Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Are Pentacostals aging out like K-Mart and Sears?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post georgiapath
I don't want my groceries delivered to my house nor want them loaded in my car. I want to go in and see what I'm buying. I've watched the people that are filling the orders, they pick up the first thing they see.

I also am not going to self checkout, I get paid to do my job and I do it well. I am not going to do somebody else's job that they get paid to do.

There I said it. lol
Acts-dicted
6/15/23 12:02 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
georgiapath wrote:
I don't want my groceries delivered to my house nor want them loaded in my car. I want to go in and see what I'm buying. I've watched the people that are filling the orders, they pick up the first thing they see.

I also am not going to self checkout, I get paid to do my job and I do it well. I am not going to do somebody else's job that they get paid to do.

There I said it. lol

I guess you take a horse and buggy there, as well?

I see a lot of guys on facebook complaining about self checkout - and I hope your members don't see your posts - cause you look like a moron.

Times change.

A lot of programmers have earned money over the years making the store experience better. Hopefully saving the retailer money - so they can pass it on to you. Cashiers are on the way out like the telephone operators a few decades ago.

Get delivery. WalMart has a liberal refund policy if something you order isn't up to expectations.

Embrace it.
6/15/23 12:58 pm

Post sheepdogandy
You embrace it.

georgiapath is right.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/15/23 2:50 pm

Post The way I figure it... Aaron Scott
If I'm going to have to check-out my own groceries, then I expect to be paid to do so. That can come in the form of either a credit for the next time I come...or a percentage off of my grocery bill this time, etc.

Yes, times change. But this is not really about a change in times...but an attempt by Walmart of make even more money but getting rid of cashiers. Would you be good with putting out your own fire instead of having a fire department (well, yeah, you probably would...because you're a doofus!).

Walmart already has part of the salary of their workers paid by the federal government in the form of food stamps and the such (i.e., by Walmart not paying it's people enough). Try not paying for your groceries and you'll find that this game only is played one way: With you the loser. In other words, it's find if Walmart doesn't pay YOU to do Walmart work, but not for you to not pay Walmart.

The only way to get even is by never returning our grocery carts to the cart corral, but instead, driving them to the far end of the parking lot and leaving them there! (SMILE)
6/15/23 3:33 pm

Post Re: The way I figure it... Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
If I'm going to have to check-out my own groceries, then I expect to be paid to do so. That can come in the form of either a credit for the next time I come...or a percentage off of my grocery bill this time, etc.

Yes, times change. But this is not really about a change in times...but an attempt by Walmart of make even more money but getting rid of cashiers. Would you be good with putting out your own fire instead of having a fire department (well, yeah, you probably would...because you're a doofus!).

Walmart already has part of the salary of their workers paid by the federal government in the form of food stamps and the such (i.e., by Walmart not paying it's people enough). Try not paying for your groceries and you'll find that this game only is played one way: With you the loser. In other words, it's find if Walmart doesn't pay YOU to do Walmart work, but not for you to not pay Walmart.

The only way to get even is by never returning our grocery carts to the cart corral, but instead, driving them to the far end of the parking lot and leaving them there! (SMILE)

Cashiers are going away.

Does APPLE pay YOU because you look up the phone numbers you want to call - when you used to have an operator look that up for you.

Of course not. You pay even more.

And cry me a river over underpaid employees needing food stamps. How about making themselves better and getting a better job? Every job doesn't pay the same. Make yourself more valuable so you can get paid more. At least this way all the former cashiers can get those management jobs somewhere that pay the big bucks instead of being stuck as a cashier.

Get with the times.

Pat Boone isn't packing out concerts anymore.

Taylor Swift is.
6/16/23 6:46 am

Post Re: The way I figure it... Aaron Scott
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

Cashiers are going away.

Does APPLE pay YOU because you look up the phone numbers you want to call - when you used to have an operator look that up for you.

Of course not. You pay even more.

And cry me a river over underpaid employees needing food stamps. How about making themselves better and getting a better job? Every job doesn't pay the same. Make yourself more valuable so you can get paid more. At least this way all the former cashiers can get those management jobs somewhere that pay the big bucks instead of being stuck as a cashier.

Get with the times.

Pat Boone isn't packing out concerts anymore.

Taylor Swift is.

I wouldn't know about this Taylor Swift thing...because I'm a MAN. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
6/16/23 2:02 pm

Post georgiapath
Embrace it.[/quote]

nope, ain't going to do it.

BTW I was a telephone operator decades ago. Laughing Laughing Laughing Went on to a much better job, that I still have.
Acts-dicted
6/16/23 6:47 pm

Post Amen, Georgiapath! Aaron Scott
NBF is a sour and VERY OLD man. He amuses himself by being diligent about seeking opportunities to be a jerk.

Unfortunately, I know him. Worse, he's a friend. I hope that one day he fully surrenders his life, but until then, we are left with regularly rebuking him and, if necessary, running him over with a Walmart grocery cart.

(SMILE)
6/17/23 1:49 am

Post Re: Amen, Georgiapath! georgiapath
Aaron Scott wrote:
NBF is a sour and VERY OLD man. He amuses himself by being diligent about seeking opportunities to be a jerk.

Unfortunately, I know him. Worse, he's a friend. I hope that one day he fully surrenders his life, but until then, we are left with regularly rebuking him and, if necessary, running him over with a Walmart grocery cart.

(SMILE)

Laughing
Acts-dicted
6/17/23 9:23 am

Post Cojak
I have been sorta deflated lately. Not feeling well and also have a heavy heart. I have enjoyed your comments, all of them. We DO have a right for an opinion.
We would appreciate you continued prayers....

God is GOOD, Life for a fact is tough.... Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/17/23 9:47 pm

Post Cojak
sorry for the duplication. New computer, new system, OLD MAN! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
6/17/23 9:47 pm

Post georgiapath
Cojak wrote:
I have been sorta deflated lately. Not feeling well and also have a heavy heart. I have enjoyed your comments, all of them. We DO have a right for an opinion.

Praying for you, life is tough for us all.
Acts-dicted
6/18/23 2:38 pm

Post georgiapath
Happy Father's day to all, hope you had a great day. Acts-dicted
6/19/23 4:07 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Cojak wrote:

Yes.

Prayed for you today!
6/19/23 5:54 am

Post Re: Amen, Georgiapath! Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:

(SMILE)

Sadly, mostly true. Evil or Very Mad
6/19/23 5:55 am

Post Link
The non-denominational style, with the dark lights and CCM music churches seem to be growing. A lot of Pentecostal churches go in that direction. I think there are some aspects of old style Pentecostalism that deserve to die out (I don't mean people of course, just culture) but some definitely needs to be preserved.

Some things to preserve and restore from Pentecostal churches:

* Preserving/restoring actual preaching of the cross and resurrection, not 'not religion it's relationship' speeches without the cross.
* Bible teaching on popular topics as opposed to avoiding topics (on sexuality, divorce, etc.) out of fear they might scare people away.
* Allowing and encouraging genuine tongues and interpretation in the assembly.
* Allowing testimonies and other edifying speech from the congregation.
* Preserve a more egalitarian culture toward pastors/church leaders, as seen with the old 'Brother so and so' as opposed to using honorific titles like 'Pastor' (or father, rabbi, master as in Matthew 23.)
* Preserving/restoring the practice of regular, non-salaried members having opportunities to lead ministries as opposed to giving it all to professional staff of megachurches.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/16/23 5:25 pm

Post Cojak
You guys have made some 'deep' and good comments. It is good to see idea's from some other angle. You have mentioned praying for me, THANKs I admire, respect and appreciate you guys that are here. to tell the truth I am in the early stages of Alzheimer's and I accept that if that is God's will for my life. I and my wife have been hit with a sledgehammer here in our mid 80s. I hoped to continue to travel and visit wonderful Christian folks throughout the USA, but a son's legal battle has been over our heads for 2 LONGGGGG years now.

I JUST wanted to tell you guys how much I appreciate reading your minds when you put them on display here on ACTS, some of you guys are pretty sharp I hope to come back here. when I get my head half straight.

Keep on working for the Kingdom.
jACK
9/21/23 8:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic