Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The rise of Florida men?? For better or worse??

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The rise of Florida men?? For better or worse?? Sweethomealabama
It seems increasingly clear that moves are being made to prepare for the rise of Florida men to take the lead on the executive committee. Is this the right direction? What does this mean for the open borders, immigration lobby that seems to have a hold on the state of Florida. Various Florida leaders have positions in large Special interest organizations that seem to have a hand on pushing the church to support massive open immigration . Travis not so much but mark and Tony both are in positions that have openly stated their views on immigration. Some have been funded by some very interesting individuals that I do not believe have the best interest of the church in mind. Having such a concentration of leadership from one state raises questions. It appears that Travis is politically favored unless, for some unforeseen reason, he is removed from the ballot Ecclesiastically. Tony Stewart, Mark Williams, and possibly William Lee are also in consideration. This situation prompts us to question whether it's safe for a state that was once in financial peril to hold such significant leadership positions. I’m sure some of these pastord are not in Florida anymore, But they have had significant ties there and some of their Leadership dealings in the past probably keep them tied to the state.

Both state offices in Florida appear to have clear and apparent issues. However, let's focus on the root of the issue: money and resources. My question is, has anyone cosigned debt for some of the ministry debt in those regions? Would that explain some of the things that are happening right now? I'm not saying it's unmanageable, but when someone cosigns large Agreements and there is a risk of that Agreement not being satisfied, people may make drastic changes, sometimes in an unhealthy manner.

It looks to me that if Tony doesn't look like he's going to be the chosen candidate, the plan might be to bring Mark W. as an alternate candidate, or Travis Johnson. All three of those names are closely connected to Florida, and I'm just concerned. Is there a legitimate reason to make sure such a concentration of power is from one state to require them to be that high up in the leadership, even though I respect Travis, Tony, and Mark? I'm pointing out a glaring issue that the agreements at both state offices in Florida could be an influencer in the moves happening at the moment.
Hey, DOC
5/11/24 12:50 pm

Post Not sure why it would be an issue where they’re from. Quiet Wyatt
MW hasn’t been pastoring in FL since before he was elected GO. He’s originally from Texas, and has pastored in TN twice if memory serves. That said, he is well known to be supportive of liberal theologians such as CBJ, which is most concerning, and quite out of sync with the majority of CoG bishops who voted 85% at the most recent GA against referring to God in feminine pronouns or as “mother.”

TS also is a Texas native, and has pastored in TX, AZ, and SGA prior to moving to FL in the late 90s. Not sure what his stance on political hot button issues might be, but my guess is he probably wants to avoid controversial statements, as his personality is far more oriented to sales/marketing than anything else, which he absolutely excels at, to be sure.

TJ did pastor in FL for several years prior to moving to Mobile, and from what I recall, grew up in FL as a PK. My estimation is that TJ would represent a more conservative position theologically than most of the other names mentioned as possible candidates for the Exec Comm.

Again, not sure why their geographical origins and/or connections matter that much. FL has for many, many years been basically our strongest state numerically and with regard to mega or at least large congregations. Being that how one gets elected to national and intl leadership in the CoG basically comes down to how big a congregation one has pastored, it follows logically that pastors of mega or large churches are absolutely the most likely to be elected to lead the CoG. And those big CoG churches are much more common in FL and GA and TN than anywhere else.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 5/11/24 2:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/11/24 1:52 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I do wish all those interested in being elected to the Ex Comm would plainly state where they stand on important issues. Except for TJ, I wouldn’t hold my breath though. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/11/24 1:57 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
I want to believe everything with TJ’s Is on the up and up,but in the back of my mind I have extreme doubts . I don’t want to have these doubts but in areas where TJ should’ve stood up he didn’t but now all of a sudden why now? I just hope this whole thing is not some move at political posture to get other leaders out of the conversation. I want to like everything that’s going on but a lot of that awake not woke stuff was done at the heels of a close associate friend Being found out to have Extremely left leanings maybe even to distance himself from the fallout I hope this is not a smoke screen Design to distract everyone from what’s been happening at some of the Evangelical churches. There’s some things I would love to talk about on the platform, but I know the second it would come out it it would be pulled off. I understand why and this is a key reason why the moved Reddit is so important for the free speech of the movement. But it does make sense that the top three guys in the movement are all Previously or currently deeply connected with Financials in Florida And have a vested interest in keeping things silent it makes you wonder Shocked real estate? Hey, DOC
5/11/24 3:55 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Sweethomealabama wrote:
I want to believe everything with TJ’s Is on the up and up,but in the back of my mind I have extreme doubts . I don’t want to have these doubts but in areas where TJ should’ve stood up he didn’t but now all of a sudden why now? I just hope this whole thing is not some move at political posture to get other leaders out of the conversation. I want to like everything that’s going on but a lot of that awake not woke stuff was done at the heels of a close associate friend Being found out to have Extremely left leanings maybe even to distance himself from the fallout I hope this is not a smoke screen Design to distract everyone from what’s been happening at some of the Evangelical churches. There’s some things I would love to talk about on the platform, but I know the second it would come out it it would be pulled off. I understand why and this is a key reason why the moved Reddit is so important for the free speech of the movement. But it does make sense that the top three guys in the movement are all Previously or currently deeply connected with Financials in Florida And have a vested interest in keeping things silent it makes you wonder Shocked real estate?

This is a bunch of BS.

Florida has some great mental institutions, that should be your first move.

The Florida financial problems occurred before TJ could even vote. The campground mistakes were in the 80s and has been the dark cloud over the state ever since. And not moving the state office there just compounded the money issue.

As for being conservative on immigration...none of us make those decisions - apparently some international elites decide that - but the question is: since they ARE here - what do we do with them? Do we lead the way in ministering to them or not? Thats the question.
5/12/24 6:22 am

Post georgiapath
[quote="Nature Boy Florida"]
Sweethomealabama wrote:
I want to believe everything with TJ’s Is on the up and up,but in the back of my mind I have extreme doubts . I don’t want to have these doubts but in areas where TJ should’ve stood up he didn’t but now all of a sudden why now? I just hope this whole thing is not some move at political posture to get other leaders out of the conversation. I want to like everything that’s going on but a lot of that awake not woke stuff was done at the heels of a close associate friend Being found out to have Extremely left leanings maybe even to distance himself from the fallout I hope this is not a smoke screen Design to distract everyone from what’s been happening at some of the Evangelical churches. There’s some things I would love to talk about on the platform, but I know the second it would come out it it would be pulled off. I understand why and this is a key reason why the moved Reddit is so important for the free speech of the movement. But it does make sense that the top three guys in the movement are all Previously or currently deeply connected with Financials in Florida And have a vested interest in keeping things silent it makes you wonder Shocked real estate?

This is a bunch of BS.

Florida has some great mental institutions, that should be your first move.

I totally agree.
Acts-dicted
5/12/24 11:21 am

Post Cojak
Quote SHA: I don’t want to have these doubts but in areas where TJ should’ve stood up he didn’t but now all of a sudden why now? I just hope this whole thing is not some move at political posture to get other leaders out of the conversation.

I am a resident of Florida and Just looking in on the outside, ref Bro Travis, it seems he stated his feelings and others rolled the ball and he did just what he had to do, back his statements and beliefs. I DEFINITLY see no underhanded actions or moves involved...

Some of this confused post just confuses old folks.....
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/12/24 6:33 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
Couldn’t PLC and a buy a tree both could be viewed as foundation cash funnels? Was Garmon previous leader of PLC?? Was everything in that eventually resolved? Curious, there was some rumbles in Asia That ran a huge train of issues the Back home. I thought at first that a lot of the stuff that was happening was an Attempt to reign in plc or buy a tree or Extort resources from TJ. I’m not saying TJ’s a bad guy. It’s just the whole political apparatus gets muddy sometimes not a judgment of character just the cost of having to play ball. I really honestly want to like TJ it’s just there’s been one thing that he has done in the past that really let me down. I’ve had run into tj since south Florida. My thing is this I can move on from any let down Travis Has done to me. Like I said, I like him. But still, I do have questions. I honestly woulld love to see Travis I , for one don’t wanna push somebody That’s gonna let me down unless I know he is a changed man. Hey, DOC
5/12/24 8:46 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Sweethomealabama wrote:
Couldn’t PLC and a buy a tree both could be viewed as foundation cash funnels? Was Garmon previous leader of PLC?? Was everything in that eventually resolved? Curious, there was some rumbles in Asia That ran a huge train of issues the Back home. I thought at first that a lot of the stuff that was happening was an Attempt to reign in plc or buy a tree or Extort resources from TJ. I’m not saying TJ’s a bad guy. It’s just the whole political apparatus gets muddy sometimes not a judgment of character just the cost of having to play ball. I really honestly want to like TJ it’s just there’s been one thing that he has done in the past that really let me down. I’ve had run into tj since south Florida. My thing is this I can move on from any let down Travis Has done to me. Like I said, I like him. But still, I do have questions. I honestly woulld love to see Travis I , for one don’t wanna push somebody That’s gonna let me down unless I know he is a changed man.

This innuendo PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD needs to stop.

You couldnt' hold TJs integrity jockstrap. You obviously have none.

If you had ever attempted to do big things in Asia - you would already know everything doesn't go as smooth as you want. Everything is above board.

Where do circus clowns get off wanting to smear TJ?

Your name has alabama in it but you must work in the TN state office.

You have my pity.
5/13/24 7:50 am

Post Don't presume... 4thgeneration
I wouldn't presume anything concerning the election at this point.

There are so many people hoping for one of the 5 spots, all with a following of people who are promoting their name. I expect a horse race of sorts that starts out with several running neck and neck, all racing for the same goal. Various groups will be voting "their guy" out the gate, in an attempt to get his name up high on the list. It will likely take a few rounds for things to settle into a rhythm that leads toward electing the five EC members.

I hear names floated of people that I will not vote for because of their theological positions, their historical record, or their strong stance on societal positions that do more to divide than unite. We don't need to put people on the EC with personal agendas that do nothing but distract and detract from what we should be focusing on.

My concern is that this will be a GA driven by the agendas of groups pitted against each other, resulting in elections affected by those intent to prove a point or make a statement. The result will be a fractured EC whose capacity to lead forward, deal with the extremely difficult challenges that embrace our movement, and spark hope among our movement will be minimized.

I pray that we can rise above this. I pray that we get this right.
Acts Enthusiast
5/13/24 3:19 pm

Post Cojak
Quote 4th: I pray that we can rise above this. I pray that we get this right.

,,,,,, Yes and Amen,,,,,,

I get lost in the hints and stuff thrown around. I despise politics in HIS church. We are here to do HIS will....
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/13/24 5:24 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Sweethomealabama wrote:
Couldn’t PLC and a buy a tree both could be viewed as foundation cash funnels? Was Garmon previous leader of PLC?? Was everything in that eventually resolved? Curious, there was some rumbles in Asia That ran a huge train of issues the Back home. I thought at first that a lot of the stuff that was happening was an Attempt to reign in plc or buy a tree or Extort resources from TJ. I’m not saying TJ’s a bad guy. It’s just the whole political apparatus gets muddy sometimes not a judgment of character just the cost of having to play ball. I really honestly want to like TJ it’s just there’s been one thing that he has done in the past that really let me down. I’ve had run into tj since south Florida. My thing is this I can move on from any let down Travis Has done to me. Like I said, I like him. But still, I do have questions. I honestly woulld love to see Travis I , for one don’t wanna push somebody That’s gonna let me down unless I know he is a changed man.

This innuendo PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD needs to stop.

You couldnt' hold TJs integrity jockstrap. You obviously have none.

If you had ever attempted to do big things in Asia - you would already know everything doesn't go as smooth as you want. Everything is above board.

Where do circus clowns get off wanting to smear TJ?

Your name has alabama in it but you must work in the TN state office.

You have my pity.

I'm with you, NB. I wrote a scathing response to this last night but the Lord wouldn't let me send it.

Why are we allowing CERTAIN PEOPLE to dominate the board and spread rumors? Those of you who usually post more, please start posting more often and maybe some of the more negative posts will go away or we can at least drown them out.

This discussion forum is a safe place to share our thoughts and feelings without fear of backlash. But it is not a place to tear down and cast aspersions on our leadership and other men and women of God.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/13/24 10:21 pm

Post Re: Don't presume... Carolyn Smith
4thgeneration wrote:
I wouldn't presume anything concerning the election at this point.

There are so many people hoping for one of the 5 spots, all with a following of people who are promoting their name. I expect a horse race of sorts that starts out with several running neck and neck, all racing for the same goal. Various groups will be voting "their guy" out the gate, in an attempt to get his name up high on the list. It will likely take a few rounds for things to settle into a rhythm that leads toward electing the five EC members.

I hear names floated of people that I will not vote for because of their theological positions, their historical record, or their strong stance on societal positions that do more to divide than unite. We don't need to put people on the EC with personal agendas that do nothing but distract and detract from what we should be focusing on.

My concern is that this will be a GA driven by the agendas of groups pitted against each other, resulting in elections affected by those intent to prove a point or make a statement. The result will be a fractured EC whose capacity to lead forward, deal with the extremely difficult challenges that embrace our movement, and spark hope among our movement will be minimized.

I pray that we can rise above this. I pray that we get this right.

Is there anything we can do besides pray?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/13/24 10:22 pm

Post FLRon
This won’t be popular, but I am of the firm conviction that the Church of God is at a crossroads as far as its leadership is concerned. For far too long the popularity of individuals has won them seats at the decision making table, which in turn has dictated the direction of the denomination rather than hearing from God.

To the point: how many eligible voters actually spend time praying about the vote they cast vs. simply voting for friends or others who have garnered considerable support? And wouldn’t it be something if a couple of “no names” got voted to the EC because voters listened to the Holy Spirit instead of their buddies?

Not more than a couple of weeks ago I had a discussion with a pastor about the upcoming GA, and his greatest fear/concern was that the “younger generation” would assume control of the denomination unless the old guard could rally and stop them. I ask you: is that being led by the Spirit? Of course not! It’s nothing more than cronyism, the very thing that hinders the denomination from once again becoming like a mighty army.

Then again, maybe God needs to implode the denomination so that His will is all that matters. Again.
5/14/24 8:38 pm

Post georgiapath
I've said for a long time the church world is getting like the Corporate world. That is not a compliment. Acts-dicted
Yesterday at 11:06 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic