Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I'm asking the obvious question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nature Boy Florida
Jimmybee has 5 posts. Mighty Army not many more.

They are shills in the take down of Travis Johnson.

Lee has had a problem for a while.

We name buildings after professors that parade around in vagina hats at pro abortion marches.

TJ simply has wanted Lee to clean up their act. They refuse and have professors leading their families to pro abortion/LGBTQ churches.

Jimmybee and Mighty Army looking the other way are the problem.
1/10/24 7:08 am

Post Re: Dual State Pastor jimmybee
Carolyn Smith wrote:
jimmybee wrote:
Travis Johnson is listed as pastor of Memphis-Pathway Church Southaven Campus on the Tennessee Church of God website. If you click the most recent detailed statistical report, you will see his name listed. His churches in Alabama report to Alabama, and the Southaven church reports to Tennessee.

Therefore, if the accuser is in Tennessee they would go through the Tennessee office and not Alabama due to his pastoral status in the state.

https://www.cogtn.org/church-statistics

That's odd, since that campus is in MS.

https://pathwaychurch.us/locations-service-times

In MS but reports to TN. Look at the statistical reports.
1/10/24 9:35 am

Post jimmybee
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

We name buildings after professors that parade around in vagina hats at pro abortion marches.

TJ simply has wanted Lee to clean up their act. They refuse and have professors leading their families to pro abortion/LGBTQ churches.

Sorry to strike a nerve with you NBF...you remind me of the real NBF....love to dish it but can't take it back

You said "Get us some names - so we can put them up on a wall of shame."

But it's ok for you to say that since you have so many posts and have been here for years.....
1/10/24 9:39 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
jimmybee wrote:

Sorry to strike a nerve with you NBF...you remind me of the real NBF....love to dish it but can't take it back

You said "Get us some names - so we can put them up on a wall of shame."

But it's ok for you to say that since you have so many posts and have been here for years.....

I do have more posts than you do. We agree on that, at least.

We do know the name of the overseer that empaneled an inquiry board.

So that's one name.
1/10/24 12:47 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Would that be the State Overseer of Tennessee?

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/10/24 1:30 pm

Post Mighty Army Aaron Scott
Mighty Army wrote:
So, a prof at Lee cannot allow his spouse to attend an Episcopal church and is not allowed to attend and take communion? That’s what the fuss is about? While preachers attend events considered “worldly” all the time and nothing is ever said? A preacher can literally attend a concert by a secular band and a professor can’t attend a Christian church? Really?

This is so ludicrous that it’s hard to believe.

Wrong on several counts.

Certainly a professor can "allow" his/her spouse to attend an Episcopal Church. Shoot, a professor's spouse might not even be saved!

But THE PROFESSOR must not--DARE NOT--partake. Not if you want to work for the Church of God. I don't apologize for that a bit. If they stand in opposition to our beliefs, let them go elsewhere to live, teach, attend, etc.

While it might be that a Church of God preacher should not attend a secular concert, there is a large difference between that and the affirmation of a lifestyle that God considers abominable, destroying a civilization because of it.

It's not about attending "a church." It's about attending an apostate church. If a professor wants to attend a Baptist church, that's one thing. But to attend--and take communion--at a church that actively embraces the godless reasoning about genderism and the whole LGBTQR+ package, that's a different thing altogether.
1/10/24 2:50 pm

Post NBF--AGREED! They are shills. Aaron Scott

1/10/24 2:52 pm

Post Re: Mighty Army jimmybee
Aaron Scott wrote:
Mighty Army wrote:
So, a prof at Lee cannot allow his spouse to attend an Episcopal church and is not allowed to attend and take communion? That’s what the fuss is about? While preachers attend events considered “worldly” all the time and nothing is ever said? A preacher can literally attend a concert by a secular band and a professor can’t attend a Christian church? Really?

This is so ludicrous that it’s hard to believe.

Wrong on several counts.

Certainly a professor can "allow" his/her spouse to attend an Episcopal Church. Shoot, a professor's spouse might not even be saved!

But THE PROFESSOR must not--DARE NOT--partake. Not if you want to work for the Church of God. I don't apologize for that a bit. If they stand in opposition to our beliefs, let them go elsewhere to live, teach, attend, etc.

While it might be that a Church of God preacher should not attend a secular concert, there is a large difference between that and the affirmation of a lifestyle that God considers abominable, destroying a civilization because of it.

It's not about attending "a church." It's about attending an apostate church. If a professor wants to attend a Baptist church, that's one thing. But to attend--and take communion--at a church that actively embraces the godless reasoning about genderism and the whole LGBTQR+ package, that's a different thing altogether.

As I asked earlier in another post, can you help provide a list of approved churches that are no Church of God for professors to attend?

Which Presbyterian churches are GTG (good to go)? What about the Methodist ones? I know the rainbow flag out front means we shouldn't set foot on the property - but if they don't have a flag flying, should someone ask at the door the greeter their stance?
1/10/24 3:09 pm

Post Re: NBF--AGREED! They are shills. jimmybee
Aaron Scott wrote:

Thanks for the name calling!

shill - an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

I don't think that's what I am, but you prove my point. Anyone that stands at a disagreement in the way this has been handled is attacked. Kudos for supporting the cause!
1/10/24 3:13 pm

Post UncleJD
A couple of posters intent on muddying the water but its not happening. This is not some poor innocent act that was done in the privacy of a marriage, its blatant defiance and has been going on at Lee for years. Its payback for the attempt to promote adherence to COG doctrine, plain and simple and to pretend otherwise is laughable. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/10/24 4:42 pm

Post jimmybee
UncleJD wrote:
A couple of posters intent on muddying the water but its not happening. This is not some poor innocent act that was done in the privacy of a marriage, its blatant defiance and has been going on at Lee for years. Its payback for the attempt to promote adherence to COG doctrine, plain and simple and to pretend otherwise is laughable.

How is it done publicly? Did the professor rent a billboard? Did he run commercials? All I have seen is that he put it on his personal Facebook page, that is private and only his friends could have seen it.

I guess your opinion of privacy is different than mine, which you are entitled to.
No one is muddying the water. It's a difference of opinion.
1/10/24 5:31 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Uncle JD is correct.

www.spwc.church
1/10/24 6:31 pm

Post Bro Bob
Uncle JD is correct. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/10/24 7:19 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I stand with uncleJD.

And this is indeed payback.

We know the accuser has two cohorts - since they came on here. I wonder how many more are cheering this sham on.

If this was the only person Travis called out - it would be one thing. He called out all the instances of this type of stuff occurring - and it implicated every administrator at Lee that looked the other way the past few years.

That is sure to make folks angry.
1/11/24 9:03 am

Post The Devil Doesn't Like the Light! FG Minister
Travis Johnson has turned the light on, and the roaches are scampering. Thank God Travis has a supportive, Biblical church that is standing behind him. I am no longer COG, but if I was, I know who'd be getting my vote for General Overseer! Acts-celerater
1/11/24 9:26 am

Post georgiapath
Bro Bob wrote:
Uncle JD is correct.

yep, absolutely.
Acts-dicted
1/11/24 10:26 am

Post Re: Dual State Pastor Carolyn Smith
jimmybee wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
jimmybee wrote:
Travis Johnson is listed as pastor of Memphis-Pathway Church Southaven Campus on the Tennessee Church of God website. If you click the most recent detailed statistical report, you will see his name listed. His churches in Alabama report to Alabama, and the Southaven church reports to Tennessee.

Therefore, if the accuser is in Tennessee they would go through the Tennessee office and not Alabama due to his pastoral status in the state.

I don't see it on the statistical report.
1/12/24 7:03 am

Post Re: Dual State Pastor jimmybee
Carolyn Smith wrote:
jimmybee wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
jimmybee wrote:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57c0c4de6a4963efc2b89f72/t/654516227c5f434283ec5b03/1699026466099/August+2023+Stats.pdf

Direct link above

Memphis-Patheau Church Southaven Campus-Travis Johnson
1/12/24 7:08 am

Post FLRon
Why would anyone pastor churches in two states? For that matter, why would Cleveland endorse that? I get that it’s a satellite church, but why? What’s to stop a pastor from having satellite churches in a dozen different states?
1/12/24 4:22 pm

Post Re: Dual State Pastor Carolyn Smith
jimmybee wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
jimmybee wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
jimmybee wrote:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57c0c4de6a4963efc2b89f72/t/654516227c5f434283ec5b03/1699026466099/August+2023+Stats.pdf

Direct link above

Memphis-Patheau Church Southaven Campus-Travis Johnson

Thanks. I was looking under Mobile and South Haven. I asked Google to show them to me on a map, and they are only 13 miles apart. Apparently South Haven is considered a suburb of Memphis, so that makes a bit more sense now.
1/12/24 9:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic