Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

AMA survey shows over 96% of doctors fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post AMA survey shows over 96% of doctors fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (L) shaunbwilson
CHICAGO — The American Medical Association (AMA) today released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with no significant difference in vaccination rates across regions. Of the physicians who are not yet vaccinated, an additional 45 percent do plan to get vaccinated.

The national AMA survey is the first to specifically collect data on practicing physicians’ COVID-19 vaccination rates. The survey was conducted June 3–8 and showed an increase of more than 20 percent for physicians who have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 compared to a May 2021 Medscape poll.

“Practicing physicians across the country are leading by example, with an amazing uptake of the COVID-19 vaccines,” said AMA President Susan R. Bailey, MD. “Physicians and clinicians are uniquely positioned to listen to and validate patient concerns, and one of the most powerful anecdotes a physician can offer is that they themselves have been vaccinated. You can take it from your doctor: the COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. With COVID-19 vaccines readily available and approved for all people 12 years old and up, we urge you to get vaccinated—take the single most important step you can to protect yourself, your family, and end the COVID-19 pandemic.”

For months, the AMA has worked to bolster vaccine confidence, reduce vaccine hesitancy and provide physicians with the information and resources they need to answer patient questions. In October, the AMA launched a webinar series, “What Physicians Need to Know,” to ensure physicians are continuously informed about the federal review process for COVID-19 vaccine candidates. The first two webinars featured fact-based insights from the nation’s highest-ranking subject matter experts working to protect public health from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including an overview of the FDA’s vaccine review process and an update from the CDC on COVID-19 vaccine development and distribution. More recently, in the eighth episode, the AMA joined with the de Beaumont Foundation for a webinar to help physicians respond to common vaccine misinformation among patients.

(via the American Medical Association)
7/23/21 9:37 pm

Post Link
Maybe some of them are required to be. I read several months ago about many nurses not wanting to be vaccinated. I wonder what percentage of nurses are vaccinated.

I hear about still being able to get the disease after being vaccinated.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/27/21 12:42 am

Post Hard to Believe! FG Minister
It's hard to believe that these educated men and women of medicine who studied 8 years and then did residencies in hospitals don't know as much as preachers and nurses! Don't these people know the vaccine will kill you or make you grow an extra nostril? I'd rather get my medical advice from TV preachers and uninformed pastors, but that's just me. Acts-celerater
7/28/21 8:55 am

Post Re: Hard to Believe! Cojak
FG Minister wrote:
It's hard to believe that these educated men and women of medicine who studied 8 years and then did residencies in hospitals don't know as much as preachers and nurses! Don't these people know the vaccine will kill you or make you grow an extra nostril? I'd rather get my medical advice from TV preachers and uninformed pastors, but that's just me.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/5/21 8:13 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Wow. Only 4% of Doctors are smart.

Who knew?

I'm going to keep believing the lady on facebook who posts all the correct facts. She knows the shots aren't effective or safe - and posts anecdotes daily to prove it. Sad
8/23/21 6:39 am

Post Cojak
Many of those Doctors were at the bottom of their class, BUT NOT THE MAJORITY!
Yes, over all I still trust my Dr. even if he is a lower paid VA Dr., He is pretty smart and convinced me it would be in my benefit to take the shot, so I did.
Yep, I still trust my Doctor. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/1/21 11:33 pm

Post caseyleejones
What I had read that this is only 96% of the doctors who chose to respond and not all doctors. There were many who chose not to respond. I do believe it is likely over 50% but it is murky at best after 50. Acts-perienced Poster
12/4/21 4:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic