Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Who is this blessed man?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Who is this blessed man? bradfreeman
Rom. 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”

Who is this blessed man David envied?
Who is the man whose righteousness has nothing to do with his behavior?
Who is this ungodly man who has been justified?

The one who believes.

Our lawlessness is forgiven.
Our sins are covered.
The Lord shall not impute sin to us.

A few more verses on our blessedness:

2 Cor. 5:18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Heb. 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

Heb. 10:14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Heb. 10:16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
12/28/15 6:56 am

Post Change Agent
Thanks for the Good News. Acts Enthusiast
12/28/15 1:55 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:

I wouldn't use the word envied. David counted himself among the blessed "whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."
(Psalm 32)
Psalm 32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/29/15 1:36 pm

Post Re: Who is this blessed man? Link
bradfreeman wrote:

Just curious. Do you think that David is not thinking of himself (or at least including himself? I wonder if this was written after the affair with Bathsheba.

It is interesting to note that the law doesn't have an atonement for adultery apart from the death of those who committed it. Yet David found forgiveness and God did not impute his sin.
12/29/15 6:48 pm

Post bradfreeman
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't use the word envied. David counted himself among the blessed "whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."
(Psalm 32)
Psalm 32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Thanks Bonnie, David experience a measure of forgiveness. But he certainly didn't experience new covenant grace.

2 Same 12:22 He answered, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The Lord may be gracious to me and let the child live.’

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
12/30/15 7:24 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic