Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Parkinson disease question

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Parkinson disease question Dow Moses
100 years ago, when someone was not able to eat or drink, nature took its course and they passed away. Today, if a person gets to the place they can’t feed themselves, if they have a living will, can they just be placed on comfort meds and let nature take it’s course? Also, would you consider that suicide or nature?
12/13/21 9:22 pm

Post Re: Parkinson disease question Cojak
Dow Moses wrote:
Also, would you consider that suicide or nature?

I do not consider it suicide, but let me tell you, it is tough on the living to WATCH a person 'starve' to death. I watched two sisters of mine who chose that, and it was tough.
but no, that is letting nature take its course but subduing the pain.
A BIL was the last, he actually required no assistance for pain. He just said, "No more. No meds, No Doctors, I am ready to go, please, just let me go." If he had pain he did not show it. Allof them left with a smile. One sister said, " OH it is so Bright." then she closed her eyes. WE have some choices, I think.

Life and its ending, ............ Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/13/21 11:00 pm

Post Re: Parkinson disease question caseyleejones
Dow Moses wrote:
100 years ago, when someone was not able to eat or drink, nature took its course and they passed away. Today, if a person gets to the place they can’t feed themselves, if they have a living will, can they just be placed on comfort meds and let nature take it’s course? Also, would you consider that suicide or nature?

Good question. My mother had cancer. They continued to up her meds to help alleviate pain. There was that tipping point where the cancer was so bad that what she died of could have been meds. It is common.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/16/21 9:27 pm

Post Medical Marijuana and Parkinsons Aaron Scott
I saw a very dramatic video of some with very bad Parkinson's disease be able to feed themselves, etc., within, say, an hour of taking medical marijuana.

They were amazed also. Some diseases are such that we are not truly prolonging life, but simply delaying death, with medications. But some, perhaps Parkinsons, can be addressed and provide a very good quality of life that permits a person to go on, perhaps for many years.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/17/21 9:45 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic