Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Nobody wants to work in my fields, restaurants, stores, tire shops, offices ...etc.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nobody wants to work in my fields, restaurants, stores, tire shops, offices ...etc. Dean Steenburgh
There is def something going on in this country & it's not good.

Lanny Wolfe wrote a famous song entitled, "My House is Full But My Field is Empty" & it seems like it's getting worse.

Here in California our farms are suffering from a shortage of workers.
We're having a shortage of anyone who is willing to work at any job.
Yesterday (8/13) I called one of our favorite restaurants for a Friday night date with my wife. The owner said, "come on over quick because we close at 7pm.'
She went on to explain that she cannot get anyone to work at her popular hotspot.
We hear the same thing every day at every kind of biz here in Calif.
The tragedy is I hear the words of Lanny Wolfe's song in the church world also.

You've got to know that this isn't going to end well & all it takes is to have church leadership stand up & lead us through repentance.
(Repent, turn away from, walk away, don't do the same wrong things any more!)
Repent for ignoring His call to ministry.
Repent for letting "stuff, dates, events, sports, trips, friends, money ...etc." take the place of being in God's house to worship Him.
Repent for letting the world invade His house & compete for His glory.
Repent for letting culture dictate who we're supposed to be accountable towards.
Repent for dropping the ball on evangelism!!!
The list can actually be endless but we all understand the dire need we're facing.
We need God in a powerful way & we're being led astray w/out even putting up a fight.

In another post I wrote about the tragedy we're facing here in Calif. where we can't find available people to fill our open pulpits.
Nobody in any capacity of any kind is even willing to hear about the awesome opportunities here in the West.
Not even a decent salary can entice a single query.

Don't be surprised when God does something to shake this nation to it's core & point us back to the altar.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/14/21 5:55 pm

Post Re: Nobody wants to work in my fields, restaurants, stores, tire shops, offices ...etc. Carolyn Smith
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Lanny Wolfe wrote a famous song entitled, "My House is Full But My Field is Empty" & it seems like it's getting worse.

Yesterday (8/13) I called one of our favorite restaurants for a Friday night date with my wife. The owner said, "come on over quick because we close at 7pm.'
She went on to explain that she cannot get anyone to work at her popular hotspot.

You've got to know that this isn't going to end well & all it takes is to have church leadership stand up & lead us through repentance.
Repent for letting "stuff, dates, events, sports, trips, friends, money ...etc." take the place of being in God's house to worship Him.
Repent for letting culture dictate who we're supposed to be accountable towards.
The list can actually be endless but we all understand the dire need we're facing.
We need God in a powerful way & we're being led astray w/out even putting up a fight.

In another post I wrote about the tragedy we're facing here in Calif. where we can't find available people to fill our open pulpits.
Nobody in any capacity of any kind is even willing to hear about the awesome opportunities here in the West.

Don't be surprised when God does something to shake this nation to it's core & point us back to the altar.

If COVID hasn't done that, it makes you wonder what will.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/14/21 9:36 pm

Post Re: Nobody wants to work in my fields, restaurants, stores, tire shops, offices ...etc. FLRon
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

It’s only been two or three weeks since my wife sang that song at the end of a Sunday morning sermon from our Pastor. I haven’t been able to get those lyrics out of my mind since then.

When you hear such words and step back to observe, it makes one see very clearly just how far the church has fallen away from God. These are indeed perilous times.
8/17/21 4:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic