Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is national Israel really relevant?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is national Israel really relevant? Resident Skeptic
I am curious as to what some of you might think of the outline below. I do NOT necessarily embrace this theory, but I am open minded to different interpretations on Bible prophecy....

Israel becoming a nation in 1948 does not fulfill Bible prophecy.

Introduction:

1. We support the state of modern Israel as a stable productive democracy and a protectorate of biblical archeology from the Muslims who would hinder and destroy any evidence the Bible is accurate and that Jews are the historic occupiers of the land since 1400 BC. However Israel becoming a nation in 1948 AD was a non-event as far as Bible prophecy is concerned. The only hope of Israel is to accept Jesus Blood for their sins and be saved though faith, repentance, confession of Christ and water baptism.

2. Pre-tribulation Rapture and dispensationalists teach the false doctrine that God failed to fulfill the three promises he made to Abraham in fleshly Israel and the church (spiritual Israel).

3. All Premillennialists reject the plain Bible teaching that Israel possessed all the land God promises to Israel through Abraham.

4. Any church or preacher that claims that 1948 AD fulfilled Bible prophecy when modern Israel gained statehood, is a false teacher and ignorant of the bible. These false teachers are called "premillennialists, dispensationalists" and believe in the Rapture.

A. Plain Bible passages say that Israel got all the land promised Abraham:

1. "So the Lord gave Israel all the land which He had sworn to give to their fathers, and they possessed it and lived in it. And the Lord gave them rest on every side, according to all that He had sworn to their fathers, and no one of all their enemies stood before them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hand. Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass. " (Joshua 21:43-45)

2. "Now behold, today I am going the way of all the earth, and you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one word of all the good words which the Lord your God spoke concerning you has failed; all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed. "It shall come about that just as all the good words which the Lord your God spoke to you have come upon you, so the Lord will bring upon you all the threats, until He has destroyed you from off this good land which the Lord your God has given you. " (Joshua 23:14-15)

3. Josh 24:28 Then Joshua dismissed the people, each to his inheritance.

4. 2 Sam 8:3 David defeated Hadadezer...as he went to restore his rule at the River [Euphrates].

5. 1 Kings 4:21 Now Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the [Euphrates] River to the land of the Philistines and to the border of Egypt; they brought tribute and served Solomon

6. 2 Chr 9:26 And he was the ruler over all the kings from the Euphrates River even to the land of the Philistines, and as far as the border of Egypt.

7. Neh 9:8 And Thou didst find Abraham's heart faithful before Thee, and didst make a covenant with him to give him the land of the Canaanite, of the Hittite and the Amorite, of the Perizzite, the Jebusite, and the Girgashite-- to give it to his descendants. And Thou hast fulfilled Thy promise, for Thou art righteous.

8. Jer 11:5 "in order to confirm the oath which I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day." Then I answered and said, "Amen, O LORD."

9. So it is simply apostate theology to say that God did not give Israel all the land promised to Abraham.

B. The 6 cities of Refuge prove the land promise was fulfilled:

1. For example, God said that if Israel got all the land promised, then they would have six cities of refuge.

2. "Therefore, I command you, saying, 'You shall set aside three cities for yourself.' "If the LORD your God enlarges your territory, just as He has sworn to your fathers, and gives you all the land which He promised to give your fathers— if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always—then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three. " (Deuteronomy 19:7-9)

3. Joshua 20:7-9 lists six cities of refuge - Kadesh, Shechem, Hebron, Bezer, Ramoth, and Golan.

4. Therefore God gave them all the land and premillennialism is utterly refuted!

C. Premillennialists are deluded false teachers:

1. Premillennialists falsely teach that Israel never got the land they were promised and that God had to bring Israel again into the land in 1948 AD, in order to fulfill his promise. This is entirely false!

2. Here are some typical statements by famous premillennialists:

a. "God unconditionally promised Abraham's descendants a literal world-wide kingdom over which they would rule through their Messiah who would reign upon King David's throne...Even the animals and reptiles will lose their ferocity and no longer be carnivorous," (The Late Great Planet Earth, Hal Lindsay, p 165)

b. "The nature of the blessings are earthly, territorial, and national, and have nothing to do with a spiritual church to which none of these blessings has been promised ...Christ is not now on the throne of David bringing blessings to Israel as the prophets predicted, but He is rather on His Father's throne waiting for the coming earthly kingdom and interceding for His own who form the church," (The Millennial Kingdom: A Basic Text in Premillennial Theology, John F. Walvoord, p 205, 1983 AD)

c. 3. "The foundation of the state of Israel in recent years has been a part of the predicted regathering of scattered Israel back to their ancient land...The present partial possession of the land is a token. The complete possession awaits the coming of Israel's Redeemer" (The Millennial Kingdom: A Basic Text in Premillennial Theology, John F. Walvoord, p 185, 1983 AD)

Conclusion:

1. Premillennialism is a theology of infidelity because it refuses to accept the plain teaching of the Bible that Israel possessed all the land God promised them through Abraham over 3400 years ago under Joshua and Solomon.

2. All three promises God made to Abraham were fulfilled over 2000 years ago.

3. Israel became a great nation in Egypt, possessed the land under Joshua and Solomon and through Jesus all the nations of the earth were blessed.

4. The idea that God must re-establish National Israel, rebuilt the Temple, restart animal sacrifices all to fulfill the land promise is a huge and obvious false doctrine. Few care enough to study it for themselves and escape the bondage of the false doctrine.
12/26/15 10:56 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is very inaccurate to lump all premillenialists in with dispensationalists. The above remarks betray a remarkable degree of ignorance of the works of nondispensational premillenialist scholars such as the very influential Dr. G.E. Ladd. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/26/15 12:17 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It is very inaccurate to lump all premillenialists in with dispensationalists. The above remarks betray a remarkable degree of ignorance of the works of nondispensational premillenialist scholars such as the very influential Dr. G.E. Ladd.

That thought crossed my mind as well.

How do you feel about the writer's stand on Israel?
12/26/15 12:58 pm

Post The kind of JUNK I can't stand! Aaron Scott
I don't have any problem with the claim that national Israel is not a fulfillment of prophecy. Israel is a nation, much like any other democracy, and are deserving of our praise or our denouncing, depending on their actions.

I do not accept that notion that leads many to overlook Israel's faults, while not missing the faults of their enemies.

HOWEVER, I am against this TRASH of people trashing other views of the Bible as being somehow evil, deluded, false, ungodly, etc. We do that to just about every Christian that disagrees with us. ENOUGH! It's one thing to believe we are wrong; it is another to act as if we are sending people to hell...that we are heretics, etc.

That's just game-playing. Virtually EVERY "doctrine" has SOME basis in scripture. It may be wrong. It may not stand under rightly dividing the Word of God. It may falter when you take a fuller view. But let's not act like people have ZERO REASON to believe as they do.

The OSAS group? They have some scriptures to back them. Not enough, I would think, but it's a fair conclusion to draw.

Free Will/Predestination? Both have good reasons for their positions.

If you want to know the truth, I can be reached on Facebook. But besides me, you are doomed. (SMILE).
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/26/15 2:41 pm

Post bonnie knox
I think "the writer" might be Church of Christ minister Steve Rudd. I don't know anything about him, but I tend to agree with Aaron with respect to being tired of hearing ministers calling everyone else a hell-bound heretic. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/26/15 4:07 pm

Post Origin of Positions cited plus comment (L) Mark Ledbetter
The link to which the materials posted can be found at the following website.

http://www.bible.ca/premillennialism-rapture-replacement-theology-supersessionism-three-promises-abraham-fulfilled-israel-god-land-joshua-solomon.htm

Any attempt to pin[point the exact author ends in a dead end. All is attributed to http://www.bible.ca.

One of the interesting claims on its webpage, “Who are we?” (http://www.bible.ca/seek-about.htm) is whoever they are believe they are emulating the early church established in 33 AD and “human creeds, catechisms & statements of faith cause religious division because they compete with the authority of the Bible and cloud people’s ability to clearly see what the Bible actually says.”

And the webpage adds, “With the Bible as our only guide, we seek to find what the original church was like and restore it exactly.”

Many of the thoughts I find intriguing.

In light of their position it is easy to understand why they refute Darby’s Dispensation and Rapture Doctrine. They view it as man-made doctrine not revealed in Scripture.

Thought there are other positions presented I want to address one of the chief components of their argument:

Plain Bible passages say that Israel got all the land promised Abraham, where they cite Joshua 21:43-45; 23:14-15; 24:28; 2 Sam 8:3, etc. and they conclude “it is apostate theology to say that God did not give Israel all the land promised to Abraham.

Look at 1 Kings 4:21, “Now, Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the River [Euphrates] to the land of the Philistines and to the border of Egypt; they brought tribute and served Solomon all the days of his life.”

Compare the Promise God gave to Abraham found in Genesis 15:18, “On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, ‘To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates… (see also vvs.19-21)

Consider also Genesis 17 where God declared His covenant with Abram and his descendants as an “everlasting covenant.”

There is a significant difference between the descendants of Abraham inheriting land under Joshua, and possessing the land in fulfillment of the complete territory described and…

King Solomon ruling over vassal kingdoms paying him tribute.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
12/26/15 5:12 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I would need to see "the writer's" stand on the civil war, Hitler and, well, people of color in general.

That is so right.

I can guess though. Twisted Evil
12/26/15 5:37 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I would need to see "the writer's" stand on the civil war, Hitler and, well, people of color in general.

That is so right.

I can guess though. Twisted Evil

The writer made it clear he was pro-Israel from a political standpoint. Why not take him at his word instead of acting like you work for the DNC?

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 12/26/15 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
12/26/15 7:40 pm

Post Re: The kind of JUNK I can't stand! Resident Skeptic
Aaron Scott wrote:
I don't have any problem with the claim that national Israel is not a fulfillment of prophecy. Israel is a nation, much like any other democracy, and are deserving of our praise or our denouncing, depending on their actions.

I do not accept that notion that leads many to overlook Israel's faults, while not missing the faults of their enemies.

HOWEVER, I am against this TRASH of people trashing other views of the Bible as being somehow evil, deluded, false, ungodly, etc. We do that to just about every Christian that disagrees with us. ENOUGH! It's one thing to believe we are wrong; it is another to act as if we are sending people to hell...that we are heretics, etc.

That's just game-playing. Virtually EVERY "doctrine" has SOME basis in scripture. It may be wrong. It may not stand under rightly dividing the Word of God. It may falter when you take a fuller view. But let's not act like people have ZERO REASON to believe as they do.

The OSAS group? They have some scriptures to back them. Not enough, I would think, but it's a fair conclusion to draw.

Free Will/Predestination? Both have good reasons for their positions.

If you want to know the truth, I can be reached on Facebook. But besides me, you are doomed. (SMILE).

Then prepare to be labeled a Nazi loving Jew hater.

So many of our brothers here are brainwashed and do not even know it. They have been trained to slander those who might point out some inconsistencies in what is commonly taught on certain historical topics.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 12/26/15 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts-dicted
12/26/15 7:43 pm

Post Re: Origin of Positions cited plus comment (L) Resident Skeptic
Mark Ledbetter wrote:

http://www.bible.ca/premillennialism-rapture-replacement-theology-supersessionism-three-promises-abraham-fulfilled-israel-god-land-joshua-solomon.htm

Any attempt to pin[point the exact author ends in a dead end. All is attributed to http://www.bible.ca.

One of the interesting claims on its webpage, “Who are we?” (http://www.bible.ca/seek-about.htm) is whoever they are believe they are emulating the early church established in 33 AD and “human creeds, catechisms & statements of faith cause religious division because they compete with the authority of the Bible and cloud people’s ability to clearly see what the Bible actually says.”

And the webpage adds, “With the Bible as our only guide, we seek to find what the original church was like and restore it exactly.”

In light of their position it is easy to understand why they refute Darby’s Dispensation and Rapture Doctrine. They view it as man-made doctrine not revealed in Scripture.

Thought there are other positions presented I want to address one of the chief components of their argument:

Plain Bible passages say that Israel got all the land promised Abraham, where they cite Joshua 21:43-45; 23:14-15; 24:28; 2 Sam 8:3, etc. and they conclude “it is apostate theology to say that God did not give Israel all the land promised to Abraham.

Look at 1 Kings 4:21, “Now, Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the River [Euphrates] to the land of the Philistines and to the border of Egypt; they brought tribute and served Solomon all the days of his life.”

Compare the Promise God gave to Abraham found in Genesis 15:18, “On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, ‘To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates… (see also vvs.19-21)

Consider also Genesis 17 where God declared His covenant with Abram and his descendants as an “everlasting covenant.”

There is a significant difference between the descendants of Abraham inheriting land under Joshua, and possessing the land in fulfillment of the complete territory described and…King Solomon ruling over vassal kingdoms paying him tribute

Thank you for a very thought provoking response to the writer's claims. You raised some excellent points and you didn't feel the need to accuse anyone of being anti-sematic.
12/26/15 7:44 pm

Post RS wrote, Mark Ledbetter
Quote:
Thank you for a very thought provoking response to the writer's claims. You raised some excellent points and you didn't feel the need to accuse anyone of being anti-sematic.

Who knows? Before I'm through maybe I will, well at least anti-Israel. It it waddles like a duck...

As for the claim the original post regarding Israel established as a nation not prophetic, I don't disagree. No specific prophecy dates the establishment of Israel as a political entity.

I do see its establishment, however, as part of the restoration process leading to the spiritual restoration of Israel.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
12/26/15 7:55 pm

Post Re: RS wrote, Resident Skeptic
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
Quote:

Who knows? Before I'm through maybe I will, well at least anti-Israel. It it waddles like a duck...

As for the claim the original post regarding Israel established as a nation not prophetic, I don't disagree. No specific prophecy dates the establishment of Israel as a political entity.

I do see its establishment, however, as part of the restoration process leading to the spiritual restoration of Israel.

So how then are you not anti-Israel and the author is (though he starts with a pro-Israel declaration).

Anyone in their right mind can see Israel is the only sane nation in the region. I cannot seem to muster any sympathy for the Philistines...err... I mean, the "Palestinians". I also see a difference between Israel as a nation and the global Zionist conspiracy of economic world domination. Stalin was shocked and dismayed when the nation whose creation he supported did not become a Soviet puppet as he had expected. I guess he thought that since Jews had been the backbone of the Bolshevik Revolution, that Israel would be communist. He was wrong.

Back in the 90's, political commentator Chuck Harder came under attack for being "anti-Semitic". And why was this accusation brought against him? Simply because he was exposing the monster known as the Federal Reserve. What his attacker did not know was that Harder is 1/4 Jewish himself and had given no thought to the ethnicity of those involved in the founding and operation of the Fed. I suspect his accuser was some knee jerk reactionary on Actscelerate.
12/26/15 8:06 pm

Post Re: Origin of Positions cited plus comment (L) revuriah
Mark Ledbetter wrote:

There is a significant difference between the descendants of Abraham inheriting land under Joshua, and possessing the land in fulfillment of the complete territory described and…

I thought this as well, Mark. Just reading the first chapter of Joshua shows what God had for them, and in chapter 13, when Joshua was old, God told him that there much more land to acquire. It is clear that Israel did not get all that land, clear to the Euphrates, under Joshua.

I felt the author was incredibly arrogant. Not an easy read because of his attitude.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/26/15 8:11 pm

Post Re: Origin of Positions cited plus comment (L) Resident Skeptic
revuriah wrote:
Mark Ledbetter wrote:

I thought this as well, Mark. Just reading the first chapter of Joshua shows what God had for them, and in chapter 13, when Joshua was old, God told him that there much more land to acquire. It is clear that Israel did not get all that land, clear to the Euphrates, under Joshua.

I felt the author was incredibly arrogant. Not an easy read because of his attitude.

Another fair analysis, on all points.
12/26/15 8:17 pm

Post I beg to differ famousflavius
The nation of Israel as we know it today is an absolute miracle and a Biblical sign of the end times. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
12/26/15 10:45 pm

Post Re: I beg to differ Resident Skeptic
famousflavius wrote:
The nation of Israel as we know it today is an absolute miracle and a Biblical sign of the end times.

There certainly is allot of evidence to support that idea.
12/27/15 8:37 am

Post Re: Is national Israel really relevant? bradfreeman
Resident Skeptic wrote:
4. Any church or preacher that claims that 1948 AD fulfilled Bible prophecy when modern Israel gained statehood, is a false teacher and ignorant of the bible. These false teachers are called "premillennialists, dispensationalists" and believe in the Rapture.

Graceless.
Typical of the kind of attitude most experience who differ with others.

We really need to learn how to dialogue and disagree with love.
What you believe about Israel is irrelevant to salvation.
What you believe about Hell is irrelevant to salvation.
What you believe about the rapture is irrelevant to salvation.

What you believe about Jesus matters.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
12/27/15 9:16 am

Post Re: Is national Israel really relevant? Resident Skeptic
bradfreeman wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Graceless.
Typical of the kind of attitude most experience who differ with others.

We really need to learn how to dialogue and disagree with love.
What you believe about Israel is irrelevant to salvation.
What you believe about Hell is irrelevant to salvation.
What you believe about the rapture is irrelevant to salvation.

What you believe about Jesus matters.

I suppose I could have done a better job in choosing an essay that presents the view that the rebirth of Israel did not fulfill any prophecy. The writer's attitude seems to be distracting and has become the focal point of the thread instead of the substance of his argument. But I have to wonder if all this focus on the writer's attitude is just a cop out to avoid critically analyzing his point. I have found that Christians want to believe what they want to believe and for the moist part seek to discredit those who disagree with them instead of having true dialog.
12/27/15 10:47 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic