Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Wayne Carter gained his reward

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Wayne Carter gained his reward Cojak
Brother Carter our former Florida Pastor has left this earth. Wayne organized and pastored the Eustis Florida 'Praise Cathedral' for 40 years.
He will be missed. He was the last pastor we had that was older than we are. Remember his wife and family in prayer...

Last edited by Cojak on 12/11/23 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/10/23 11:28 am

Post Re: Wayne Carter gained his reward Nature Boy Florida
Cojak wrote:
Brother Carter our former Florida Pastor has left this earth. Wayne organized and pastored the Eustis Florida 'Praise Cathedral' for 30-40 years.
He will be missed. He was the last pastor we had that was older than we are. Remember his wife and family in prayer...

I remember Wayne ran the cafeteria during Youth Camps for a while.

A great guy.
12/11/23 6:40 am

Post Cojak
Wayne's Funeral was standing room only in the Foyer and the over flow rooms where the proceedings were televised. WE parked a 1/4th mile from the crowded lots and streets.
It sure spoke well for him and his memory. Cool
12/13/23 8:52 pm

Post Cojak, I don't know that I knew him (although I'm sure I saw him at campmeetings Aaron Scott
But the loss of any of us weighs increasingly heavy upon my heart. I am happy to know that they are gone on to their reward and are better than they have ever been before...but I am finding fewer and fewer folks with which to talk about old memories.

Or, if they are older folks, they don't have the same sort of memories (e.g., old Florida, Florida campmeetings, old-time Church of God, preacher's kids from back in the day--like you, Cojak, etc.).
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/14/23 1:40 pm

Post Cojak
Bro. Aaron, I did some work for Wayne on their cottage at the FL Camp ground. He did have some stories and memories....
Yes, preachers' kids definitely have some Camp Meeting Memories. A greatg time to buddy with kids who knew what it was like to live in a parsonage...
Smile Smile
12/19/23 7:24 pm

Post Cojak
There is something refreshing about a pastor who is just a man at times. I usually do a blog and Bro. Wayne read it at times. Once I was fussing a little about getting in the shower and forgetting my wash cloth. All that was in there was that silly woven mesh thingee my wife uses, so I tried it.

Wayne called me and said, "Bro Jack if you will get Sherry in the Shower with you to explain the use of that 'thingee' you will gain a new prospective of things."

We got a great laugh out of the incident. I liked to kid him about how nice it was to have a pastor older than I.

Bro. Wayne also said to me when one of the large churches here in Florida folded due to finances, "Brother to be honest most COG pastors are great folk however some are POOR money managers."

I have found that to be true. Crying or Very sad
12/26/23 7:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic