Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Our Doc said something that causes us to consider taking the VAX Booster shot.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Our Doc said something that causes us to consider taking the VAX Booster shot. doyle
Here at Actscelerate, we do not tell people to take or not to take the VAX. It's your personal business. Space is provided free to agree or disagree either way. Just click "Reply" and share your heart about it.

Linda and I have received both of the Moderna VAX and the regular yearly flu shot. Both VAX were two weeks apart in February and the flu shot was a month ago. We have taken the flu shot every year for decades because of work and ministry in medical environments.

The first VAX, no problem. The second caused us both to feel "fluish" enough for several days that we stayed home. Now, we are told it is time to take the Booster. Having already had three different injections, there is concern about overload.

Wednesday, I was with our Primary Care doc for a yearly Wellness Check. She said, "The Booster is only one-fourth the potency of the first two VAX. It's role is not to replace what you already received but to extend protection as their efficacy wanes."

She continued, "If you had no major negative reaction to the first two VAX, you should not have any problem with the Booster."

However, over the past year and a half, all of us have learned that simply because a doctor says something, does not mean they have the correct information. So, your input and observations are welcome. At this point I'm leaning toward taking the Booster. WhaChaThink?

D
11/27/21 12:29 am

Post I Had the Booster FG Minister
I also had Moderna with some flu like symptoms after the second injection. I received the booster at the 6-month mark and had severe chills for about 10 hours and then was fine. The pharmacist who administered my booster said she had no reaction to the first two shots of Pfizer, but her booster knocked her for a loop. Everybody is different, but I'm glad I got the booster. It was a day of "misery," but it beats death.

I am aware that some people don't want the vaccine because evidently they prefer embalming fluid to be injected into them after death, instead of the vaccine that could save their lives. That's a choice we all have to make.
Acts-celerater
11/29/21 7:28 am

Post Cojak
I will be 83 next month. I just completed the two Phyzer (?) shots but do not plan the booster at present. I had absolutely NO reaction after either injection. I also have NO underlying problems and take only a multi vitamin daily.

It should be a personal decision and methinks if so much misinformation had not been spread, more folks would have taken the shot.

I do not like the 'ordered' vaccine, but it is what it is. I follow orders pretty well. LOL Although no one ordered me to take it, my VA Dr. made a good point so I took the shots.
Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/29/21 10:47 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
I will be 83 next month. I just completed the two Phyzer (?) shots but do not plan the booster at present. I had absolutely NO reaction after either injection. I also have NO underlying problems and take only a multi vitamin daily.

It should be a personal decision and methinks if so much misinformation had not been spread, more folks would have taken the shot.

I do not like the 'ordered' vaccine, but it is what it is. I follow orders pretty well. LOL Although no one ordered me to take it, my VA Dr. made a good point so I took the shots.
Smile

If you just took the shots, you don't need the booster yet. You are supposed to wait at least six months before getting the booster.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/30/21 5:35 am

Post caseyleejones
Here is my experience.

I am provax
This vax skipped human trials
mRNA could be ground breaking...but see previous
human trials are going on now
The people I know died of covid had comorbidities
I personally know people who died of covid. I know equal if not more who died within 2 weeks of the vax
I know of many people who had bad reactions or permanent physical damage that went unreported. Doctor said they had no way to report.

If you are healthy and at the gym a lot, I wouldn't do it.

If you are older or have comorbidities, you might consider

It is a risk v reward.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/1/21 3:33 pm

Post caseyleejones
BIL was hospitalized due to covid recently in Texas. A recent visit, this is what he told me.
* from the nurses, half the nurses were not vaxed because they saw first hand the effects. They told him that 25% of those in the cardiac ward were a result of the vax
* nurses stated they were under a gag order from the cdc to not talk about the side effects of the vax.

Do with this info you wish. It is hearsay but direct from BIL who was in that hospital.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/4/21 4:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic