Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Snortin' Diluted Peroxide to Cure/Prevent Colds

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Snortin' Diluted Peroxide to Cure/Prevent Colds Link
I read on a website a number of years ago that you could snort diluted peroxide to keep yourself from getting a cold or to treat certain sinus problems. I've tried this and it seems to work.

Sometimes I'll feel a cold coming on, usually a soreness in back of the nasal area where post-nasal drip would come from. If I catch it quick enough, peroxide seems to knock it you.

Look up the formula online, if you choose, and if you do it at your own risk, but I saw about 1 part peroxide from the brown bottle for topical use, and 5 parts boiled water with a pinch of salt in it. Basically, it's saline solution with peroxide. Honestly, I don't usually boil the water. I figure if you can drink it, it's probably clean enough for your nose. I've never died from a nose full of water at the pool, ocean, or lake. I would boil it if I were in a country where the water isn't potable.

What I've also done is buy saline nasal spray, spray out a bit of saline, and fill up the cap with peroxide and suck it back up into the bottle and shake it.

Don't turn your head back to keep it from getting in the inner ear. I read you are supposed to prostrate, kneel down with your head forward on the ground and squirt a bit up your nose. I try to slosh it around and pull it through to it the sore spots in the nose.

Usually when I do this, I don't get the cold. I can't really remember the last time I had a cold. I probably do the peroxide thing once or twice a year if I feel a cold coming on. Once I was too late and a cough had developed. I wouldn't want to try peroxide on a cough, nor would I know how to go about it.

In terms of science, it makes sense. If the cold is bacterial, peroxide kills bacterial. Snorting diluted peroxide makes the nose inhospitable for the newly growing bacteria.

Peroxide is also good for sanitizing tooth brushes that have been sitting out with bacteria growing on them from the food your brushed off your teeth several hours ago.
1/9/16 7:53 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
You should always boil any water you are going to use like that. Your esophagus and stomach contain digestive mechanisms that neutralize harmful bacteria, which your sinuses lack. Snorting tap water is a very good way to die if it happens to contain the wrong bacteria that day. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/9/16 9:23 pm

Post Deadly brain amoeba infects US tap water for the first time c6thplayer1
Yeah thats something I want to do.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/deadly-brain-amoeba-infects-first-us-drinking-water-system-8C11172643
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/9/16 9:39 pm

Post Cojak
Hey Link, YOu know that Corn or Jack Daniels works much better without the danger of peroxide that might accidentally invade the stomach and kill them good bacterias also.

I used to attend Jail services with a wonderful Old man (in his 60's) He would get wound up preaching against alcohol and end with something like this, "It is my business you drinking and driving, endangering my wife and family. I am against liquor in ANY FORM.............. unless you are using it as medicine!" I could always see those guys taking some Jack DAniels for their cold that was coming on! Embarassed (1959 Biloxi, MS city Jail)
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/9/16 10:45 pm

Post Cojak
I meant to ask, "Are you talking about those Netty Pot do hickees?"
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/9/16 10:47 pm

Post Link
Cojak wrote:
Hey Link, YOu know that Corn or Jack Daniels works much better without the danger of peroxide that might accidentally invade the stomach and kill them good bacterias also.

I'd be afraid it might dry out the sinuses a bit.
1/10/16 12:49 am

Post Link
Dave Dorsey wrote:
You should always boil any water you are going to use like that. Your esophagus and stomach contain digestive mechanisms that neutralize harmful bacteria, which your sinuses lack. Snorting tap water is a very good way to die if it happens to contain the wrong bacteria that day.

That's probably a good idea, but peroxide would probably kill a lot of bacteria.
1/10/16 12:50 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic