Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

COG Bylaws Proposed Changes for GA22 (link)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Da Sheik
Just one more step on the road to apostasy for the COG. There is absolutely no precedent for women pastors in the Bible. The whole Bishop controversy is a secondary issue IMHO. Acts Enthusiast
6/20/22 7:26 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Da Sheik wrote:
Just one more step on the road to apostasy for the COG. There is absolutely no precedent for women pastors in the Bible. The whole Bishop controversy is a secondary issue IMHO.

I don't know that I would want to go on record in comparing apostasy to allowing women to be ordained in ministry ...huge stretch of legalism & lacking in ecclesiastical grounds once you granted authority over 100 years ago to teach.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/25/22 8:45 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Just a view from the window looking in:
Since we're basing a lot of this from a bible perspective, please consider a few things.

In bible times & Jewish culture from some 2,000+ years ago, consider that the role of women in any form of worship was limited.

Women in our brand new Christian movement were isolated to one side of the room with men on the other. Are you willing to do that in your church today?
If a woman had a question or a comment she was to remain silent & seek out her husband for the best answer/reply. Are you willing to do that in your church today?
Women could not adorn themselves with style/fashion/jewelry/hairstyle etc. w/out being compared to Jezebel. Are you willing to do that in your church today?

If a woman cannot serve over a man in a church worship session then at what age of accountability do we suggest setting the bar for boys to become men?
We wouldn't want to violate the code of conduct set forth by the N.T.

Since we're looking at the N.T. for our authority (I'm for that) we might consider that a lot of what they did out of sanction & protocol was most likely based on their own culture ...do you think their own culture has made any progress or advances in the last 2,000 years or do you think they still hold women back from being useful & productive in worship?

Joel might have said it best in chapter 2 when he stated, " ...your son's & daughter's will prophecy ..."
Kind of hard to prophecy in a ministerial setting if your denomination won't give you a platform all because you were born a girl.

(Just for the record, my aunt, CoG Rev. Gladys Steenburgh, married to Bishop J.H. Steenburgh, was Ray H. Hughes Sunday School teacher as he was growing up ...I sure hope she didn't hinder his ministry career)

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/25/22 9:17 pm

Post Da Sheik
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
I don't know that I would want to go on record in comparing apostasy to allowing women to be ordained in ministry ...huge stretch of legalism & lacking in ecclesiastical grounds once you granted authority over 100 years ago to teach.

What you call legalism, I call being true to the scriptures. God's roles for men and women were defined in Creation and Satan has been busy ever since trying to undo that. God's design in Creation is that men should lead their families. The New Testament continues that theme.

The whole debate about the term Bishop is a red herring. Deep down we know that women should not be bishops. That's why we try to cling to some kind of orthodoxy in this matter by voting down the measure each time. I can understand the frustration of those who advocate for women bishops even though I completely disagree with their position. It's ludicrous to say women can pastor churches but not be granted equal rights of men pastors.

The truth is that women should not be pastors at all. That's not chauvinism. It is the plain and clear exegesis of the New Testament. But just be patient because this will come up again, and again, and again until it finally passes.
Acts Enthusiast
7/28/22 9:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic