Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Church position description

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Church position description FLRon
I’d like to read from some of the esteemed pastors here what they consider the primary responsibilities of an Associate Pastor. Please, I’m not looking for “whatever the lead pastor doesn’t want to do”.
I’m looking for specifics please.
Thank you
1/25/22 4:32 pm

Post Preacher777
I don't know how esteemed I am but if we were able to hire an associate pastor would want to find somebody whose strengths relate to my weaknesses. My thoughts are that if we have a ministry team and I feel my talents put me at running back I would want to bring on some hefty agile offensive linemen. I really believe a humble pastor with a shepherd's heart realizes other men and women are gifted more than the pastor and his wife in certain areas.

I know unsaved people who have family businesses and they have the sense to know which family member should sell, handle customer complaints and who has administrative gifts. Hopefully a pastor can combine the same common sense with the leading of the Holy Spirit. I know this is not real specific but I have learned to share what is in my heart rather than making something up to look intelligent Smile
Friendly Face
1/26/22 8:20 am

Post FLRon
Preacher777 wrote:
I don't know how esteemed I am but if we were able to hire an associate pastor would want to find somebody whose strengths relate to my weaknesses. My thoughts are that if we have a ministry team and I feel my talents put me at running back I would want to bring on some hefty agile offensive linemen. I really believe a humble pastor with a shepherd's heart realizes other men and women are gifted more than the pastor and his wife in certain areas.

I know unsaved people who have family businesses and they have the sense to know which family member should sell, handle customer complaints and who has administrative gifts. Hopefully a pastor can combine the same common sense with the leading of the Holy Spirit. I know this is not real specific but I have learned to share what is in my heart rather than making something up to look intelligent Smile

Lot of wisdom in your words, especially that last sentence.
1/26/22 5:19 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I suppose it depends on what the lead pastor is looking for. In my experience as an associate pastor under three different pastors, my duties ranged from teaching classes, leading worship, occasionally preaching, helping with weddings and funerals, administrative work, and so forth. I should add that most of my associate pastoring was while I was also working full time at a secular job, so I was only employed part-time with the church at most, sometimes strictly volunteer.

I would definitely sit down with the lead pastor before accepting a position to get a good idea of what would be expected of me.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/22 7:12 pm

Post FLRon
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I suppose it depends on what the lead pastor is looking for. In my experience as an associate pastor under three different pastors, my duties ranged from teaching classes, leading worship, occasionally preaching, helping with weddings and funerals, administrative work, and so forth. I should add that most of my associate pastoring was while I was also working full time at a secular job, so I was only employed part-time with the church at most, sometimes strictly volunteer.

I would definitely sit down with the lead pastor before accepting a position to get a good idea of what would be expected of me.

That’s a pretty good list I think.
1/27/22 1:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic