Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I just read where Doyle passed ...I'm shocked

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I just read where Doyle passed ...I'm shocked Dean Steenburgh
It's true I haven't read ACTS in several months & I never heard that this happened until just moments ago.
I knew Doyle & he was a good friend but I've had an unusually busy few months.
My busy-ness is not the issue here but I feel bad for not calling him back when I was suppose to.
Doyle's sister lived close by & as he would come through Modesto to visit his local family we would meet up for breakfast.
The visits were always too short!

Around the turn of the year he called me a couple times & asked me to write some stories about the ministry of the CoG in California.
His dad had been a pastor here & we had a lot in common in terms of churches, friends & certain memories.
Unfortunately too many issues sidelined my best efforts & I back burnered getting back to Doyle & for that I'm so sorry for lagging.

You don't have to read them nor do you have to respond to them but if you don't mind I would like to post a few things over the next few months (Lord willing) to fulfill the promise I made to Doyle upon his request.

My heart hurts a little right now upon reading the old news from March, but I can hear him laughing at me for not getting back to him right away & he would probably tell me a short story about he himself being twice as busy ...which I'm positive he was.
Blessings!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/17/22 11:33 pm

Post Re: I just read where Doyle passed ...I'm shocked shaunbwilson
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
You don't have to read them nor do you have to respond to them but if you don't mind I would like to post a few things over the next few months (Lord willing) to fulfill the promise I made to Doyle upon his request.

I would love this, Dean. I'm in a similar situation. He had emailed me a few weeks before he passed, asking me if I would update the board on what had been happening with World Class Cities since I last shared at the beginning of the year. He was always such an encouragement. Like you, time got away from me, and I hadn't made the time to email him back before he passed. Like you, I still plan to post what he asked me to post. I would love to read what he encouraged you to write.
7/18/22 10:04 am

Post Dean, go right ahead.... Aaron Scott
I don't think Doyle would want this board to wither away. The Church of God FB site (The Excellent Ministry of the Church of God) would have never existed, I don't think, without Doyle breaking the way. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/18/22 10:42 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Thx guys, I'll do it in honor of our dear friend & yes his ministry was as an ambassador of encouragement to the body of Christ.
I use that title with all due respect as my mentor (Pastor Earl Self) who is 93 on this next birthday coming up, claims he is the encouragement ambassador to the body of Christ.
I get a kick out of Pastor Self & his keen memory of all the churches he planted.
Once again thanks guys, I'll put some stuff together.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/18/22 7:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic