Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

America and Russia should be friends....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post America and Russia should be friends.... Aaron Scott
Many of us are almost hardwired to think badly of Russia. And sometimes Russia has it coming.

But consider that Russia, up until 1917, held the Russian Orthodox Church in high esteem. And now that the USSR has fallen, the Orthodox Church is ascendant.

Now, let's set aside how sincere it all is. I imagine they have similar percentages as we do--i.e., some are sincere, some are half-and-half, the others are just playing a game.

But here's the thing: THAT'S STILL FAR BETTER THAN CHINA!

To me--and I am open to correction--it seems that if we are linking up with another superpower, it should be Russia. They are deeply imperfect. So are we. But I would still think they are a better "fit" with us than China, which is sometimes almost anti-Christian.

If I were leaving America, and I couldn't go to New Zealand or Ireland (both of which have no snakes), I think Russia would be one of the nations I would be most apt to look at next.

According to Wikipedia, about 73% of Russians follow Christianity, while only a little over 5% do so in China.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/3/21 2:32 pm

Post Cojak
Nah, you ever see some of 'em long names you would have to pronounce and spell??? Oh wait, forget that, I remember the Chinese read right to left and besides I'd NEVER be able to spell my name.

But all that aside, choosing someone we MIGHT trust, maybe Russia. I am not sure they can make as much stuff as China though, I never read "Made in Russia" on anything. But again I think we should see more stuff 'Made in America!'
Maybe easing away from China would force that.
(I think I sound like a preacher taking a scripture out of context and preaching an hour, SORRY!) Shocked Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/3/21 8:31 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Weren't we on the same side in WWII?

When have we been on the same side as China?
8/4/21 6:52 am

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Weren't we on the same side in WWII?

When have we been on the same side as China?

WWII
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/5/21 11:43 am

Post My point... Aaron Scott
We are almost always at odds with Russia. What if, instead of that approach, we went at it as both nations have large Christians populations?

We have somewhat abrasive relations with China. But if we joined together with Russia and formed a mega-power, that might be something worthwhile to explore. But instead we bond with NATO nations that are often near-godless.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/5/21 1:27 pm

Post Link
I remember being in church as a 12-year-old at Family Worship Center in Baton Rouge, where Jimmy Swaggart was talking about how Russians were so against the Christian faith. He was talking about the need for prayer in schools.

Fast forward to the early 2000's and I read that Russian Orthodox priests were teaching Christianity in Russian schools. I wouldn't be surprised if ethnic Russians prayed the Lord's prayer in their equivalent of public schools now. And we do not have (state sanctioned) prayer in public schools here. I just found it ironic.

I also hear Eastern Orthodox can be a bit hostile toward Pentecostalism.

Btw, there is a movement that is sort of like Pentecostal out of Russia and some of the regions to the south of it. To the Russian Orthodox they were kind of like what Protestants are to Catholics. One group was kind of like SDAs with a lot of law-keeping. The other group are kind of like Quakers and Pentecostals mixed together in their beliefs and practices. They are called the 'jumpers' for jumping up and down while they speak in tongues. The meetings and some of their other beliefs are similar to Quaker as I recall. These groups are called Molokans. Both groups may have bet in homes. The Russian Orthodox called them that for drinking milk during Lent. In response, they pointed out that Peter wrote to desire the sincere milk of the word.

The Shekarian family, if I recall correctly, from the Full Gospel Business Men, were from this kind of religious background. Apparently a boy-prophet warned Armenians to flee, which some of them did and went to LA, before the Turks massacred so many Armenians. Some of the 'Molokan jumpers' were at Azusa Street.

'Molokan jumpers' are secretive about their meetings, also. So it is unlikely to find a recording.
Acts-perienced Poster
8/11/21 2:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic