Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What system or methodology do you use in voting for EC or Council of 18?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What system or methodology do you use in voting for EC or Council of 18? FLRon
Looking at the other thread about this topic got me to wondering about it from a different perspective. When you cast your vote for a particular person, do you know them personally? Do you personally know their life in and out of the church? Do you vote based upon the recommendations of your fellow ministers? Do you throw a dart at a board of names? Do you just go with the flow and vote for whomever is popular at the time? How much time is spent in serious prayer about your choices?

Full disclosure: I have no dog in the hunt other than I tithe every week to my local CoG and work about 30 hours weekly doing various ministry tasks for our church. I have no say or vote and am entirely dependent upon those of you who do have a vote to see that the appointments being made are done so only after proper vetting has taken place.

Anyone?
7/6/22 7:56 pm

Post LonghornFan
There are a few factors to me.

1. Do I know them personally?
2. Are they seasoned in ministry (Have they pastored various size churches)?
3. Have they proven themselves as an effective shepherd and leader?
4. Is it obvious that God's hand is upon their life?
5. Are they electable? (Do they have enough name recognition that my vote will make a difference?)
6. Are they conservative theologically?
7. Are they a pastor or have they had experience as a pastor?

I will admit that some on my list will probably not get enough votes to make the position, but I will still vote for them because they fill the requirements of the first 4 that I listed above.
Friendly Face
7/6/22 9:38 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic