Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Goodbye

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Goodbye caveator
I have enjoyed logging into actscelerate for many years and have posted my share of posts. However, it is really a sad thing that it seems to have been hijacked by a few and abandoned by many. I was just thinking today about some well respected pastors and officials that used to post interesting and productive thoughts here. Most of them are never heard from anymore. It become frustrating for me personally, to have to read through a few dozen posts to find anything besides discussions on hyper-grace and degree mills.

I have enjoyed the dialogue over the years, and may drop back in to read posts on occasions, but I have made the decision to retire from Actscelerate. It has been fun, but not so much recently. I am not sure that my small caveats will be missed much, but I had a good time.

I have stayed around a little longer that I planned, with the hope that things would improve, but it unfortunately appears that it is almost time to cut out the lights.

Goodbye and Merry Christmas!
Acts-celerater
12/22/15 4:27 pm

Post JLarry
Sorry to see you go. Come visit when you will.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/22/15 4:51 pm

Post Wait a few months famousflavius
Just wait a few months, at least wait until after the assembly political season. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
12/22/15 4:54 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
So long... Acts-pert Poster
12/22/15 5:06 pm

Post John Jett
quickly! Someone start a drinking thread! Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/22/15 6:16 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Never Quit Cav. You never know who you are helping with your ministry! The bible says his word will not return void , but if theres no one left to speak his word what then ... You speak his word on this board. Dont stop!

The hyper stuff bothers me about as much as the Christian Science Monitor. However there are those that dont know about it and needs to be informed by someone so they wont become trapped.

And really , the degree mills are nothing more than some scam artist trying to make a fast buck out of others emotions. Again there are those that are misinformed and need to hear the truth about these people offering them.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/22/15 6:17 pm

Post Cojak
You have made some valid points, and I will miss the logic used in cases lately, especially on the political arena. Smile
don't stay away!. Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/22/15 8:22 pm

Post May I suggest? roughridercog
Take a sabbatical and maybe come back. We've all done it.

We'll leave the light on for you.
12/23/15 4:35 pm

Post May I suggest? roughridercog
Take a sabbatical and maybe come back. We've all done it.

We'll leave the light on for you.
12/23/15 4:35 pm

Post Cojak
John Jett wrote:
quickly! Someone start a drinking thread!

okay, I did smile!!! Cool
12/23/15 7:14 pm

Post Re: Goodbye Resident Skeptic
caveator wrote:
I have enjoyed logging into actscelerate for many years and have posted my share of posts. However, it is really a sad thing that it seems to have been hijacked by a few and abandoned by many. I was just thinking today about some well respected pastors and officials that used to post interesting and productive thoughts here. Most of them are never heard from anymore. It become frustrating for me personally, to have to read through a few dozen posts to find anything besides discussions on hyper-grace and degree mills.

I have enjoyed the dialogue over the years, and may drop back in to read posts on occasions, but I have made the decision to retire from Actscelerate. It has been fun, but not so much recently. I am not sure that my small caveats will be missed much, but I had a good time.

I have stayed around a little longer that I planned, with the hope that things would improve, but it unfortunately appears that it is almost time to cut out the lights.

Goodbye and Merry Christmas!

So long.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 12/27/15 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
12/26/15 8:56 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
The discernment level on this board is so low...

Was that necessary?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/26/15 9:09 pm

Post Cojak
Me thinks RS is on the wrong Post?? Confused
12/26/15 9:13 pm

Post Re: Goodbye Nature Boy Florida
Resident Skeptic wrote:
God be with you, Ol timer.

Did RS just link caveator with another poster?
Who knew?
12/27/15 6:22 am

Post Re: Goodbye bonnie knox
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Who knew?

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of the whole exchange. I guess anyone who has been around Acts long enough would be considered an Acts old timer, which is not to be confused with THE Old Timer.
But, RS mentioned the low level of discernment which reminded me that caveator once indicated that bonnie knox and the Old Timer were one and the same.
It's a funny world.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/27/15 8:50 am

Post Re: Goodbye Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Who knew?

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of the whole exchange. I guess anyone who has been around Acts long enough would be considered an Acts old timer, which is not to be confused with THE Old Timer.
But, RS mentioned the low level of discernment which reminded me that caveator once indicated that bonnie knox and the Old Timer were one and the same.
It's a funny world.

haha Sorry Bonnie. I'm probably older than you anyway. Yes, I did confuse "goodbye threads" here. I will make necessary adjustments.
12/27/15 10:57 am

Post Thank You doyle
Thank you cavetor for your many excellent and insightful posts. Indeed there have been more hyper-grace posts than desired, and some have challenged the degree mills.

I just took a few seconds glance at the board and found these:
Carolyn Taylor is in critical condition (a very important post that deserves our attention), Is national Israel still relevant? (seemingly a question that could use some of the wisdom you can share), Thoughts on a passage in the Book of Acts, Secret mystery of the NT, Pre-Trib info, Franklin Graham and politics, and of course, Cojak for President."

And of course, the board is wide open for you to share your heart on the issues facing our world and our Church. You are welcome to light a candle of wisdom and interest at any time.

However, if your decision is final, please do accept my thanks and appreciation for the numerous insightful and wise posts you have made. You have been a blessing. You will be missed. Blessings.

Doyle
12/27/15 12:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic