Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Should Lee University be on this list?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Should Lee University be on this list? theedmister
https://www.campuspride.org/worstlist/

This is a list of universities that in their eyes are "unkind" to gays.

Lee is missing.
Friendly Face
9/9/21 3:11 pm

Post Unkind? doyle
What do you mean by "unkind?" I've never heard that Lee University was intentionally unkind to anyone.
9/9/21 5:02 pm

Post Affirming theedmister
I agree. This website would say that Lee is affirming of gays. If you are gay or trans and a "christian" go to Lee. Do not go to the ones listed at the link.

It says a lot about Lees stance. The perception of others is key.
Friendly Face
9/9/21 6:28 pm

Post Those Who Love Them, Do Not AFFIRM Wrong Behavior doyle
Affirming behavior that is strongly NOT AFFIRMED in Scripture, would not be kind whether it is at Lee or anywhere else. It could be deadly to someone's soul.

I believe God loves those precious ones who are involved in lifestyles contrary to what Scripture says. Those who truly love them, care enough to share what Scripture says. I Corinthians 6:9-11 shares some heart-breaking news of where some lifestyles lead.

vs10. "They shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God."

Telling them in a loving way what the Bible says, is not unkind. Allowing people to continue without being made aware of the truth, is both unloving and unkind. In some way or another, most of us have been or are guilty of something on that list; either by thought or deed.

This is not a case of good guys telling bad guys what they are doing wrong. There are NO GOOD GUYS!! (Mark 10:18). "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23).

I have had such a struggle in life with my own sinfulness, until for me to go to Heaven, it was necessary for Jesus to die on the Cross. I feel totally UNWORTHY to be a messenger of God's truth; in ministry because God called me to it, NOT because I deserve to be. So, I don't preach what Doyle says. It won't save anybody. Preach and lovingly teach what God says in Scripture.

All lifestyles can change. "With God, all things are possible."

Paul's statement in I Corinthians 6:11 incredibly HOPEFUL It declares, "SUCH WERE SOME OF YOU." That text has a BIG BUT...which proves that behaviors on the I Corinthians 6:9-11 list CAN CHANGE.

"BUT you are washed, (BUT) you are sanctified (set apart unto God), (BUT) you are justified..." There is hope, but if we affirm behaviors without sharing what Scripture says, they won't know it.

D

Last edited by doyle on 9/10/21 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
9/10/21 4:53 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
The facebook group Overheard at Lee (formerly known as "Gay at Lee") - with 3.9K members - would say that Lee is not gay affirming enough.
9/10/21 6:28 am

Post Questioning theedmister
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
The facebook group Overheard at Lee (formerly known as "Gay at Lee") - with 3.9K members - would say that Lee is not gay affirming enough.

Yes, according the FB group Lee has not done enough. But according to many of the COG pastors Lee is not doing enough to clarify where they stand.

It is better for Lee to be known as a college that has a scriptural stance against trans and homosexual lifestyle than to be a college that is affirming the lifestyle.

To me this is one of those "Choose you this day" moments. Lee has to make up its mind if it is going to be a school representing the values of the COG or a liberal arts school open to any value and affirming any lifestyle. Riding the fence is not what our society needs from the school.
Friendly Face
9/10/21 8:48 am

Post Cojak
Religious Schools should not be so strict as to say that anyone CANNOT attend. We should be able to have a place that WILL expose the truth to ALL.
How can they know if they do not hear?
I am not smart enough to even try to formulate a 'righteous stand' But we do have men who are wise in HIS ways to approach the subject.
I hope a way is reached that allows us to WIN the lost/mislead/confused, and still teach young men and women in the ways of Christ.
Too old to understand today's world and too old to readjust a life time of morals that are controlled by the 10 commandments and my Lord. Embarassed Embarassed
PS Many would say that a college is a place for an education not a center of revival. Can't they co-exist? Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/10/21 10:13 am

Post I agree theedmister
Cojak wrote:
Religious Schools should not be so strict as to say that anyone CANNOT attend. We should be able to have a place that WILL expose the truth to ALL.
How can they know if they do not hear?
I am not smart enough to even try to formulate a 'righteous stand' But we do have men who are wise in HIS ways to approach the subject.
I hope a way is reached that allows us to WIN the lost/mislead/confused, and still teach young men and women in the ways of Christ.
Too old to understand today's world and too old to readjust a life time of morals that are controlled by the 10 commandments and my Lord. Embarassed Embarassed
PS Many would say that a college is a place for an education not a center of revival. Can't they co-exist? Shocked

I agree, as long as that school does not compromise its own values in the process. Lee is a COG sponsored school and must not compromise the values of the COG. This is the issue.
Friendly Face
9/10/21 10:30 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Let's face it - when Lee Professors can openly wear ultra lib vagina hats as they march at protests and support pro abortion stances - and get no repercussions - something ain't right.
9/10/21 12:45 pm

Post WOW! Is there a picture? Mat
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Let's face it - when Lee Professors can openly wear ultra lib vagina hats as they march at protests and support pro abortion stances - and get no repercussions - something ain't right.

WOW! Is there a picture?

I have been following this discussion in a couple of places online. Lee U. may be following the path of other schools (like William and Mary or Harvard) which started out to train ministers in a Bible-centered setting, only to become more and more like the secular schools (only with higher tuition), but that took decades of decline. Lee U. may just have some "loose threads" but the spiritual fabric is in tact.

I do wonder what F. J. Lee would think of the school today which bears his name? Perhaps a name change for the school is called for. How about calling it "Conn University"? Or Conn U. for short.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
9/10/21 4:03 pm

Post Re: WOW! Is there a picture? Rafael D Martinez
Mat wrote:

I do wonder what F. J. Lee would think of the school today which bears his name? Perhaps a name change for the school is called for. How about calling it "Conn University"? Or Conn U. for short.

Mat

A common Lee proverb when I went was that Lee was a campus where Christ was King and Conn was President.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
9/11/21 1:04 am

Post Link
If it is not, why isn't it? Acts-perienced Poster
11/2/21 7:22 pm

Post Re: Those Who Love Them, Do Not AFFIRM Wrong Behavior UncleJD
doyle wrote:
Affirming behavior that is strongly NOT AFFIRMED in Scripture, would not be kind whether it is at Lee or anywhere else. It could be deadly to someone's soul.

I believe God loves those precious ones who are involved in lifestyles contrary to what Scripture says. Those who truly love them, care enough to share what Scripture says. I Corinthians 6:9-11 shares some heart-breaking news of where some lifestyles lead.

vs10. "They shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God."

Telling them in a loving way what the Bible says, is not unkind. Allowing people to continue without being made aware of the truth, is both unloving and unkind. In some way or another, most of us have been or are guilty of something on that list; either by thought or deed.

This is not a case of good guys telling bad guys what they are doing wrong. There are NO GOOD GUYS!! (Mark 10:18). "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23).

I have had such a struggle in life with my own sinfulness, until for me to go to Heaven, it was necessary for Jesus to die on the Cross. I feel totally UNWORTHY to be a messenger of God's truth; in ministry because God called me to it, NOT because I deserve to be. So, I don't preach what Doyle says. It won't save anybody. Preach and lovingly teach what God says in Scripture.

All lifestyles can change. "With God, all things are possible."

Paul's statement in I Corinthians 6:11 incredibly HOPEFUL It declares, "SUCH WERE SOME OF YOU." That text has a BIG BUT...which proves that behaviors on the I Corinthians 6:9-11 list CAN CHANGE.

"BUT you are washed, (BUT) you are sanctified (set apart unto God), (BUT) you are justified..." There is hope, but if we affirm behaviors without sharing what Scripture says, they won't know it.

D

Doyle, while I personally agree with you 100%, and your response IS the Christian one. I have to say that the LGBTQ "community" is 100% against this statement. To them, if you don't "affirm" (love, like, uplift, promote) their actual sin, then you do NOT love them, you HATE them. Sadly, that is where THEY have drawn this line. That said, if your school is not on this list, it either will be, or it has already passed the "we won't call gay sex a sin" test.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/5/21 8:22 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic