Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Star NFL QB supposedly CoG in background, remains shacked up with girlfriend

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Star NFL QB supposedly CoG in background, remains shacked up with girlfriend Quiet Wyatt
He says he wants to glorify God in all he does. I’ve heard CoG ministers talk about how great it is that he is CoG and is such a great QB. Why is he given a pass on this by professing Christians, and by many CoG folks even? What possible good reason could he and his fiancée have for continuing to live in sexual immorality? One can have all the fame and fortune of the world, be as charming as can be, but still end up damned.

By the way, this is all public knowledge, not gossip. He refers to her as his fiancée. All this can be easily confirmed by a quick search of his own statements on the internet. I am not saying his name because it’s not necessary. I believe this is just another example of how lax Christian standards have become in our day.

Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge. Heb 13:4 NKJV

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 1/26/22 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/22 8:56 am

Post Cojak
Since I do not follow NFL nor watch sports I was at a loss, so I searched Christian Quarter backs. I assume one of these must be the subject:

Some of the top Quarterbacks in the NFL have one thing in common – they call Jesus Christ their Savior and Lord, and they’re not ashamed to talk about it.

Among these top quarterbacks are the two leaders of the 2018 Super Bowl-winning Philadelphia Eagles, Nick Foles and Carson Wentz, West Michigan’s Kirk Cousins with the Minnesota Vikings, the #1 NFL passer Drew Brees, Case Keenum with the Washington Redskins, Derek Carr with Oakland, Aaron Rodgers with the Green Bay Packers, Russell Wilson with the Seattle Seahawks, Phillip Rivers with the San Diego Chargers, and Andy Dalton with the Cincinnatti Bengals.

I was surprised at the # of men, Quarterbacks, who did not deny the Lord.

I actually know of only one QB and that is Brady because his name is in the news all the time. Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/26/22 11:39 am

Post caseyleejones
Mahomes Acts-perienced Poster
1/27/22 7:13 pm

Post FLRon
In my opinion he’s given a free pass because in today’s society living together before marriage is no longer considered taboo as it once was. Like most everything else, that mindset has crept into the church, yes, even the Church of God, and some pastors willingly turn a blind eye to it.

Of course it is a sinful lifestyle, but sinful lifestyles abound in the church in varying degrees. Always have, always will as long as people make up the church. I’m pretty sure that if the quarterback in question has a COG background that he knows better than to live this way.

Best to lift him up in prayer before the Lord in hopes he will repent and get his heart right.
1/28/22 8:23 am

Post I don't care ... Mat
I don't care if a quarterback from KC has a COG background or not. I've never been a fan of KC, no matter who the QB is or where he's from. One day the defensive lineman are going to catch and crush that QB, no matter how great ESPN makes him out to be.

On the subject of people "shacking-up" who claim to be Christian. It is becoming wide-spread in the pews and will one day be accepted in the pulpit. This is partly a result of the church not making a distinction between a Christian Union in the eyes of God and a civil contract. Even today, just because two people have a marriage license issued by the state does not make them joined together as one by God.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
1/28/22 8:57 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic