Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What has evolved in my theology?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What has evolved in my theology? Eddie Robbins
I was thinking about this the other day. I believe most everybody reading this right now has changed a view or two throughout their Christian life, especially if it involves a long time. I have, perhaps, changed more views than most of you but it's always with a sincere heart and never disqualifying anything about who Jesus is. It is the foundation that we have in common that allows us to be brothers and sisters in Him.

Without going into those things, specifically, that I have had a change of heart, it occurred to me that most of it has to do with what is literal and what is a metaphor or symbolism. The Bible is full of symbolisms that some take to be literal and it causes confusion and is a major reason why there are so many denominations and differences of opinion and thought even inside a denomination such as the Church of God.

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 1/5/16 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
1/5/16 7:29 am

Post Eddie... Aaron Scott
I hear you. I, too, have changed over time.

But for me the KEY is whether I believe in a literal Jesus who was literally born of a virgin, literally worked miracles, was literally the Son of God, was really crucified for the sins of the world, literally died, literally rose again, literally ascended back to the Father, and will literally come again.

Everything else can perhaps be taken as non-literal (though I do take much of it literally), but if you don't take these things about Jesus literally, then we are not literally saved, do not have everlasting life, etc.

I trust you agree.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/5/16 12:04 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I do agree. Acts-pert Poster
1/5/16 1:24 pm

Post Da Sheik
I thought about posting a similar thread a few days ago. I think it is inevitable that our beliefs will grow/ evolve if we truly continue to learn more. If I had to point to one thing in my theology that has evolved, it would be a greater recognition of God's grace, and a greater recognition of my own capacity for weakness in the flesh. Acts Enthusiast
1/5/16 2:09 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
No doubt! God's grace and love for us is greater than we can comprehend! Acts-pert Poster
1/5/16 3:07 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
I thought about posting a similar thread a few days ago. I think it is inevitable that our beliefs will grow/ evolve if we truly continue to learn more. If I had to point to one thing in my theology that has evolved, it would be a greater recognition of God's grace, and a greater recognition of my own capacity for weakness in the flesh.

Thumb Up

Growing in his Grace! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/5/16 8:03 pm

Post Link
When it comes to eschatology, I think I agree with you.
1/5/16 10:24 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Yeah, lots of it in Revelation. Acts-pert Poster
1/5/16 10:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic