Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Need help with Tennessee info - oldest son is looking at moving to Hendersonville

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Need help with Tennessee info - oldest son is looking at moving to Hendersonville Dean Steenburgh
So my oldest son & his wife are looking to leave Calif & Tennessee is his top choice so far.
His wife found Hendersonville in a Google search & loved what she saw.
I encouraged him to also check out Knoxville, Chattanooga & other areas near Nashville.
My daughter lived in Cleveland for a little over 4 years & she suggested he stay away from Memphis but in the end she liked my suggestions.
I basically know zero about Tenn., so can some of you S/E folks give us some suggestions for a Californian wanting to set up roots near you??
He & his wife are 39 with no kids, she is a restaurant manager & he is an accounts rep for a large security company.
They can basically live anywhere they want & will be looking for a house with a pool in the $300K-$400K range unless they can find a great bargain Smile
The whole family is headed out there in early November to help them do some searches of real estate.
They love the water so any rivers, creeks, lakes are all a big plus.
Thanks in advance.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/21/21 9:23 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I don't know much about the area, but a friend from church just moved there to Hendersonville, mainly to become involved with Adam & Amanda Crabb's church, Restoring Hope. She is a young, single gal, and she is loving it! God is moving and awesome things are happening there in the church.

I've visited the Cleveland/Chattanooga area a couple of times. It is gorgeous there, but the traffic is a lot worse than I expected. Kevin Wallace's ministry (Redemption to the Nations) is in Chatt and Perry Stone & Judy Jacobs both have ministries in Cleveland.

That's about all I know...Smile Hope it goes well for your family!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/22/21 5:41 am

Post UncleJD
I'm not from Tennessee but I visit often. I personally love the Sevier County area the best, but to live, Hendersonville or any area around Nasheville is probably the best because of the economy there. The South side of Nasheville is probably too expensive these days, so if Hendersonville is more affordable, it sounds like he's already chosen a great place. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/22/21 9:47 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
UncleJD wrote:
I'm not from Tennessee but I visit often. I personally love the Sevier County area the best, but to live, Hendersonville or any area around Nasheville is probably the best because of the economy there. The South side of Nasheville is probably too expensive these days, so if Hendersonville is more affordable, it sounds like he's already chosen a great place.

What part of the state is Sevier County in?
Any big cities in that area?

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/23/21 12:14 am

Post UncleJD
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
I'm not from Tennessee but I visit often. I personally love the Sevier County area the best, but to live, Hendersonville or any area around Nasheville is probably the best because of the economy there. The South side of Nasheville is probably too expensive these days, so if Hendersonville is more affordable, it sounds like he's already chosen a great place.

What part of the state is Sevier County in?
Any big cities in that area?

About 3.5 hours due east of Nashville. Its one county east of Knox (Knoxville), so yeah, Knoxville would be the big city in that area. Sevier is where Sevierville (Church of God Home For Children), Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are. Its main industry is tourism, its absolutely beautiful, but for most people Knox County/Knoxville would be more reasonable for work/life, then Sevier would be close by for weekend activities. If I ever left Texas for retirement, Sevier County is at the top of my list.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/23/21 8:02 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Knoxville - close enough to the mountains/tourist areas of East Tennessee - but still a big city. Home to Univ of Tennessee.

Chattanooga - got some things going and live in a suburb - Cleveland Tn.

Nashville. Not my favorite place but lots of folks like the suburbs near there.

I wouldn't do Memphis.
9/23/21 9:00 am

Post East Tennessee... Aaron Scott
First, the mountains. Not necessarily the Smokies, either. Could be the Cumberland Ridge (Pikeville, for instance).

The rivers. Some of the finest rafting on earth is within an hour or two from, say, Cleveland. Ocoee. Chattooga. Nantahala. Hiwassee. And that's just the commercial rivers. You can find a dirt road leading back into the mountains and find a little haven for mostly yourself.

The people. I'm from east Tennessee, need I say more? (NBF, unfortunately, is from the nether regions.)

If you want big-city, well, even Chattanooga or Knoxville don't come across in the same, jaded way of many big cities (including Nashville, in my opinion).

Depending on if they can work from home, etc., they might try Townsend, Sevierville, Maryville, Madisonville, Athens, Etowah, etc. (basically, the run of 411).

Just a bit further west, Cleveland, Chattanooga, Knoxville, etc.

Of course, southwestern NC is also awesome.

I could happily live in my truck so long as I was waking up to the mountains and rivers every morning.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/23/21 10:18 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic