Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

STILL MINISTERING 30 Yrs. after "UTTER DESPAIR" & "Reaching my own end."

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post STILL MINISTERING 30 Yrs. after "UTTER DESPAIR" & "Reaching my own end." News & Views
ONE OF OUR Actscelerate Posters, replied to an article about a Minister who committed suicide. In his reply, he spoke about how he himself had gone through a time "Too dark to speak of."

We felt his Post was so meaningful, we brought it here in hopes more Viewers would see it. In particular, notice Paragraph Three of his post shown below.

VIEWER'S POST
"I do not pretend to understand the vast complexities surrounding death by suicide, particularly when it happens to someone who has been a pastor or an active church member. Furthermore I have never been in the camp of those who believe suicide is an automatic ticket to Hell, preferring to leave that up to the Almighty.

When a person commits suicide it should elicit from us an outpouring of deep sympathy and love for that person as well as their family members left to deal with the devastation. It is not the time to put on our hat of judgment and condemnation. The fact that any person could reach the point of absolute hopelessness should grieve our hearts, especially if we knew that person.

I remain eternally grateful for the COG pastor in Tennessee that I randomly called at one in the morning some 30 years ago when I had reached my own end. In my utter despair and in a way I will never understand this side of glory, God guided me to call a random number of a church secretary who then took my number and called her pastor at one in the morning. That man gave me an hour of his precious time to speak love into my tortured soul, bringing me back from a place too dark to speak of.
2/13/22 5:53 pm

Post What an incredible testimony! Aaron Scott
I was blessed to read this. If nothing else, it lets us know that others have been to just as dark of places as we have been. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/14/22 8:11 am

Post Re: What an incredible testimony! Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
I was blessed to read this. If nothing else, it lets us know that others have been to just as dark of places as we have been.

Amen and Amen! Shocked Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/17/22 10:02 am

Post georgiapath
I have never been there, thank God. I have never known anyone personally that committed suicide either.

I do know some family's that have been thru it, and I know how devastated they were.
Acts-dicted
4/6/22 10:38 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic