Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Has the Travis Johnson decision been made?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Nuff Said Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
No sense arguing this any longer. We will see where it all ends up.

Exactly. When asked to post the offending statements - they don't match up with what you say they do.

See ya straw man.
3/12/24 1:42 pm

Post georgiapath
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
The prof was actually incidental to the main thrust of the post, merely the latest Lee faculty member to associate with St Luke’s Episcopal. The post was almost completely focused on the fact that LeeU continues to allow those on its payroll to associate with and even to be employed by LGBTQETC affirming ‘churches’.

Would you think it needed to be brought up if a pastor’s wife were to join the KKK or the Church of Satan or the Metropolitan Community Church, and posted photos and video about it, celebrating it? What if this were just the latest in a long line of such compromises with the Satanic system of this world, with no substantive corrective action being done about it, with those who point out the stark incompatibility of it with Christ-like behavior and Christian doctrine being simply dismissed by the exec leadership as only ‘troublemakers?’

Spin it any way you want to but bottom line he was proud and wanted people to know or he would never have put it out there.
Acts-dicted
3/12/24 7:51 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Per the statement by the Exec Committee released last week by GO Tim Hill, TJ appealed to have his trial before a board appointed by the International Executive Committee, per the Minutes, with no possibility of appeal. The IEC-appointed trial board found him not guilty. The case is closed. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/13/24 4:56 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
All these hacks still trying to declare TJ guilty need to be brought up on charges for defying the Executive Committee ruling.

These Cleveland guys think they can defy any decree they want from the Executive Committee or General Council.

Of course, isn't that the whole problem with Lee that started this whole ordeal?
3/13/24 5:40 am

Post georgiapath
Finally common sense prevails. Acts-dicted
3/13/24 7:55 am

Post I Don't Understand FG Minister
Why did TJ appeal the decision of the Tennessee Board? If he won, there is no need for an appeal. Aha! Now the plot thickens. Just so you know, it was 7-0 against. Upon appeal it was 3-2 in favor. Now let me see, 7+2 = 9. Nine against TJ and three for TJ. Hmm.... Maybe FG Minister was right?! To quote NB, 9 ordained clowns and 3 wise people. But don't let the facts get in the way of your crucifixion efforts. Acts-celerater
3/13/24 8:08 am

Post Re: I Don't Understand Mat
FG Minister wrote:
Why did TJ appeal the decision of the Tennessee Board? If he won, there is no need for an appeal. Aha! Now the plot thickens. Just so you know, it was 7-0 against. Upon appeal it was 3-2 in favor. Now let me see, 7+2 = 9. Nine against TJ and three for TJ. Hmm.... Maybe FG Minister was right?! To quote NB, 9 ordained clowns and 3 wise people. But don't let the facts get in the way of your crucifixion efforts.

The nature of politics would suggest that the Tennessee Bishop had a position, thus the TN board had a position. After all they are the Bishop's subordinates.

The appeal moved it above the TN Bishop's authority. Now factor in term limits and elections at the General Assembly, and you may arrive at the reason for the final decision.

I'm not sure, but did TJ have anybody on the TN board whom he choose? Was there a point where he, or his lawyer were able to explain his actions and position? Was there any person-to-person mediation before this all got public and political?

Perhaps the biggest question is why would anyone think an ecclesiastical court system is not governed by church politics? If there was a crime or a civil wrong, I would rather go to court, where the judge is known, each party can have an attorney, the records and evidence is public, plus there is an appeals process.

So who are the TN "seven"?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
3/13/24 9:09 am

Post Re: I Don't Understand Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
Why did TJ appeal the decision of the Tennessee Board? If he won, there is no need for an appeal. Aha! Now the plot thickens. Just so you know, it was 7-0 against. Upon appeal it was 3-2 in favor. Now let me see, 7+2 = 9. Nine against TJ and three for TJ. Hmm.... Maybe FG Minister was right?! To quote NB, 9 ordained clowns and 3 wise people. But don't let the facts get in the way of your crucifixion efforts.

Ah - so you also go by the name Donald Trump.

Your posts make you seem incompetent.

The Tennessee board wasn't a trial. The 7-0 only voted to go to trial.
TJ wanted it over - and asked to have the only trial at the top level. Which he was exonerated at. 3>2. They teach math at Lee if you are interested.

Since you are the first guy to tell us the vote was 3-2 - can you also tell us how the votes went?

I can only assume when using your real name, you voted against TJ. Who was the other guy?

Need to make sure those 2 clowns don't get any votes at GA.
3/13/24 9:26 am

Post Re: I Don't Understand skinnybishop
FG Minister wrote:

There was no decision by the Tennessee Board.
3/13/24 10:24 am

Post georgiapath
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Per the statement by the Exec Committee released last week by GO Tim Hill, TJ appealed to have his trial before a board appointed by the International Executive Committee, per the Minutes, with no possibility of appeal. The IEC-appointed trial board found him not guilty. The case is closed.

Wise decision.
Acts-dicted
3/13/24 10:46 am

Post Re: I Don't Understand Quiet Wyatt
skinnybishop wrote:
FG Minister wrote:

There was no decision by the Tennessee Board.

That is correct.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/13/24 11:23 am

Post Trial Over FG Minister
The ecclesiastical trial is over. Acts-celerater
3/13/24 2:05 pm

Post Re: Trial Over Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
The ecclesiastical trial is over.

But trial by FG minister goes on.

Turn yourself in for going against the PB. You'll get off easy. You Cleveland guys won't railroad one of your own.
3/13/24 2:52 pm

Post Re: Trial Over sadlytrue77
FG Minister wrote:
The ecclesiastical trial is over.

Is there another trial? I can not imagine a church of God member would sue a pastor after losing a church trial.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/13/24 4:45 pm

Post Re: I Don't Understand Link
[quote="Mat"]
FG Minister wrote:

Perhaps the biggest question is why would anyone think an ecclesiastical court system is not governed by church politics? If there was a crime or a civil wrong, I would rather go to court, where the judge is known, each party can have an attorney, the records and evidence is public, plus there is an appeals process.

So you would rather disobey the Bible?
Acts-perienced Poster
3/13/24 8:25 pm

Post skinnybishop
If I'm a lawyer, I'm chomping at the bit, to defend Travis, in a civil trial.

He's already been found not guilty by the church. Let it go.
3/14/24 8:17 am

Post Misquoted by Link FG Minister
Link. You attributed a quote to me that I did not make.

And BTW - I am not against TJ whatsoever. In fact, I admire his work as a pastor and his mission's work. I have never met TJ or the Professor. I just wanted these two men to sit down together and sort this out. That is the Biblical method. I was very disappointed when that did not happen. I just hate to see anyone's reputation damaged if in fact he is innocent. Many of you see the professor as guilty. I do not. It's that simple. We are looking at the same situation and are coming to two different conclusions. It happens every day. But I am not against TJ whatsoever. I just want these two men to do the right thing and settle this, and clear each other's good names. That's all.
Acts-celerater
3/14/24 8:54 am

Post sadlytrue77
Got a relative up Chattanooga way that tellse they did sit down together but that wasn't enough for the accuser or his overseer to close the matter. Ain't no reason two men couldn't agree to disagree without dragging the whole church through all this.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
Friendly Face
3/14/24 9:44 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
sadlytrue77 wrote:
Got a relative up Chattanooga way that tellse they did sit down together but that wasn't enough for the accuser or his overseer to close the matter. Ain't no reason two men couldn't agree to disagree without dragging the whole church through all this.

They did sit down. But one of them STILL felt he wanted some blood.

And an overseer wanted to chop a guy down before the GA to make sure he couldn't upset the apple cart anymore.

Lots of jobs to be swapped around in Cleveland - even need to create a couple more to keep everyone with a nice paycheck.

Those Cleveland guys already got everybody slotted into their spots.

Can't let it get messed up by some Alabama pastor (excuse me - Mobile Tennessee pastor.)
3/14/24 11:30 am

Post sadlytrue77
Having trouble with quotes responding to natural boy.

Well thank God the trial board got to the truth and found brother Johnson not guilty. Especially when I hear the board on Tennessee did not even want a trial but the overseer done it anyway.

Any overseer that would side with that mess to get political point is worse than a open liberal. We don't need nobody who would sell out right values in leadership.

Friendly Face
3/14/24 12:35 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic