Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What did we gain with overturning Roe v Wade? (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What did we gain with overturning Roe v Wade? (L) Nature Boy Florida
Perhaps we won the battle but lost the war. We used to think many abortions were due to some stigma associated with out of wedlock birth - to keep it a secret - but that stigma pretty much doesn't exist anymore. Women think nothing of killing their babies. It's just a simple fact.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abortions-increasing-us-despite-state-143043888.html

Abortions actually went up in the last year.

60% of all abortions done by taking two pills. The total amount of abortions in the US is actually unknown as you can have them mailed to you from overseas.

Quote:
Abortion procedures rose in the U.S. last year, even with state abortion bans passed following the Supreme Court’s overruling of Roe v. Wade, according to a study published Tuesday.

An estimated 1,026,690 abortions were reported in the formal health care system in 2023, according to research from the Guttmacher Institute. It’s the highest number measured in the United States in more than a decade.

This is equal to about 15.7 abortions per 1,000 women of reproductive age and a 10 percent increase since 2020, researchers found.

2023 was the first full calendar year since the Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade, eliminating the 1973 precedent granting the constitutional right to abortion.

3/19/24 2:38 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
It all depends on what you're listening to. It's called fake news for a reason. Yahoo has an agenda that's not evangelical. Roe v. Wade being overturned is a massive win, no matter what some communist-indoctrinated PhD might tell us. The church needs to be teaching about Godly marriage and stop making it sound like having children and a spouse is the worst thing in the world. Why is the marriage age increasing? I'm sure all these parents are glad they don't have to pay for weddings for their 20-year-olds, but I'd rather have a married son or daughter at 19 serving God than a 30-year-old that's just out living a promiscuous life. I'm pretty sure those who marry later aren't always out there being promiscuous but a lot are. Id still prefer them to be in marriage, pleasing God rather than pleasing the world. Hey, DOC
3/19/24 2:50 pm

Post Cojak
YOu cannot legislate morality, just to shorten MLK jr's statement, and change the meaning some. It is a fact we cannot legislate morality and at times it has hurt the nation.
Out lawing alcohol created (or helped create) some of the largest outlaw groups and families in the USA.

Mixing politics and our religions grows some denominations or churches and kills others.

But until someone, parents and schools, educate a 10-16 year old that sex is wrong outside marriage we are going to continue to have 'unwanted' pregnancies. and deaths by alleyway abortions.
NO! I do not have the answer but I remember one of the sweetest girls I ever knew in our church got pregnant at 14 and was disowned and sent away to have the baby and give it away or kill it. By a daddy who was so religious it was sickening.

All I know is wiping out the law did nothing for this country at present. I pray that in time it will. I still believe there are exceptions for abortions and it is personal opinion and I cannot shake it.

I have said in the past, if the doctor would have walked out of the delivery room and said we cannot save both! My heart says I would say, "Save my wife." All my life i have been taught that babies that die go to heaven. My Wife would too, but I WANT HER!
I have heard that the situation NEVER arises, well I have heard that it does so I am commenting assuming I would have had to decide IF it happened.
sorry to ramble..
quick half answer: It did not stop abortions, it did create a lot of confusion BUT I hope & pray that in the long run it does help!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/20/24 8:00 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Yes, evil, selfish women who desire to murder their babies will do so one way or another if they want to. They have no constitutional right to do so now, which is certainly good.

No one with a basic grasp of the constitutional issues, states’ rights, etc., would have believed abortion would be nationally outlawed simply by the overturning of Roe v Wade.

The only remedy for a sinful heart determined to do evil is the moral law of God bringing true conviction and the gospel of Christ to bring conversion to Christ as LORD.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 3/21/24 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/20/24 9:35 pm

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
YOu cannot legislate morality, just to shorten MLK jr's statement, and change the meaning some. It is a fact we cannot legislate morality ....

but we do. Murder is outlawed, Slavery is outlawed. Rape, etc... Things that are so egregious that a healthy society can't tolerate are indeed legislated. It doesnt' end it, no and its true that only a God can truly convince us that its wrong, but we can, do and SHOULD legislate things that are detrimental to society, including abortion in order to clearly define what we believe is wrong. I think slavery, not simple murder, is the closest thing to abortion in terms of present society believing its a "right", yet God's word says otherwise and people must resist it no matter what the personal cost. The cost will get higher and higher until one day it is either done away with or our society pays the ultimate price such as Rome did and we fall by our own apathy and indifference to the plight of the innocent
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/21/24 3:28 pm

Post sadlytrue77
I'm grateful to be from the state that ended roe v wade. Some folks May mock Mississippi but will always be able to say we did that

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/21/24 3:33 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
Cojak wrote:
YOu cannot legislate morality, just to shorten MLK jr's statement, and change the meaning some. It is a fact we cannot legislate morality ....

but we do. Murder is outlawed, Slavery is outlawed. Rape, etc... Things that are so egregious that a healthy society can't tolerate are indeed legislated. It doesnt' end it, no and its true that only a God can truly convince us that its wrong, but we can, do and SHOULD legislate things that are detrimental to society, including abortion in order to clearly define what we believe is wrong. I think slavery, not simple murder, is the closest thing to abortion in terms of present society believing its a "right", yet God's word says otherwise and people must resist it no matter what the personal cost. The cost will get higher and higher until one day it is either done away with or our society pays the ultimate price such as Rome did and we fall by our own apathy and indifference to the plight of the innocent

I agree my friend, and I wish the part I have highlightted were not a fact. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/22/24 10:55 am

Post caseyleejones
Was it a win for either side? With Roe in place, abortions were outlawed after 20 weeks.

Roe being overturned left it unrestricted to states. Now abortions are legal up to birth in many states. Those where it is outlawed can hop a train and head into Illinois to get it and likely Illinois will pay for it.
Acts-perienced Poster
3/23/24 6:21 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
caseyleejones wrote:
Was it a win for either side? With Roe in place, abortions were outlawed after 20 weeks.

Roe being overturned left it unrestricted to states. Now abortions are legal up to birth in many states. Those where it is outlawed can hop a train and head into Illinois to get it and likely Illinois will pay for it.

Roe did not outlaw abortion after 20 weeks. Not sure where you heard that.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/23/24 10:58 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic