Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

More than 50 health care groups issue a joint statement on COVID-19 vaccines among HCW(L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post More than 50 health care groups issue a joint statement on COVID-19 vaccines among HCW(L) shaunbwilson
CNN Reports:
CNN wrote:
As the number of Covid-19 cases surges in the United States, more than 50 health care groups – including the American Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Public Health Association – issued a joint statement calling for all health care and long-term care employers to mandate employees be vaccinated against Covid-19.

“Our health care organizations and societies advocate that all health care and long-term care employers require their workers to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. This is the logical fulfillment of the ethical commitment of all health care workers to put patients as well as residents of long-term care facilities first and take all steps necessary to ensure their health and well-being,” they wrote in the joint statement issued Monday.

“Because of highly contagious variants, including the Delta variant, and significant numbers of unvaccinated people, COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths are once again rising throughout the United States. Vaccination is the primary way to put the pandemic behind us and avoid the return of stringent public health measures,” the statement added.

Joint Statement (link):
Quote:
Joint Statement in Support of COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates for
All Workers in Health and Long-Term Care

Due to the recent COVID-19 surge and the availability of safe and effective vaccines, our health care
organizations and societies advocate that all health care and long-term care employers require their
workers to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. This is the logical fulfillment of the ethical commitment of all
health care workers to put patients as well as residents of long-term care facilities first and take all steps
necessary to ensure their health and well-being.

Because of highly contagious variants, including the Delta variant, and significant numbers of
unvaccinated people, COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths are once again rising throughout the
United States.1 Vaccination is the primary way to put the pandemic behind us and avoid the return of
stringent public health measures.

Unfortunately, many health care and long-term care personnel remain unvaccinated. As we move
towards full FDA approval of the currently available vaccines, all health care workers should get
vaccinated for their own health, and to protect their colleagues, families, residents of long-term care
facilities and patients. This is especially necessary to protect those who are vulnerable, including
unvaccinated children and the immunocompromised. Indeed, this is why many health care and longterm
care organizations already require vaccinations for influenza, hepatitis B, and pertussis.

We call for all health care and long-term care employers to require their
employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

We stand with the growing number of experts and institutions that support the requirement for
universal vaccination of health workers.2,3 While we recognize some workers cannot be vaccinated
because of identified medical reasons and should be exempted from a mandate, they constitute a small
minority of all workers. Employers should consider any applicable state laws on a case-by-case basis.

Existing COVID-19 vaccine mandates have proven effective.4,5 Simultaneously, we recognize the
historical mistrust of health care institutions, including among many in our own health care workforce.
We must continue to address workers’ concerns, engage with marginalized populations, and work with
trusted messengers to improve vaccine acceptance.

As the health care community leads the way in requiring vaccines for our employees, we hope all other
employers across the country will follow our lead and implement effective policies to encourage
vaccination. The health and safety of U.S. workers, families, communities, and the nation depends on it.

SIGNATORIES
(Listed Alphabetically)
Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP)
American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN)
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)
American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
American Academy of Nursing (AAN)
American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI)
American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE)
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN)
American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
American College of Physicians (ACP)
American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM)
American College of Surgeons (ACS)
American Epilepsy Society (AES)
American Medical Association (AMA)
American Nurses Association (ANA)
American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
American Psychiatric Association (APA)
American Public Health Association (APHA)
American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
American Society of Hematology (ASH)
American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
American Thoracic Society (ATS)
Association for Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
Association of Academic Health Centers (AAHC)
Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN)
Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS)
HIV Medicine Association
Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
LeadingAge
National Association of Indian Nurses of America (NAINA)
National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA)
National League for Nursing (NLN)
National Medical Association (NMA)
National Pharmaceutical Association (NPhA)
Nurses Who Vaccinate (NWV)
Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN)
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS)
Philippine Nurses Association of America, Inc (PNAA)
Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO)
Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM)
Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP)
Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR)
Texas Nurses Association (TNA)
The John A. Hartford Foundation
Transcultural Nursing Society (TCNS)
Virgin Islands State Nurses Association (VISNA)
Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN)

1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Covid Data Tracker Weekly Review. July 16, 2021.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html [Accessed 22 July 2021].
2. Weber, D., Al-Tawfiq, J., Babcock, H., Bryant, K., Drees, M., Elshaboury, R., et al. (2021). Multisociety
Statement on COVID-19 Vaccination as a Condition of Employment for Healthcare Personnel. Infection
Control & Hospital Epidemiology, 1-46. doi:10.1017/ice.2021.322
3. American Hospital Association. AHA Policy Statement on Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination of Health Care
Personnel. July 21, 2021. https://www.aha.org/public-comments/2021-07-21-aha-policy-statementmandatory-covid-19-vaccination-health-care
4. Bacon J. ‘Condition of employment’: Hospitals in DC, across the nation follow Houston Methodist in
requiring vaccination for workers. USA Today. Available from:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/06/10/dc-hospitals-others-follow-houstonmethodist-requiring-vaccination/7633481002/ [Accessed 22 July 2021].
5. Paulin E. More Nursing Homes Are Requiring Staff COVID-19 Vaccinations. AARP. Available from:
https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/info-2021/nursing-homes-covid-vaccine-mandate.html
[Accessed 22 July 2021].

7/26/21 12:40 pm

Post Cojak
Definitely a respectable group that signed the endorsement. I have no problem with anyone endorsing or getting the vaccine.

I believe if I was in a group who was susceptible to contacting, I might get the shot. I am not around crowds and I am in very good health and take precautions as advised.

It is a personal thing with me, I just do not take shots. I quit smoking, gave up liquor and beer and eat healthy. I will not knowingly take a shot, not even to get my teeth fixed I about had to force a dentist to do a root canal without a shot.

There are things I refuse, since leaving the military, shots are one.

I will never belittle or condemn anyone who does or does not take the vax.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/26/21 9:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic