Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Where is a good place to be alone with God?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Where is a good place to be alone with God? Cojak
A few years ago our oldest son rededicated his life to the Lord. He has worked all his life he has now retired and on SS alone, but has no debts.

He told me he felt like he needed to take 40 days, fast, read the Scriptures and pray.
He asked, "Where would be best to not be interrupted?"

My reply was the BLM area around Gila Bend, AZ. The parking is free, but of course just desert and no amenities.
He drove his van out there set up for sleeping. He just called, he will complete the 40 in 11 more days. He has been coming in weekly to a truck stop for baths and water, no food.

I haven't asked, but am sure he has had vitamins. He says he feels wonderful and has been BLESSED. Now I am here to tell you that for me. 3 days fasting is tough. i did a week once in my 20s.

I'm proud of my son. I received such a great letter from him the other day. Describing his time alone with the Lord. Amazing. We send mail Gen Delivery.

There is no brag in him, just humility . He didn't brag, but I am proud of him. He will do something for the Kingdom one day, some church will be blessed methinks.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/4/22 8:08 pm

Post georgiapath
I am so proud for him and for you. Acts-dicted
2/5/22 9:56 am

Post AMEN! Aaron Scott
That is wonderful news.

I didn't know where he lived, but my favorite places have been Wimauma Campgrounds and Fields of the Wood.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/5/22 8:49 pm

Post Cojak
I was just asked why I suggested Black Lives Matter! For everyone's information I have known BLM was Bureau of Land Management for years. It is government land. Camping is free in many areas.
My son lives in North CArolina, there is no desert there, so he decided to go West. When he finishes his fast, he will go on up to UTAH and visit with his son and grand daughter who live in Clearfield.
He visited many churches and ministries on the way out. WE just talked to him again a few minutes ago. He is being blessed sitting in the sun and reading his Bible.

He has had a lot of wind the last couple days and had to remain in the van except for his morning fire. He said the wind actually stopped while he had his fire.... Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/5/22 9:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic