Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Whole fish with eye's unappetizing?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Whole fish with eye's unappetizing? Link
My wife just bought a few fish on styrofoam wrapped in plastic. They are whole cleaned fish. Her family would grill fish on New Years Day, usually after family devotions from 1 to 3 AM, and eat them. We'll probably do ours after we sleep after church. I got to chase one of my little daughters around a bit with the fish. Smile

Indonesians usually just fry or grill them with the head on. The first time I had fish like that, it was a very large fish, covered with the thick Indonesian sweet soy sauce which looks a bit like mollasses with sweet carrot and cucumber pickle squares. To me, it looked good. Just the whole fish fried or grilled up. It tastes good.

Some people find it nauseating or unappetizing to see the eyes on a fish. What about you guys? Does that bother you?

I did find some of the smaller fish less appealing when they were fried. They don't batter them usually, just fry them in oil. The cut is there from being cleaned, and sometimes the smaller fish fried this way look to me like something ate their belly and they washed up on the shore dead. They usually taste okay, though.
12/31/15 11:56 pm

Post Cojak
I prefer not to see the eyes or heads, I have never had it served, but I could eat the fish.
There is some fish the toursits are fed in Israel, My wife said they called it 'Peter's Fish' it was served with the head/eyes on. She said she ate some but the eyes gave her the willies. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/1/16 12:44 am

Post Re: Whole fish with eye's unappetizing? Old Time Country Preacher
Link wrote:
Some people find it nauseating or unappetizing to see the eyes on a fish. What about you guys? Does that bother you?

True Story:

Me an momma both love fish, an usually git flounder. But when momma was expectin our first young'un, I took her to a fish restaurant an she ordered trout. We didn't know it but it was whole trout an when they brought the plate the whole fish was on the plate, yep, eyes/tail an all. Well, momma was gittin it all ready to eat (you know, butterin the tater, etc), when all of a sudden she had to git up an go outside where she done a little barfin. We had to leave. She said the more she looked at em eyes the sicker she felt.

Course, she still eats fish, but its flounder, an they aint no eyeballs a lookin at her.
Acts-pert Poster
1/1/16 1:20 am

Post Link
The whole fish thing did get to me one time when some Micronesians gave me a styofoam take-away box of their kind of food. There were various vegetable items with a whole fish on top. Not a cooked fish, but a raw cleaned fish. They eat them raw, not chopped up or sashimied.
1/1/16 7:30 am

Post c6thplayer1
I 'm not sure i could eat anything that's looking at me. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/1/16 11:35 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic