobacco and drugs can kill; one slower than the other but the end result is basically the same.

Just wondering?

Doyle
1/18/16 1:11 pm

Post Cojak
I have actually known 3 drug dealers, neither of them would be caught dead giving to a church, but did give to some who needed it. One died early, the others changed their ways one is a 'sort of preacher' lay preacher now, the other a respected business man.

But I don't think we have a problem of drug money in church. Shocked If a church gets it, I don't think the source would be known, would that be okay?
Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/18/16 1:21 pm

Post diakoneo
I was told by more than a few members that the church I pastor now would probably not exist if not for financial aid from bootleggers and moonshiners. Some of them eventually became members others did not. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/18/16 8:39 pm

Post Cojak
When my dad pastored VAldese, NC I remember a boot legger attending, I knew him, his daughter was my first girlfriend and she never knew it. I knew where his still was. I am sure he gave in the offering plate, no checks for sure.

How would it be possible to turn that down? I don't think a cheerful giver will bring an offering and say, this is money from an illegal business, will you take it. If that happens, I could see a pastor giving it some deep thought. Shocked

I just cannot see that happening.

Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/18/16 9:31 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic