Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Travis Johnson found NOT GUILTY of bogus charges against him
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
fire-starter wrote:
fire-starter wrote:
Kelvin Page is the Lee Professor's pastor.
Said he is a solid conservative Pentecostal brother.
Yet his wife just joined a gay affirming church.

They do things different in Cleveland.

To the average layman, the professor at Westmore is only there to check a box to keep his job at Lee.

We keep that "committed" professor, and bid goodbye to TJ and his church. While the Tennessee overseer and Presiding Bishop all let it happen.

Trust the process!

I do.

I trust this does not end well. That's what I trust.

The charge is slander. I don't know why people are up in arms about these charges against TJ. TJ got a little too bold behind his keyboard and a member is calling him to account for it. TJ is the one who tried to change the narrative in his church speech which was quickly addressed by the TN AB in a public video.

If you are going to post photos of people on the internet with commentary that intends to malign or make other suspicious, then you should have to answer for it. Period. Especially within the body of Christ.

TJ went rogue and I know that is all the rage these days, but come on. We are better than cloak and dagger attacks of our own brothers and sisters on social media.

I read TJs post again yesterday.

I just don't see what you see.

Tennessee Bishop was wrong then - he's wrong now.

He only reposted photos/quotes that the gay affirming church and the Lee professor's wife proudly posted. I just don't see how that is slander.

slan·der

noun LAW

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

I haven't seen the posts, only what the AB of TN has said vs. what TJ has said. At the end of the day, if TJ posted those photos to malign the reputation of another member, professor or not, he has to answer for it. Especially if the offended member can produce real evidence that the post was intende to malign his reputation and did-- which based on the comments here on Acts and FB is absolutely the case. People are already saying that Lee allows gay affirming profs, etc. based on this photo and post. That is text book defamation, slander if the media was used to create a false narrative, and at its best gossip unbecoming a fellow member.

TJ made a speech about how the COG may be faltering on its stance against LGBTQ lifestyle. The TN AB made it abundantly clear in his video that this is not what this is about. This is about slander. This is about doing their due diligence to get to the bottom of the offense. Keyboard warriors beware. This is how the real world works.

It has to not be true to be slander. I still want to see what the untrue part was. Perhaps before commenting again - go read the ACTUAL post for yourself instead of hearsay.

He only used others posts - he didn't fabricate anything.

And as far as Lee having gay affirming profs - that ship sailed a long time ago when a dean marched around town in a parade wearing a vagina hat. Then Lee named a building after her.

The slander would be in equating or implying his attendance at this church is support and promotion of LGBTQ lifestyle at Lee. If that was done, and that is not the case, then that is slander. And if its not slander, its defamation. And if its not defamation its gossip. Posting candid photos of a controversial matter in a forum for pastors is risky business. I am not an excellent pastor apparently. lol. Perhaps someone should screenshot and share the posts here. But beware, that might make you guilty of slander as well.

Sorry man. Your love of the Tennessee Bishop clouds your common sense.

TJs post stated a fact that he took communion at a gay affirming church - which his wife just became a member of. And asked if Lee administration has a problem with that? It said nothing more or nothing less.

Not even remotely slander - as everything is a fact.

Defamation may have occurred - but that was by the professors own actions - all of which were proudly posted online long before TJ posted anything. There were not any secrets revealed.

If someone snapped a photo of NBF heading into a FSU football game wearing a Seminole jersey with Aaron Scott - and he proudly posted it online - but then a Gator booster reposted it - it would certainly defame me, embarrass me and I would no longer be invited to Gator Growl - but can I really blame the person that simply reposted it? Absolutely not. A reasonable person would agree that the defamation was all of my own doing. Pointing it out is not defamation.

Gossip - taking secrets and sharing them - or making untrue statements behind someone's back - simply didn't occur.

Quit being lazy and find the actual post yourself - it isn't hard.

Perhaps if you quit brown nosing the Tennessee AB for another appointment in Cleveland - for a redundant job that should never exist in the first place - you could see this accurately.

Evil or Very Mad
2/20/24 11:26 am

Post fire-starter

Perhaps if you quit brown nosing the Tennessee AB for another appointment in Cleveland - for a redundant job that should never exist in the first place - you could see this accurately.

Evil or Very Mad

Feel free to link the post if it is public. From my understanding this happened on an exclusive private COG pastor's page. I have a different definition of gossip than you. Any time you make public anything that could be sorted out in a private conversation, or was already sorted out in a private conversation, is gossip.

And yes, it is slander if you post a candid photo and promote a narrative in the post or the comments that hurts the reputation of another. And if its not slander, then the brothers can sort that at a hearing. That is why we have procedures and protocols.

I am not a fan of any AB. Some are good. Some are terrible. I know nothing about Bro. Dority. What I do know is that he either blatantly lied in that video he made, or there was some major spin from TJ envoking the culture wars in an ecclesisastical manner.
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/24 1:51 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

Feel free to link the post if it is public. From my understanding this happened on an exclusive private COG pastor's page. I have a different definition of gossip than you. Any time you make public anything that could be sorted out in a private conversation, or was already sorted out in a private conversation, is gossip.

And yes, it is slander if you post a candid photo and promote a narrative in the post or the comments that hurts the reputation of another. And if its not slander, then the brothers can sort that at a hearing. That is why we have procedures and protocols.

I am not a fan of any AB. Some are good. Some are terrible. I know nothing about Bro. Dority. What I do know is that he either blatantly lied in that video he made, or there was some major spin from TJ envoking the culture wars in an ecclesisastical manner.

You really should read TJs post. It's not my job to look it up for you. It can be found. Spend some of your time on researching that instead of shilling for Dority.

You don't know what gossip is. TJ just retweeted a publicly posted example of one of MANY problems at Lee. He posted many examples over a period of time - with no action being done except for a "we will appoint a committee" lip service.

His problem is the leadership of Lee University - allowing students, admins and professors to do what is right in their own eyes, instead of adhering to standards the Lee purports to live by.

This professor was just one example of many TJ used - in the attempt to show the problems are widespread. The example was fair game since the professor posted it - as well as his "nuanced" theology.

The church needs to rise up against this stuff. TJ didn't create any problems. He has just been pointing them out. He is a whistleblower.

Were all real sorry that this professor tweeted what he had been up to lately - but that was HIS mistake. He should delete twitter (or 'X') if he doesn't want anything he tweets to be retweeted. That is what twitter is. Does this make sense ("you retweeted my tweet - so you gossiped/slandered/hurt my feelings".) That position is just ludicrous.

How Dority didn't laugh this out of his office shows he is a lousy leader.

Don't post again until you review the true facts first. You are making me tired with your inaccuracies.
2/20/24 2:41 pm

Post jimmybee
Nature Boy is so welcoming.

Just like the real Nature Boy. Always wants to fight until the end.

Too bad, the Nature Boy Ric Flair is now an old, flabby, shell of the man he used to be.

Is that why you are so bitter now NBF - time has passed you (and Actscelerate) by and your not an "Excellent Minister"? Get a life Twisted Evil
2/20/24 3:08 pm

Post fire-starter
fire-starter wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

You really should read TJs post. It's not my job to look it up for you. It can be found. Spend some of your time on researching that instead of shilling for Dority.

You don't know what gossip is. TJ just retweeted a publicly posted example of one of MANY problems at Lee. He posted many examples over a period of time - with no action being done except for a "we will appoint a committee" lip service.

His problem is the leadership of Lee University - allowing students, admins and professors to do what is right in their own eyes, instead of adhering to standards the Lee purports to live by.

This professor was just one example of many TJ used - in the attempt to show the problems are widespread. The example was fair game since the professor posted it - as well as his "nuanced" theology.

The church needs to rise up against this stuff. TJ didn't create any problems. He has just been pointing them out. He is a whistleblower.

Were all real sorry that this professor tweeted what he had been up to lately - but that was HIS mistake. He should delete twitter (or 'X') if he doesn't want anything he tweets to be retweeted. That is what twitter is. Does this make sense ("you retweeted my tweet - so you gossiped/slandered/hurt my feelings".) That position is just ludicrous.

Don't post again until you review the true facts first. You are making me tired with your inaccuracies.

So he posted a photo of himself at an open and affirming church with his wife, and then TJ (or others) took it and shared on another group forum asking "is this okay," and that is not slander? I totally disagree. The question, even if rhetorical, is setting a narrative that the prof goes to a church with his wife, therefore he must agree with what the church teaches. If that is not the case, then it is slander to continue to imply that narrative. Its at least close enough to slander to be investigated. I need no other "facts" than that.

TJ video was spin or the TN AB was spin. One says its about LGBTQ, the other says its about slander. One is right, one is wrong. Should be easy to prove since all the evidence is online and "public" on a private secure FB group for COG pastors who are excellent.
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/24 3:28 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:
fire-starter wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

So he posted a photo of himself at an open and affirming church with his wife, and then TJ (or others) took it and shared on another group forum asking "is this okay," and that is not slander? I totally disagree. The question, even if rhetorical, is setting a narrative that the prof goes to a church with his wife, therefore he must agree with what the church teaches. If that is not the case, then it is slander to continue to imply that narrative. Its at least close enough to slander to be investigated. I need no other "facts" than that.

TJ video was spin or the TN AB was spin. One says its about LGBTQ, the other says its about slander. One is right, one is wrong. Should be easy to prove since all the evidence is online and "public" on a private secure FB group for COG pastors who are excellent.

I posted the actual definition of slander - what is your definition? It seems you are not very educated on slander.

Last edited by Nature Boy Florida on 2/20/24 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
2/20/24 3:31 pm

Post jimmybee
The General asked for SILENCE by the Excellent Ministers. I guess Actscelerate doesn't honor that request! New Member
2/20/24 3:32 pm

Post fire-starter

I posted a definition of slander - what is your definition.

Defining slander is not easy, which is why it is rarely won in court trials. Most attorneys won't touch it unless it is very high profile. It's a bit like good dancing. I don't know how to define it, but I know it when I see it. Could I prove it a hearing, probably not. That doesn't change what it looks like or what the intent was.

Keyboard warriors sharing candid photos and implying something is amiss or something is suspicous is conduct unbecoming a Christian in my opinion, even more so for ministers. It's not that hard to see really.

Last edited by fire-starter on 2/20/24 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/24 3:36 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
jimmybee wrote:
The General asked for SILENCE by the Excellent Ministers. I guess Actscelerate doesn't honor that request!

General Patton.
General Schwarzkopf.

What General are you talking about?

Jimmybee - I can't be silent when the COG is railroading a good man.

If we had General in the COG - he would have stopped this foolishness long ago.

Last edited by Nature Boy Florida on 2/20/24 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
2/20/24 3:36 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:

Defining slander is not easy...I don't know how to define it

Ah - exactly. It means what you want it to mean. I guess you can never be wrong then. Thanks for clearing that up.
2/20/24 3:39 pm

Post fire-starter
fire-starter wrote:

Ah - exactly. It means what you want it to mean. I guess you can never be wrong then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thaks for the edit. The spin game is definitely strong in the COG. Do they teach that in MIP?
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/24 3:41 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:
fire-starter wrote:

Thaks for the edit. The spin game is definitely strong in the COG. Do they teach that in MIP?

No edit - I just eliminated the superfluous stuff. Was there a definition of slander in your post. I missed it.
2/20/24 3:44 pm

Post jimmybee
BE SILENT New Member
2/20/24 3:45 pm

Post fire-starter
fire-starter wrote:
fire-starter wrote:

No edit - I just eliminated the superfluous stuff. Was there a definition of slander in your post. I missed it.

And political too. What is your definition of "edit?" lol

<NB edits post. Fire calls it out. NB says "I didn't edit.><end political correctness>

You must have been in the COG a while! I bow to your expertise. You know as good as I do that there is a definition and you know it when you see it. Tbh I am surprised an elder in the church doesn't see the issue with using technology to malign fellow members. Oh well. The answer is there, let those with eyes see and ears hear. Peace.
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/24 3:47 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
jimmybee wrote:
BE SILENT

If the GO asked you to pull the license of a man trying to clean up Cleveland, would you do it? I guess you would.

That request for silence is wrong. Injustice needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.
2/20/24 3:50 pm

Post jimmybee
HU SH New Member
2/20/24 3:53 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
jimmybee wrote:
HU SH

You Cleveland boys better get out the firehoses. It's not going to happen.

No person is your friend who demands your silence. Alice Walker
2/20/24 4:05 pm

Post jimmybee
[quote="Nature Boy Florida"]
jimmybee wrote:
HU SH

IT STINKS

SSSHHH
2/20/24 4:09 pm

Post jimmybee
....... (quiet) ........ New Member
2/20/24 4:11 pm

Post Two things... Aaron Scott
First, if NBF was caught going to an FSU game, even the most stalwart bull gator would have to admit that he has taken a BIG STEP UPWARDS.

Of course, if anyone saw me with NBF, it would ruin my reputation, since NBF is just one small step above the debil he's self!

Second, if something is TRUE, it CANNOT be slander. Even if spoken with the worst of intentions. Further, what Travis posted would not be slander, since it is WRITTEN. It would be libel (if it were untrue).
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/20/24 6:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic