Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook  @actscelerate Google+ 

***A Prophetic Message to the Church of God*** (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post rip, roar, and snore Joe Nail
lets stir the pot some more. i am glad that for some reason God has chosen once more to show mercy instead of judgement. Crying or Very sad
_________________
all that counts is your faith showing itself in love.
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1904
3/19/08 6:56 pm


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply with quote
Post onetruegod
Well...............
It will certainly stir something up
I have to process and absorb for a while.....................
Friendly Face
Posts: 106
3/20/08 8:48 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post mytimewillcome
Travis Johnson wrote:
Is this Bro. McGuire's response to this thread?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fnsZF75zPIQ


Rolling Eyes *yawn*
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
Posts: 3659
3/20/08 10:06 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post mytimewillcome
mytimewillcome wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:
Is this Bro. McGuire's response to this thread?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fnsZF75zPIQ


Rolling Eyes *yawn*


Travis, how could you imply in the other thread that this post by me means that I reject the prophetic status of Dr. Moore. My yawn was that why do you have to keep bringing this back up? Dr. McGuire gave stats that, whether you believe them to be accurate or not, were accurate in his mind. It seems you are implying that Dr. McGuire was trying to attack Dr. Moores prophecy. You seem no different than that guy in high school that would push two people arguing into each other and yell "fight" in hopes something would happen. I just dont see the health in implying these things. And so, for the record, I believe in Dr. Moore's prophetic role and I also believe that this kind of stuff is doing nothing to keep it from being fulfilled.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
Posts: 3659
3/20/08 10:46 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Travis Johnson
mytimewillcome wrote:

Travis, how could you imply in the other thread that this post by me means that I reject the prophetic status of Dr. Moore. My yawn was that why do you have to keep bringing this back up? Dr. McGuire gave stats that, whether you believe them to be accurate or not, were accurate in his mind. It seems you are implying that Dr. McGuire was trying to attack Dr. Moores prophecy. You seem no different than that guy in high school that would push two people arguing into each other and yell "fight" in hopes something would happen. I just dont see the health in implying these things. And so, for the record, I believe in Dr. Moore's prophetic role and I also believe that this kind of stuff is doing nothing to keep it from being fulfilled.


Dennis McGuire's stats were accurate. They were also from 1970. Like I said, if you look at more current data, you would see that we are in decline on every front: attendance, tithing, and # of churches in the USA. The only thing that has been growing is administrative overhead.

I sat at a table with Bro. McGuire, James Francis, and Earl Cushman in Ft. Lauderdale and he told me:

1. We were on the verge of bankruptcy.
2. Tithes were down from the previous year.
3. More churches are closing than opening.

So, citing the same statistics from a smaller window of time, a time which included massive population shifts to the south (where we are very strong), we are shrinking. Let's talk about those stats also instead of solely reaching back before I was born.
_________________
travisjohnson.net
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7851
3/20/08 11:12 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post mytimewillcome
Travis Johnson wrote:
mytimewillcome wrote:

Travis, how could you imply in the other thread that this post by me means that I reject the prophetic status of Dr. Moore. My yawn was that why do you have to keep bringing this back up? Dr. McGuire gave stats that, whether you believe them to be accurate or not, were accurate in his mind. It seems you are implying that Dr. McGuire was trying to attack Dr. Moores prophecy. You seem no different than that guy in high school that would push two people arguing into each other and yell "fight" in hopes something would happen. I just dont see the health in implying these things. And so, for the record, I believe in Dr. Moore's prophetic role and I also believe that this kind of stuff is doing nothing to keep it from being fulfilled.


Dennis McGuire's stats were accurate. They were also from 1970. Like I said, if you look at more current data, you would see that we are in decline on every front: attendance, tithing, and # of churches in the USA. The only thing that has been growing is administrative overhead.

I sat at a table with Bro. McGuire, James Francis, and Earl Cushman in Ft. Lauderdale and he told me:

1. We were on the verge of bankruptcy.
2. Tithes were down from the previous year.
3. More churches are closing than opening.

So, citing the same statistics from a smaller window of time, a time which included massive population shifts to the south (where we are very strong), we are shrinking. Let's talk about those stats also instead of solely reaching back before I was born.


Again, I agree 100% that we need to look at the now. My original intent on this thread was to ask the question if we need to change because we are almost bankrupt, tithes down, churches closing, what are you helping by trying to make this connection with the Dr. Moore video and the one by Dr. McGuire. I don't see where it is helping at all. When I keep seeing all these posts it makes me think that the theme of the general assembly will be like a recent movie "there will be blood"
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
Posts: 3659
3/20/08 11:18 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Travis Johnson
mytimewillcome wrote:
Again, I agree 100% that we need to look at the now. My original intent on this thread was to ask the question if we need to change because we are almost bankrupt, tithes down, churches closing, what are you helping by trying to make this connection with the Dr. Moore video and the one by Dr. McGuire. I don't see where it is helping at all. When I keep seeing all these posts it makes me think that the theme of the general assembly will be like a recent movie "there will be blood"


I don't know of anyone besides you suggesting there will be blood. I do pray there will be institutional change. There has already been a practical change. And, there has been an institutionalized departing from the Minutes. We need to fix that. Someone needs to formally address it, own up to it, re-establish trust, and fix it immediately.
_________________
travisjohnson.net
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7851
3/20/08 11:43 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Travis, my opinion... Yo Dude
From what I could discern about this, this is what I believe:

This is a word from a sincere heart. It may indeed have been something God revealed to him. However, it was not in the right timing/context. Very simply, you likely aren't going to start a denomination-wide repentance over the casket of a beloved, departed saint.

I also believe that if there was a message from God in this (and I have no doubt that there was), it was skewered somewhat by the great passion of this man's heart. That is, he likely said things that were beyond the message that God wished to impart.

It seems to me that it was correct that we needed to "fix" the childbearing/reproductive aspect of the church. There are so many things this could mean. It could mean our "making converts"; it could mean our "making disciples"; it could mean our "training up leaders for the next generation," etc. All of these could rightfully be considered "reproductive" in nature--and indeed, the message might be about all of them.

But when he spoke of "salaries," it did not click. I took it rather that, in his passion for change, and perhaps some elements that he had observed from his position, this was spoken. Not purposely off course, but because he did (does) have a passion to see the Church of God reformed, and brought back(?) to a place of health.

It might even be the case that he thought THAT was the message--against the politices and so forth--while it MAY have been something more spiritual, etc.

In any case, I admire his courage. And though I think the message perhaps got clouded with his personal passion and love for the Church, the message is still there...for those who will discern.
Acts-dicted
Posts: 8631
3/24/08 12:17 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Travis, my opinion... Matt Boyd
Yo Dude wrote:
From what I could discern about this, this is what I believe:

This is a word from a sincere heart. It may indeed have been something God revealed to him. However, it was not in the right timing/context. Very simply, you likely aren't going to start a denomination-wide repentance over the casket of a beloved, departed saint.

I also believe that if there was a message from God in this (and I have no doubt that there was), it was skewered somewhat by the great passion of this man's heart. That is, he likely said things that were beyond the message that God wished to impart.

It seems to me that it was correct that we needed to "fix" the childbearing/reproductive aspect of the church. There are so many things this could mean. It could mean our "making converts"; it could mean our "making disciples"; it could mean our "training up leaders for the next generation," etc. All of these could rightfully be considered "reproductive" in nature--and indeed, the message might be about all of them.

But when he spoke of "salaries," it did not click. I took it rather that, in his passion for change, and perhaps some elements that he had observed from his position, this was spoken. Not purposely off course, but because he did (does) have a passion to see the Church of God reformed, and brought back(?) to a place of health.

It might even be the case that he thought THAT was the message--against the politices and so forth--while it MAY have been something more spiritual, etc.

In any case, I admire his courage. And though I think the message perhaps got clouded with his personal passion and love for the Church, the message is still there...for those who will discern.


Yo Dude,
Just curious, why is it that you think the comment about "salaries," was not from the Lord or in your words "did not click?" As you know Jesus mentions money in the four gospels more then any other subject (at least 48 times).
Friendly Face
Posts: 296
3/24/08 7:08 pm


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Matt... Yo Dude
Just my own personal discerning of the message. Certainly money is a valid topic for a message from God, but in this instance, I did not feel that it was.

Further, the Bible speaks about "let the others judge." And since this did not go over, and it seems unlikely that of all that stellar audience, there were not men of great discernment (including TLL), I just have to say that I think this was out of timing. Not necessarily wrong...just out of timing.
Acts-dicted
Posts: 8631
3/24/08 7:13 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post yo yodude Joe Nail
good to see you back.

again you heard somthing that was not said "reproductive" was not mentioned. "nurture the children." was the words there is a vast difference in producing and nurturing. just another observation from one who heard this message speak to his heart in a way that only God speaks. Crying or Very sad
_________________
all that counts is your faith showing itself in love.
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1904
3/25/08 2:41 pm


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply with quote
Post JoeNail... Yo Dude
That's fine. I still feel that same way about it.

In any case, I understood it, I think, in the same general way--that we were somehow falling short when it came to our children.

Please know that I am not saying that this word is not for NOW. It may very well be! I was simply saying that I felt it was out of timing THEN.

If God has touched your heart with it, then, man, go with it!
Acts-dicted
Posts: 8631
3/26/08 7:52 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post I have avoided this thread... prefontaine
However, if it's going to go down as the longest ever, then I guess I need to be a part of it.
If this truly is a prophetic word from the Lord, then no amount of posting about it, or trying to figure out why, is going to stop it. It's just gonna happen, and we'll be left to pick up the pieces. Personally, I think that picking up the pieces could turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to the denomination. The people that want in will work to keep it together. We will have to work as a team to make the denomination go again. Also, it will be a catastrophic cause to do some introspection. We will be able to self-examine, and determine what went wrong, and how we cna make it better in the future.
_________________


clintwills.blogspot.com
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5103
4/14/08 6:28 pm


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post roughridercog
I'm just posting so that the sticky will remain since no one has posted on it for a few days.
_________________
Doctor of Bovinamodulation
Acts Mod
Posts: 24861
4/17/08 9:49 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: sorry but Darrell Garrett
Robert Langdon wrote:
who was Brenda Taylor?


Asked and answered in this thread.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5274
4/17/08 10:07 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Travis Johnson
Doyle,

Can we put this back on the front page for a bit. It seems like the video has been removed from YouTube. The explanation is leaving me with a lot of questions and a sick feeling in my stomach.
_________________
travisjohnson.net
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7851
5/6/08 7:05 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Travis Johnson
Why was it removed? Who would want it gone?
_________________
travisjohnson.net
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7851
5/6/08 7:06 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post lost video Hishanmaden
Yes, I have tried to watch the video and they tell me that it has been removed.
I sure would like to see it.
Since I have been having to really study hard this semister, I have not been on this site much at all the last four months. I would lilke to be able to see this video though.
_________________
If may people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, I will forgive their sins and I will heal their lands.
Acts-celerater
Posts: 604
5/8/08 9:10 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post GOD TUBE Wade Hinson
The God Tube links still work Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1100
2/21/09 11:44 am


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.