Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Resolving to preach grace without the "ifs", "ands" and "buts" in 2016.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Resolving to preach grace without the "ifs", "ands" and "buts" in 2016. bradfreeman
But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Rom. 5:20,21

The Greek for "abounded much more" is "huper-perisseuo" - beyond measure! His grace is immeasurable.

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. Eph. 2:4-9

The Greek for "surpassing riches" is "huper-ballo" - to throw over or throw beyond". His grace goes beyond the limits we place on it!

Resolving to preach grace that is beyond measure in 2016.
Resolving to preach grace that goes beyond whatever limits you try to place on it in 2016.

Resolving to preach grace that abounds in the face of sin, grace that reigns - the grace of God.

Like this:

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”
Rom. 4:4-8

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
1/3/16 8:37 am

Post Re: Resolving to preach grace without the "ifs", "ands" and "buts" in 2016. Old Time Country Preacher
bradfreeman wrote:
The Greek for "abounded much more" is "huper-perisseuo" - beyond measure!

The Greek for "surpassing riches" is "huper-ballo" - to throw over or throw beyond".

Brad, I keep tellin ya son, Strong's Concordance will give a pre-elementary definition, but when it comes to in-depth linguistic study, its gonna git ya out in left field.
Acts-pert Poster
1/3/16 1:54 pm

Post Re: Resolving to preach grace without the "ifs", "ands" and "buts" in 2016. bradfreeman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
The Greek for "abounded much more" is "huper-perisseuo" - beyond measure!

The Greek for "surpassing riches" is "huper-ballo" - to throw over or throw beyond".

Brad, I keep tellin ya son, Strong's Concordance will give a pre-elementary definition, but when it comes to in-depth linguistic study, its gonna git ya out in left field.

Thanks OTCP. Do you have a different definition for these words?

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
1/4/16 5:45 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic