Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

To "Cojak & Roughrider." Massive Spirit-Filled Church Sings "On a hill far away..."

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post To "Cojak & Roughrider." Massive Spirit-Filled Church Sings "On a hill far away..." doyle
[b] AFTER RECEIVING the Holy Ghost with Speaking In Tongues, 19-year-old James McConnell went door-to-door in Belfast, Ireland inviting people to come hear him preach his first sermon. Ten showed up at a small rented beer and party hall to hear him. [b]

James had worked for two days picking up beer bottles and half-smoked cigarettes that had been trampled underfoot. He scrubbed the place carefully trying to get the musky beer and cigarette smells under control.

JAMES STARTED a church in 1957. Over the decades, it grew to become the Metropolitan Tabernacle on Whitewell Road in Belfast. It grew to be one of the largest Pentecostal churches in Europe and the largest of any church in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England, the United Kingdom.

Pre-COVID attendance was 7,000 weekly. On one occasion, Pastor McConnell was legally charged with hate speech for preaching against Islam. After years of court proceedings, the case was decided in his favor.
On a Sunday night in one part of Belfast, British troops and members of the Irish Republican Army were clashing in a horrible gun battle. During the same time on the other side of town at "The Tabernacle," 15 young people were being filled with the Spirit with Speaking In Tongues.

Many of the services at the Tabernacle were filmed featuring their congregational singing. The cameras featured the regular folks who came to worship and to sing together.

On YOU-TUBE, type in "Belfast Whitewell Road Metro Tabernacle" and many selections will come up. As Linda and I watched and listened to them sing "The Old Rugged Cross," we could feel the anointing of the singing.

My immediate thought was that you may enjoy it too. In particular, Cojak AND Roughrider came to mind. Both of them enjoy and are blessed by congregational singing. Hope you are too. With earphones it is even more awesome.

"So, I'll CHERISH the Old Rugged Cross..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sBd-VWMYvo

"When I Survey The Wondrous Cross"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krtTzVNeBWY [b]

Doyle
writedoyle@mail.com
404-933-1373.

Last edited by doyle on 9/12/21 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
9/8/21 2:34 pm

Post Cojak
Thanks Doyle, yes that is beautiful and I do love to see and hear a congregation worshipping and serving our Lord. Cool

Also thanks for the education and close up filming, it is good to see that love of Jesus other than here in the USA~!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/10/21 9:53 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic