Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Have you ever wanted to go back home

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Have you ever wanted to go back home JLarry
For several years I did. In the late 90's the door opened for a short time. I went back to my home town (population 1000) to pastor, but it only lasted one year.

Even though I live about 15 miles from there, the folks at that church made me happy that I no longer live THERE.

My wife lived in Jacksonville when we married to a small town was quite a change for her when I brought her to the country.

Now we live less than five miles from a town of 15,000 people. We can be at Walmart in 5 minutes. Even though she would rather live in a larger town we are happy. Our family is close by and that makes a huge difference.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/20/15 7:11 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I live about 25 miles from where I grew up. I spent 8 years in Cleveland and I would like to go back there some day. In many ways, it is home to me now. Acts-pert Poster
12/20/15 7:20 pm

Post Our High School FB Team, Nu 1 in the nation JLarry
The Colquitt County Packers, Moultrie Ga. has been named the 6A Number one team in the nation.

They are 30-0.

The packers were named after a pork packaging plant that was one of the largest employers in our area for many years.

Colquitt County is the largest farming county in Ga.

We, and most farmers in my day grew cotton, peanuts and tobacco. Now Colquitt Cty is one of the largest vegetable producing county's in the nation.

Moultrie is about 30 miles from the S. Ga. CoG campground and just over an hour from Tallahassee Fla.

Moultrie host one of the largest Farm Exposition in the nation.

Acts Mod
12/20/15 7:31 pm

Post Eddie JLarry
Don't you have more family in Cleveland than the Metro Atlanta area.

Acts Mod
12/20/15 7:36 pm

Post Cojak
That is one of the 'problems' with transient parents, they produce family with no roots. Years ago pastors left family at two or three churches as the children married and remained when dad left to go to another church.

I have no home, so I am accepting my wife's home, I was a builder there for years, have a home there, but it is not home. I wish I knew were home was here in the USA. My wife has friends she started 1st grade with and stayed with until HS graduation.

I assume that is the reason I can travel and SELDOM want to return to any particular spot. I seem to always want to be where I 'Ain't'.

I do sorta envy the feelings of folk who have a REAL HOME TOWN. Embarassed I feel sorta out of place at her HS and Mill reunions. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/20/15 8:49 pm

Post Re: Eddie Eddie Robbins
JLarry wrote:
Don't you have more family in Cleveland than the Metro Atlanta area.

Yes. My sisters and their families are there. I have probably 30 or so in-laws there as well. I have none here in the Metro.
Acts-pert Poster
12/20/15 9:08 pm

Post JLarry
Cojak, my wife can relate to you.

Her family moved so much she does not really call anywhere, in her childhood, home. She lived in Jax when we married. She has only been to Jax to visit a cousin and attend a funeral in many years.

This is home now. All our immediate family is near by. Oldest son 25 miles away, granddaughter and great grand-daugher across town. Other son lives with us. He never married and became unable (RA) to work in 2009 so he moved in with us.

My wife, son, myself and small dog makes up our happy home.

Acts Mod
12/20/15 9:29 pm

Post georgiapath
Guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have lived in the same area sine l952. have lived in the same house since I got married 46 years ago. I am home and home is where I will stay. Laughing Laughing Acts-dicted
12/21/15 8:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic