Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

RISE Conference Reflections | 2022 General Assembly Thoughts

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post RISE Conference Reflections | 2022 General Assembly Thoughts MartyBaker
Over the last couple of days, I have been reflecting on the recent RISE Conference at CityLife Church. It was incredible. Every speaker challenged us and encouraged us to be serve Christ and the Church in greater ways. I appreciated Bishop Tim Hill’s session where he laid hands and prayed over practically every one in attendance!

I also appreciated the Executive Committee’s involvement in this local church conference. They were present … talking and praying with pastors. I appreciate Pastor Tony Stewart for providing this opportunity for all of us. It is a glimpse into his heart for the local church.

I left the conference thinking about the General Assembly this summer. I know that there will be one spot open on the Executive Committee. There are so many qualified leaders, pastors and administrators that could fill that spot. I understand the importance of continuance of the denomination. A leader with the experience of Tim Hill ensures us that the church will be strong moving forward.

Let’s be practical for a moment. What if we elected traditional candidates to four of the positions and nominated a pastor to fill one of the spots on the Executive Committee?

I believe that a fresh pastoral voice would help navigate our church as we move forward and would strengthen the leadership team at General Headquarters. I want you to think about it.

Let me go one step further, I believe that Pastor Tony Stewart (not sure he’s even comfortable with me suggesting this) would be a great leader to serve on the Executive Committee.

Pastor Tony understands our heritage and he also knows how to grow a spirit-filled church. He’s already shown a capacity for leadership as chairman of a previous council of 18 so let’s add a pastoral voice this General Assembly!
3/7/22 9:06 am

Post MrSippi
I think Tony would be an excellent choice for the Executive Committee! I do not know him personally, but it would seem to me that there is no-one in his generation who has accomplished more in effective leadership. I think it is great to nominate those who have proven to be effective leaders. As I look at the Church of God, I see many fresh and incredible leaders who are prepared to lead us where we have not been:

Marty Baker
Scott Sheppard
Travis Johnson
David Smith
Kevin McGlamery
Jason Daughdrill
Rick Whitter

The list is long!
Friendly Face
3/9/22 5:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic