Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Hate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Hate Wimauma
I've read some of the posts about the Muslim response to the cartoons. I am confused as to how the attitude of hate and destruction lines up with our Christian beliefs? I don't remember reading in the Bible about conditions that are placed on who we are to love. None of us deserved the forgiveness we gain through Christ and yet we are granted grace. I am even more confused as to how many come in support of those expressing hateful messages.
2/8/06 8:20 pm

Post Wimauma, Now There's A Name BV COG
I've been there for Camp Meeting!

Acts-dicted
2/8/06 8:22 pm

Post Rotten Eggs smell AtlantaBishop
I went to that campground once and WOW - did it STINK! Lord have mercy - it REEKED of that Sulfur Rotten Egg Smell! I ain't been back!
Did they ever get that fixed or did y'all just learn to live with the smell!
2/8/06 8:31 pm

Post Re: Hate Memory03
Wimauma wrote:
I've read some of the posts about the Muslim response to the cartoons. I am confused as to how the attitude of hate and destruction lines up with our Christian beliefs? I don't remember reading in the Bible about conditions that are placed on who we are to love. None of us deserved the forgiveness we gain through Christ and yet we are granted grace. I am even more confused as to how many come in support of those expressing hateful messages.

And I remember GOD telling Saul to kill everyone and everything that breathed in the enemies camp, to remove their whole group from existence. The terrorist plaguing Israel now just might be their descendants or not.

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/8/06 8:33 pm

Post I'm an X-Marine.. c6thplayer1
need I convey any of my feelings about these muslims terrorist.. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/8/06 9:22 pm

Post c6thplayer: I Would Like To Hear Your Views BV COG
I have a deep respect for those who serve and have served our country.

Acts-dicted
2/8/06 9:35 pm

Post Its not hate Nature Boy Florida
Its pro-choice. We choose to abort a growing menace before it harms our grandchildren.
2/8/06 10:56 pm

Post Re: Hate Wimauma
I was thinking more about this today. Again, I am amazed at how easily we excuse violence and hate. I'm not talking about us as Americans. I'm talking about us as Christians.

I served in the Air Force. I worked with people from the Army, Navy and the Marine Corps and respect the sacrifices they all made and the sacrifices those serving today make. I am not trying to make this a political discussion, or even about the current situation in Iran. I am asking how Christians justify the attitude of hate in dealing with the lost souls.

As far as God directing Saul to kill everything, I see where God took a man that was trying to wipe out His people and made him into the person that wrote such a large chunk of the New Testament.

Aren't we supposed to try to win them to Christ, not wipe them out?
2/9/06 6:51 pm

Post If there are no conditions on love M T Head
Can't we hate and hurt and correct?

Hate and Love aren't exclusive.
2/9/06 7:00 pm

Post Which Saul? Porpoise Driven Neptune
Wimauma wrote:

As far as God directing Saul to kill everything, I see where God took a man that was trying to wipe out His people and made him into the person that wrote such a large chunk of the New Testament.

Aren't we supposed to try to win them to Christ, not wipe them out?

I think they're referring to King Saul in the Old Testament.
Acts-celerater
2/9/06 7:07 pm

Post Re: Hate notwanghere
If we view the Muslims, and indeed all men as being the objects of the love of God in Christ, it should affect our attitude? Stop, view the cross and know that Christ died for them! If you love Jesus you MUST love those He loves! To do otherwise is to move one outside out of the orthodox Church.

All our pontificating matters not a twit if we can't love others as ourselves.

I have been very disappointed in the anger directed towards others by some on this board. But I guess what Billy Sunday said is true, "Sitting in Church doesn't make you a Christian any more than sitting in a garage makes you a car."
Acts Enthusiast
2/9/06 7:10 pm

Post hey c6th Neal
My son is in the Marines now! You know how I feel!! New Member
2/9/06 7:50 pm

Post wimauma.... it's sad philunderwood
wimauma,
your post underscores something that is a lingering problem in Christendom. we eschew the nature of Christ for the spirit of the world. we are no different from the them when we speak words encouraging their extermination from the earth and cheer their entrance into hell.
as for the posters who used old testament speech, they do not divide the Word correctly. we are in the age of God's grace that did not exist even in Jesus' day that way it did after the Cross.
until we love the world, we will lose the world.
one reason i am coming to feel less and less like i am part of the organized church is the overarching feeling i feel that it recruits people to a religion and not a relationship. despite what they say on the surface, underneath a lot of what i see, sense, and hear is a religion of acceptance based on behavior. this is why we treat the world as we do.
the bible i own said that Christ died for me while i was yet a sinner; he loved me before i loved him; he embraced me; caused my acceptance; endowed me with a legal righteousness; and destined me to be like him.
every arab, muslim, terrorist, sinner, ....person, is seen by God the same way i am. until i see them as He does i cannot effectively be the Body of Christ.
i wonder how they do it.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/9/06 8:03 pm

Post Phil notwanghere
Thank-you for your uplifting post. I am genuinely grieved by the hate espoused by some. The Christian message of giving ourselves for the cause of Christ has been replaced by a feeling that we are more loved by Christ because we are blessed.

I read some who take great joy in their attempt to denigrate the term liberal. Well Jesus was a liberal. Not in the Ted Kennedy definition but in the self sacrificial message. When Paul said that he would give up his own salvation if it meant the salvation of Israel he was expressing the true heart of a Christian.

I agree with you. Many do not rightly divide the Word into Covenants, and ignore that what the terms of the contract between God and man were under law have no bearing in our present covenant.

Phil, thanks for your post!
Acts Enthusiast
2/9/06 8:27 pm

Post Re: Phil Land of Middle Girth
notwanghere wrote:
Thank-you for your uplifting post. I am genuinely grieved by the hate espoused by some. The Christian message of giving ourselves for the cause of Christ has been replaced by a feeling that we are more loved by Christ because we are blessed.

I read some who take great joy in their attempt to denigrate the term liberal. Well Jesus was a liberal. Not in the Ted Kennedy definition but in the self sacrificial message. When Paul said that he would give up his own salvation if it meant the salvation of Israel he was expressing the true heart of a Christian.

I agree with you. Many do not rightly divide the Word into Covenants, and ignore that what the terms of the contract between God and man were under law have no bearing in our present covenant.

Phil, thanks for your post!

Liberal = Self-sacrificing? Right.
Acts Enthusiast
2/10/06 1:02 am

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post Land notwanghere
I know God loves liberals. The Bible says he loves a "liberal" giver, not a "conservative" giver.

I hope your liberal too.

Surprised
Acts Enthusiast
2/10/06 1:29 pm

Post Dear pacifists Nature Boy Florida
Your right to freedom of religion was bought by some of our guys KILLING the other guys. We don't live in a perfect world. Sometimes it is necessary - <gasp> - even for Christians to bear arms and protect our families and our Christian way of life.

Sorry to burst the bubble.

If need be, you can move to France. They don't fight for anything and Muslims have overrun the country.

I guess they'll want us to bail them out again.
2/10/06 2:00 pm

Post One of my favorite parts of "The Patriot"... roughridercog
was when the pastor took off his powdered wig and picked up his musket. Everyone looked at him in amazement and he said (in paraphrase), "When a wolf gets into the flock, sometimes the shepherd has to go take care of the problem."

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

If they are seeking the life of my wife, my son, my friend, or members of my nation, it's time for war.
Acts Mod
2/10/06 2:39 pm

Post what gives? philunderwood
no one is advocating not bearing arms in protective measures. we are talking about an attitude of hatred and loathing toward humanity in a generalized fashion.

yes, liberal does mean self-sacrificing in many extents. so does conservative when one conserves others for the greater good. no greater love.... rings a bell.

for terms of broad definition and people groups to be bandied about as if they were garbage is a travesty to a Christ-follower. even in the face of danger and terror compassion should flow from our hearts.

if i were shot at, would i defend myself or my family? of course. but, i will love my attacker before and after. i do not and would not just treat him as an expendable waste.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/10/06 4:41 pm

Post Re: Land Land of Middle Girth
notwanghere wrote:
I know God loves liberals. The Bible says he loves a "liberal" giver, not a "conservative" giver.

I hope your liberal too.

Surprised

It is one thing to give on your own, even without crediting it to yourself. It is quite another thing for the government to threaten me with a gun if I don't give the government money to re-distribute to someone else. I'm sure you realize that God wants us to give cheerfully, and willingly of our own accord, not the government's. If our giving is forced, then we are not allowed the right to give on our own.

Forgive me if I am redundant, or the post drones on, but I have been up for 27 hours now. And thank you for the prayers, the flight went as good as could be expected.
Acts Enthusiast
2/10/06 9:00 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic