Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Here is a question

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Here is a question Isa 58:12
Should Christians celebrate Chanukah that has historical and biblical references, Or keep celebrating Christmas, which has no biblical reference?
12/11/22 5:24 am

Post Isa 58:12
Come on Bible scholars, and Layman, let’s talk about this, This is really neat because in the whole story of Hanukkah shows what’s going on right now in the world, I thought I would have some takers on this
12/12/22 6:39 pm

Post Cojak
I see no reason NOT to have a day to celebrate the birth of our Lord here on Earth. WE, Christians, bring to their remembrance HIS birth and celebrate the GREATEST BIRTH that ever was.
The Angels sang, why shouldn't we?
Nobody has a Birthday Party until they are born, therefore it could not nave been before.

Just saying, from my point of view, it is a GREAT idea to take time to celebrate his arrival...

(to clarify, I have no degree, nor knowledge to discuss something like this in depth. Just using our lives presently and common sense, for a layman)
Embarassed Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/12/22 9:20 pm

Post Christmas 4thgeneration
To say Christmas has no biblical reference is to ignore the entire story of the birth of Jesus. Try Matthew 1. Try Luke 2. Try Galatians 4:4-7. I think you'll find plenty of biblical reference to the birth of Jesus, which we celebrate on Christmas day. Acts Enthusiast
12/19/22 2:21 pm

Post What Biblical references? Mat
"Chanukah that has historical and biblical references" - I don't remember Moses giving "Chanukah" as one of the feast in the Law? I thought Chanukah was after the canon of the Old Testament (Masoretic text) was established.

If Chanukah is a feast of lights that happens in the month on our current calendars called December, well as a Christian (who was a Gentile), my feast of lights is Jesus.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
12/20/22 7:33 am

Post FLRon
Christmas is certainly celebrated at our house. It is a day to reflect upon God’s greatest gift to man, his Son Jesus Christ.

To celebrate a Jewish holiday would be stepping backwards, something I will never do.
12/21/22 4:09 pm

Post I don't know of a single reference in the Bible to Hanukkah Aaron Scott
As for celebrating Christmas, we are not commanded to, of course. However, if the angels were rejoicing, perhaps we can too. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/22/22 10:11 am

Post Jesus did go to ... Mat
John 10 tells us Jesus did go to the temple during the feast of "Chanukah" - However, John records Jesus saying He is the light of the World and even in chapter 10, Jesus tells the Jews at the temple that if you have seen Him you've seen the Father (as they are one).

Chanukah is a celebration of a Jewish battle victory against the Greeks around 160BC, after which the temple was cleansed from the Greek influences. This may explain why there was conflict in the Book of Acts between the Christians who spoke Greek and the Christians who spoke Hebrew in the Jerusalem church. All were Jewish, but those who spoke Hebrew felt they were more Jewish, and thus more Christian, then those who spoke Greek. Much like those Judaizers of today who think we Christians who don't keep the feast are less Christian than they are.

It seems that celebrating Chanukah today is a slap in the face of the Father, as there is no temple, the Jewish people are in general very secular and liberal (like Sam Bankman-Fried & George Soros to name a couple). I will celebrate when the temple is rebuilt and the Jewish state of Israel turns to God and away from being the liberal godless nation it has become. Did you know Tel Aviv is called the "gay capital of the Middle East"?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
12/23/22 11:00 am

Post That bad news about Jews... Aaron Scott
The bad news about the Jews is that they are going to the same hell that Muslims, Hindus, and Atheists are going to...unless they accept Jesus.

And for Christians to cling to those things that are CLEARLY done away with in the New Testament is tantamount to a Muslim getting saved and trying to cling to Ramadan, the Hajj, etc.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/26/22 11:14 am

Post Re: Here is a question Link
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Should Christians celebrate Chanukah that has historical and biblical references, Or keep celebrating Christmas, which has no biblical reference?

There is no Biblical command to celebrate Hanukah, but if you want to, go for it.

The date of Christmas seems to be 'theologically derived' based on the assumption that Jesus was conceived the day He died, calculated using a Roman calendar. It seems rather unlikely. I've heard 'theologically derived' arguments that Jesus was born at the Feast of Tabernacles, but I read the story about staying in a stable not an inn, as opposed to a sukkah.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/26/22 11:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic