Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

If it's not Trump, nothing will change

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post If it's not Trump, nothing will change doyle
I like a number of the Repubs running for Prez; Cruz, Rubio, Huckabee etc., but if Trump does not win, nothing will change. Others will dance around the edges a little bit but our country needs, badly needs someone very strong. Actually, we need a bulldog guy similar to Theodore Roosevelt; someone bold and unafraid.

As one commentator said, "I'm not sure whether I like Trump personally or not, but I sure would like to see someone like him become President."

Doyle
1/11/16 11:18 am

Post Cojak
I am sure like all presidents, if elected Trump will learn HE HAS A LOT TO LEARN and it will take a crash course. Most men who get elected, whether congress or the President, mean to do the things they campaigned on but become part of the TIDE once they get in office.
MAYBE, JUST MAYBE trump will be different. It will take some VERY GOOD advisers, especially on foreign policy. JMHO
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/11/16 11:58 am

Post UncleJD
I am STILL unsure about Trump. On one hand I agree that he may be what we need to shake things up, but on the other, I don't think he even knows what the POTUS is. He seems to know very little of the constitutional power of the position. He is constantly throwing out things he "will do on day one", which I seriously question that he would even have the power to do at all. He comes across like the kid running for class president making silly promises that aren't even part of the job.

I believe that Cruz is not only just as likely to shake things up, he is also very aware of what the office is all about, probably more so than anyone else running.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/11/16 12:24 pm

Post Trump Ed Brewer
The most powerful position on the earth is hardly a place for a lab exercise in chaos theory. Trump is no Reagan, TR or Andrew Jackson - he comes across as a tabloid narcissist with malleable character and the disposition of a mafia thug. If there's ever been a time that cries out for some semblance of voter qualification, it is now. I know that's the third rail of American politics, but the inmates are running the voting booth asylum, and our republic is being held hostage to a tsunami of sophomoric hedonism. It's time....past time... for an adult to take the reigns instead of electing a garish cartoon in hopes of flipping the script.
1/11/16 1:06 pm

Post c6thplayer1
"disposition of a mafia thug"

Ed nailed it. But the other posters are very well on target. No way he can do what he says. He has not taken into consideration the "Do Nothing Congress and House". I am sure he will use his bully pulpit to insult these thugs nationally though if he doesnt get his way. Bringing closer attention to these thugs may be what we need for starters.

I was going to speak of his manners but he has none. I do like his stance on political correctness though.

I am really disgusted with the republicans. They have been in power quite a while now and still nothing gets done other than giving the POTUS the go ahead with all of his demands.

One thing for sure we dont need a Democrat in office. Look at Illinois. they have been run by the democrats for years and now we're the worst in the nation in all categories.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/11/16 1:25 pm

Post Re: Trump UncleJD
Ed Brewer wrote:
The most powerful position on the earth is hardly a place for a lab exercise in chaos theory. Trump is no Reagan, TR or Andrew Jackson - he comes across as a tabloid narcissist with malleable character and the disposition of a mafia thug. If there's ever been a time that cries out for some semblance of voter qualification, it is now. I know that's the third rail of American politics, but the inmates are running the voting booth asylum, and our republic is being held hostage to a tsunami of sophomoric hedonism. It's time....past time... for an adult to take the reigns instead of electing a garish cartoon in hopes of flipping the script.

This is very well written Ed, but correct me if I'm misunderstanding that you are advocating the need for an establishment candidate "more than ever"?
1/11/16 1:40 pm

Post establishment candidate? Ed Brewer
I'm not even sure what an 'establishment candidate' is. What I'm saying is that we need a genuine statesman with an established record of public service who is able to drive the ship without crashing it into the shoals of his own naïve intentions. All of the labels being tossed about (by both sides, btw) are nothing more than a distraction. I'm just old enough to remember a time when a great portion of the electorate was more concerned about the candidate's character than his ability to make all the right promises. I sometimes feel like Rip van Winkle when I hear that a bombastic political dilettante who made his fortune on the backs of gambling and the bankruptcy courts is even being considered to be the standard bearer for conservativism in America. That says far more about us as a people than it does about Trump. This man, by his own admission, is not qualified to even be a member of most conservative churches in America, but we seem to be alright with handing him the keys to the whole shooting match. Astonishing.
1/11/16 1:56 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Things will change just as they have with Obama. I'm not sure I will like what changes, like with Obama. Acts-pert Poster
1/11/16 1:57 pm

Post Re: establishment candidate? UncleJD
Ed Brewer wrote:
I'm not even sure what an 'establishment candidate' is.

That answers the question, thanks.
1/11/16 2:08 pm

Post drmrc
I agree with Ed!!!!!!!

Mike Chapman
Friendly Face
1/11/16 10:14 pm

Post Re: If it's not Trump, nothing will change diakoneo
doyle wrote:

As one commentator said, "I'm not sure whether I like Trump personally or not, but I sure would like to see someone like him become President.

Lots of folks run to see a fire too. Their are rubbernecks on the highways slowing traffic down trying to sneak a peek at some wreck. Folks love a good train wreck too.

I agree with Ed. We don't need Obama's doppelganger in the Whitehouse. That will not even things out. We still have an opportunity to get a good one during the primary.

Last edited by diakoneo on 1/12/16 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
1/12/16 12:55 am

Post LonghornFan
I see Donald Trump as an opportunist entertainer. He knows how to say the things that people want to hear. Therefore, he says some really dumb stuff for the applause of the gallery.

Trump is a train wreck waiting to happen. I just wish it would hurry up and happen, so that we could all rally around Cruz and prepare to win this election.
Friendly Face
1/12/16 10:43 am

Post Re: If it's not Trump, nothing will change diakoneo
delete

sorry double post
1/12/16 11:24 am

Post UncleJD
LonghornFan wrote:
I see Donald Trump as an opportunist entertainer. He knows how to say the things that people want to hear. Therefore, he says some really dumb stuff for the applause of the gallery.

Trump is a train wreck waiting to happen. I just wish it would hurry up and happen, so that we could all rally around Cruz and prepare to win this election.

I don't know about that train-wreck anymore. I used to think that (I'm a Cruz fan btw), but when you see 42% and rising and a field that would literally have to have 100% of the rest of it go to one other guy (or girl) to beat Trump at this point, I just don't know. I guess the question to be asked at this point, or very soon, is will you stay at home rather than vote for Trump? Will you really? Besides, if its so easy to say the things that get you support (votes), then why isn't anyone else even close (besides Cruz)???? I pray it is Cruz when the votes are counted, but I'm not holding my breath. If it comes down to Trump, I'll vote for him. I'd rather have a moderate with some libertarian and some conservative traits ANY day than Clinton II or Comrade Sanders.

(for the record, I blame all of you who stayed at home rather than voting for a Mormon the last time for this country's problems at the top, you think you're voting for a pastor here???)
1/12/16 2:51 pm

Post georgiapath
UncleJD wrote:
LonghornFan wrote:

I don't know about that train-wreck anymore. I used to think that (I'm a Cruz fan btw), but when you see 42% and rising and a field that would literally have to have 100% of the rest of it go to one other guy (or girl) to beat Trump at this point, I just don't know. I guess the question to be asked at this point, or very soon, is will you stay at home rather than vote for Trump? Will you really? Besides, if its so easy to say the things that get you support (votes), then why isn't anyone else even close (besides Cruz)???? I pray it is Cruz when the votes are counted, but I'm not holding my breath. If it comes down to Trump, I'll vote for him. I'd rather have a moderate with some libertarian and some conservative traits ANY day than Clinton II or Comrade Sanders.

(for the record, I blame all of you who stayed at home rather than voting for a Mormon the last time for this country's problems at the top, you think you're voting for a pastor here???)

Right on Uncle Ed, people staying home because they wouldn't vote for a Mormon is exactly how Obama got elected. Can't understand why people don't see that. I will vote for the republican whoever it might be, if a democrat gets elected we are in big trouble.
Acts-dicted
1/13/16 11:56 am

Post Re: establishment candidate? Resident Skeptic
Ed Brewer wrote:
I'm not even sure what an 'establishment candidate' is. What I'm saying is that we need a genuine statesman with an established record of public service who is able to drive the ship without crashing it into the shoals of his own naïve intentions. All of the labels being tossed about (by both sides, btw) are nothing more than a distraction. I'm just old enough to remember a time when a great portion of the electorate was more concerned about the candidate's character than his ability to make all the right promises. I sometimes feel like Rip van Winkle when I hear that a bombastic political dilettante who made his fortune on the backs of gambling and the bankruptcy courts is even being considered to be the standard bearer for conservativism in America. That says far more about us as a people than it does about Trump. This man, by his own admission, is not qualified to even be a member of most conservative churches in America, but we seem to be alright with handing him the keys to the whole shooting match. Astonishing.

Yet those in the past we've voted for, who named the name of Jesus, are party to the illegal immigrant invasion and general decline of America. And you still don't see the appeal of Trump?
1/13/16 6:26 pm

Post Re: establishment candidate? UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Yet those in the past we've voted for, who named the name of Jesus, are party to the illegal immigrant invasion and general decline of America. And you still don't see the appeal of Trump?

Not to mention that abortion became law under a Republican.
1/13/16 8:36 pm

Post Re: establishment candidate? Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Why didn't the States rise up after Roe v Wade, or after prayer in school was outlawed and call for a convention of the States as Tex gov Greg Abbott is doing now? The States have been asleep.
1/13/16 9:04 pm

Post Re: establishment candidate? Dean Steenburgh
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Even though Nixon was president in 1972 both the House & the Senate were controlled by democrats. But even that didn't matter because it was a SCOTUS decision that legalized abortion. Nixon had no say in the matter.
Same as prayer in school, JFK was 5 months away from being killed when the SCOTUS banned prayer & scripture reading in June of 63. Democrats held both houses & like the Pres. were not responsible for the outcome.

In my opinion, most democrats of the 1960's would be right wing Republicans today.
Democrats like Sen. Bernie Sanders are extremely dangerous to our culture & society in general today.
Hilary is a notorious liar & operates in a cloud of deception.
Trump is a loud mouth billionaire who speaks before he thinks.

Out of the presumed 3 I will cast my vote for Trump, but if Cruz is still there I'll vote for him.
I voted for Romney last time & I'll cast my vote for the party fav this time, but I won't vote for either democrat.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/14/16 8:21 pm

Post Re: establishment candidate? Cojak
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
In my opinion, most democrats of the 1960's would be right wing Republicans today.

Absolutely, I have friends and family in our small town that honestly do not know the Democratic party left them in the 60/70 era.
I can go over the Democratic Platform with them and they will say, that is just words, they don't mean it, we are for the workers and HONEST people. Shocked

Very good point. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/14/16 10:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic